C-USA Hoops Preview: UAB Blazers

ConferenceUSA.com: UAB Men’s Basketball Preview

Al.com: Moving beyond the Sweet 16

ssssshhhhhhh…do you hear that?? Sounds like the little pitter-patter of UABHeckler’s tiny feet. It’s only a matter of time till we hear from him on this one.

Hey Run, Keep up the good work. I always enjoy the info you pull together. :thumbsup:

I’m sure Heckler won’t agree but dosen’t Anderson seem a little overinflated “Everyone’s going to give us their best shot because we have UAB on our jerseys” Geez Coach, sorry to tell you that you didn’t quite win the national title last year, the only reason people will be coming after you is to put you back in your place after one year when your team was formidable. Then their was the bragging abouut their new “star” forward holmes, “he was the 35th best forward in the southeast AND he ties his own shoes!” This team seems it will have to live and die by the three.

Live and Die by the 3? Kinda like how Plavich does? What were his stats again when he played us? I seem to have lost count of how many 3’s he missed.

I wonder how many fouls Iti will have this year. He’s going to wish he went to Mesa CC after this season is over.

UAB will beat you for a 4th straight time. I wonder what kind of excuses you will make. Hopefully Withers won’t be in jail for another DUI so he can come get his a$$ handed to him.

I hear Demon is now teaching “how to properly hold a gun while communicating threats to young girls: 101”. You must be proud.

[b]Live and Die by the 3? Kinda like how Plavich does? What were his stats again when he played us? I seem to have lost count of how many 3's he missed.[/b]

Couldn’t tell you, I was too busy watching Curtis own your team all night.

The rest of your post is as stupid as you are.

You will lose.

[b]You will lose.[/b]

And I’ll be there, cancelling out all 3 UAB fans by myself.

Charlotte was good last year, UAB was good last year. Charlotte is BETTER this year according to almost every analyst, Iti is slimmer and more mobile, same goes for plavich, which by the way shot around 38% on the ol’ three ball last year, similar to JJ Redick’s percentage but I guess hes just a complete loser too. UAB is WORSE this year, once again, lost your only post player, lost your best deep threat. Accomplishments from years past don’t win games this year.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 11:25 AM [b] I hear Demon is now teaching "how to properly hold a gun while communicating threats to young girls: 101". You must be proud. [/b]
Beats having to sit through:

“Pat Donohoe’s class on Weed and its affect on the BCS rankings”

Or, “Camping out with the DEA around Camp Hall in the Fred Williams era”

Or, “Puppet Control, taught by Nolan Richardson”

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 05:17 PM [b] And I'll be there, [/b]
Sweet, now we'll have the home court advantage. :lol:
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 01:43 PM [b] Beats having to sit through:

“Pat Donohoe’s class on Weed and its affect on the BCS rankings”

Or, “Camping out with the DEA around Camp Hall in the Fred Williams era”

Or, “Puppet Control, taught by Nolan Richardson” [/b]

Or a Criminal Justice seminar on gang rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor - a case study of UAB athletics, sex drugs, lies, coverups, and a female teenager whose life was ruined by the experience. :ph34r:

UAB is where that happened???

Yep. Some hoops players “knew” her too. In the Biblical sense. What was she, 13? 14?

Out of Control

Here’s a link to the story. I forgot that happened at UAB.

The football team is who really “took advantage” as it were of her.

ESPN’s article is very sad. Bad situation.

I still don’t understand how anyone here can guarentee a victory against UAB. We’re going to their place having been beaten the last three times we played them. That’s like saying we’re definitely going to win at SLU this year.

Make fun of their team all you want, but I remember all the smack people talked last year and then they still didn’t give UAB any credit, and then they beat us again.

I don’t understand how people can complain about us not getting respect and then blatently disrespect UAB. UAB went to the Sweet 16 last year, when is the last time we did that?

I don’t think UAB is a better team than us this year, but they surely showed they were better last year. Went deeper in the tournament and beat us. At OUR place no less. And they knocked us out of the CUSA tournament. Yet, they are an inferior team??? They should at least get the respect of being on par with us the past couple of years. I remember people saying the same thing about Marquette, another conference team that did well and was disrespected by our fans. Am I the only one who sees it as hypocritical to complain about our national respect and then rip other teams who have done more impressive things? Especially teams that will draw attention to our program.

I’ll tell you why:

[b]UAB will beat you for a 4th straight time. I wonder what kind of excuses you will make. Hopefully Withers won't be in jail for another DUI so he can come get his a$$ handed to him.

I hear Demon is now teaching “how to properly hold a gun while communicating threats to young girls: 101”. You must be proud.[/b]

That’s why. This thread doesn’t go in this direction be it not for a pot-stirring troll who goes by UABHecklerIsBack. If he wants to come here (are we their only opponent? Where are the Memphis fans) and have a civilized discussion of the matchup, he’d get it. Instead of being Powerbait, he’s Flamebait. Plain and simple.

Powerbait is right. You guys would be wise to follow his lead and keep your mouth shut until you at least beat us again.

It’s the same thing with Memphis fans trashing UAB’s football program after we’ve beat them 5 STRAIGHT TIMES.

UAB is going to be better than many think. We did lose a lot of talent, leadership, and experience but we were a deep team to begin with. The returning players will now have to step up and fill the roles that are open.

BTW, we have a shooter coming in that will probably be a better shooter than Finley. His release is not as quick but from what I hear, he’s VERY consistent. Mo just wasn’t the same after his shoulder injury (he came through in the tourney though).

Besides, what’s the UAB-Charlotte all-time series record? I think UAB has twice as many wins as UNCC.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Oct 21 2004, 07:10 PM [b] Powerbait is right. You guys would be wise to follow his lead [/b]
That in and of itself shows why you must be made fun of at all costs.

You will lose.

MKNiner,
I’ve heard you say “you will lose” over and over and you haven’t delivered. At what point will your team actually back up your words so you don’t have to eat crow?

Go ahead and get your excuses for why you lost to UAB ready. I’ll be expecting to hear some good ones from you.

Given your twisted obsession with me and this board I wouldn’t be surprised if you keep a picture of them on your wall to look at.

BTW, what does a dental school drop out do in alabama to make a living. Is goat whore as profitable down there as I’ve read?