C-SET college bball announcement & schedule

C-SET Announces College Basketball Schedule

C-SET Schedule

Bringing the games to life through play-by-play will be a team of broadcasters including Dwayne Ballen, Steve Martin and Gary Williams. Ballen comes to the network with more than 20 years broadcast experience, including working with CBS Sports both as analyst and sideline reporter and serving as part of CBS’s team of telecasters for the NCAA Tournament for the past three seasons.

For analysis, C-SET will look to Matt Doherty, Lane Odom, Dell Curry, Trudi Lacey and Hersey Hawkins. Doherty was a three-year starter at University of North Carolina playing with teammates Michael Jordan and James Worthy to the 1982 NCAA Championship title. After coaching at University of Notre Dame, Doherty returned to lead his alma mater and became the first coach in ACC history to win the regular season title in his first year of coaching. He was named the Associated Press Coach of the Year for that achievement. Odom spent the last four seasons as an assistant on Quin Snyder’s staff at the University of Missouri. During that tenure, the Tigers went to three NCAA tournaments and the NIT once. Odom also served as an assistant at Charlotte.

Good to see they’re using Charlotte now in the listing. They had UNCC in the paper. I don’t see Apke. I know that Ballen was one of the guys for the Davidson game.

Lefty

Any news on Charter picking up C-Set? I see where they cannot use the excuse of not enough channel space. Cnn-fn is going off the air. You seem to have the inside scoop on C-set.

[i]Originally posted by jake49er2[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 06:40 PM [b] Lefty

Any news on Charter picking up C-Set? I see where they cannot use the excuse of not enough channel space. Cnn-fn is going off the air. You seem to have the inside scoop on C-set. [/b]

I put a call in to the guy at Charter again this afternoon. Last I heard…they hoped to have the agreement done by the end of Nov. Obviously, nothing yet. I saw they dropped that CNN channel.

So what is the deal with the Indiana game? It says Taped Delayed(TD), but it is schedule to be shown at the time that the game is to be played.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Dec 10 2004, 07:01 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Dec 10 2004, 07:01 PM)
[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 07:41 PM [b] So what is the deal with the Indiana game? It says Taped Delayed(TD), but it is schedule to be shown at the time that the game is to be played. [/b]
I could very easily be wrong, because it has happened before...but I believe the game is live on ESPN+ and will be shown tape-delayed on C-SET.

Does this sound right? I sure hope so.

[b]QUOTE (pcon @ Dec 10 2004, 07:41 PM) So what is the deal with the Indiana game? It says Taped Delayed(TD), but it is schedule to be shown at the time that the game is to be played.

I could very easily be wrong, because it has happened before…but I believe the game is live on ESPN+ and will be shown tape-delayed on C-SET.

Does this sound right? I sure hope so. [/b]

I mean…the C-set schedule has the game coming on at the same time that our schedule has the game being played(Dec. 22 at 8:00). Is one wrong(C-set?), should it read tape delayed with a show date on Dec. 23?

Charlotte should have stayed with WAXN. They really blew it leaving WAXN.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 11 2004, 09:56 AM [b] Charlotte should have stayed with WAXN. They really blew it leaving WAXN. [/b]
I think the story was that WAXN dropped us (for the SEC, I believe). I hate it happened. C-SET is a great alternative, except when the Niners play on the same nights as the Bobcats.

What is sad is that fact that Alabama wasn’t televised, @Indiana is scheduled for tape delay and we may not even be able to see @Cincinnati!!

Thanks for the update Lefty, I hate Jags isn’t doing any this year - I love when he does play by play!!

C-SET is the best. Us RDU folks get to see the Niners on the tube!