Bruton Smith

I love the idea of Brutonā€™s name associated with this effort. However, we better not screw around and wait for him to open his letter from Phil (assuming of course, that Bruton was on Philā€™s mailing list).

Bruton bought New Hampshire and Kentucky Speedways in the past year. He wants Sprint Cup dates at Kentucky & another at Vegas.

Odds are he will purchase another track (Dover?).

Sure, heā€™s loaded but I think even he can only leverage so far.

[QUOTE]Whether Smith could buy Dover is also questionable. He took a $300 million loan to purchase New Hampshire earlier this year, and would assume $63.8 million in debt if he purchases Kentucky. Bob Simonson, a financial analyst at William Blair, estimates that Dover could cost more than $230 million to purchase and SMI would assume $50 million more debt.

ā€œBruton, where are you going to get a quarter of billion dollars?ā€ Simonson says. ā€œYou just shelled out $300 million-plus. ā€¦ For a public shareholder, youā€™re leveraging. This is a wonderful business, a wonderful franchise business and great cash flows, but hello, youā€™re adding an awful lot of debt.ā€

[/QUOTE]

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Do_Dover_and_Pocono_have_a_future_in_NASCAR.html

If Phil goes after Bruton for $$$, he better do it quickly and be better prepared than a few powerpoint slides.

Iā€™m afraid Phil canā€™t comprehend what is needed to properly approach Bruton.

you beat me to the subjectā€¦

Dear Mr Smith,

I pledge to you and Sonic Automotive, that if you stepped forward to help finance 49er football, myself and family will buy only Sonic vehicles until the day I die! I am sure at least 1/2 of the 75,000 alumni, would feel the same.

Iā€™ve already started advertising for you on this website.

Bruton,

I own one already (Town & Country Toyota), but if you can straighten out Philā€™s logic and get this football process moving, I will trash my non-Sonic car (only 2 years old) so I can buy a new Sonic Automotive vehicle.

From that point on, myself and immediate family will only buy Sonic cars, attend SMI races, shop at Lowes Home Improvement stores, drink Coca-Cola and buy groceries at Food Lion (Auto Fair).

Also, all future charitible contributions from my family will go to Speedway Children Charities and no one else.

ā€œBruton Smith Stadiumā€, since he already has a road named after him we might can skip that part and just name the stadium after him.

the guy is pretty old, another reason to get on the ball and approach him.

"Bruton Smith Stadium", since he already has a road named after him we might can skip that part and just name the stadium after him.

the guy is pretty old, another reason to get on the ball and approach him.

I wonder if Bruton has an email address that he himself actually checks. If we could somehow find a way to contact him directly, I would do it. Maybe even the US Mail might be the best way to reach him. If a bunch of us did it in a respectful way, it would atleast put the thought of helping us out into his head. I mean really, could we do any worse than what Phil would probably do, and this assumes he even has the cajones to approach Bruton?

Mr. Smith,

Iā€™ve attached the link to the Pole Vault thread. Thereā€™s lots more where this came from. By the way, we need a football stadium.

Over

huh, that :smile:could work!

Bruton now wishes he would have moved the speedway:
[URL]http://www.wcnc.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=280872[/URL]

Bruton now wishes he would have moved the speedway: [URL]http://www.wcnc.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=280872[/URL]

I couldnt see the vid. Any reason why?

I couldnt see the vid. Any reason why?
the billionaire thought he was getting his money (or incentives that cost money) in 2 to 3 years, now the city/county is saying it could take up to 40 years.

[QUOTE=ninerID;339267]the billionaire thought he was getting his money (or incentives that cost money) in 2 to 3 years, now the city/county is saying it could take up to 40 years.[/QUOTE]

Bruton sures does like to keep his name in the headlines.

Kinda think we could have our own Steinbrenner if Brutonā€™s name was on the stadium. Can only wonder what kind of things he would say if the Niners fielded too many losing football teams in Bruton Smith Stadium. Although, it would be a better problem to have than the present situation.

As far as his latest complaintā€¦2-3 years? 40 years?

both answers sound silly to me.

wonder what the real answer is.

the billionaire thought he was getting his money (or incentives that cost money) in 2 to 3 years, now the city/county is saying it could take up to 40 years.

Blahaha!

bruton can build us a stadium and he wonā€™t have to wait 30 years to get his name on it. his name can go on the stadium before itā€™s finished with construction.

I hate to say it but I donā€™t think this is encouraging. If he is incurring that much debt to buy the tracks, he is leveraging that he will make up the losses with revenues once he owns the tracks. He wonā€™t have that luxury if he donates towards a stadium for football. He wonā€™t be involved with the future revenues.

What makes you guys think he will give us a dime? What connection does he have with the University or college football? He is an old man who has built his fortune on racing and car dealerships seriously doubt he is going to put money in anything else.

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;339322]What makes you guys think he will give us a dime? What connection does he have with the University or college football? He is an old man who has built his fortune on racing and car dealerships seriously doubt he is going to put money in anything else.[/QUOTE]

His sons went hereā€¦

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;339378]His sons went hereā€¦[/QUOTE]

Are they involved with the school?

[QUOTE=Upstate49er;339379]Are they involved with the school?[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge, not sure that they actually graduated for hereā€¦

What makes you guys think he will give us a dime? What connection does he have with the University or college football? He is an old man who has built his fortune on racing and car dealerships seriously doubt he is going to put money in anything else.

I think people are trying to think positive and trying to consider all possibilities. You can never gauge a persons ego. Having your name on a football stadium or athletic building is kind of cool. Plus, I donā€™t believe Dale Halton had a connection with the school and look what she did. Sheā€™s now one of our biggest fans.

[QUOTE=ninerID;339267]the billionaire thought he was getting his money (or incentives that cost money) in 2 to 3 years, now the city/county is saying it could take up to 40 years.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: Hahahahahahahaā€¦ He tried to pull one on Cabarrus and they ended up getting him in the end. Guess he let his evil genius gaurd down a little too long.