CAA Take on Us?

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/06/hot-talk-about-charlotte-unc-charlotte.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LehighFootballNation+%28Lehigh+Football+Nation%29&utm_content=Twitter

Lehigh is Patriot League

Here’s 85 pages of what the CAA thinks of us. Enjoy:

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?t=87797

Cliff notes version?

All sports yes, football no.

THAT is how you summarize. ty

Thats still too much - can someone summarize what FBN is saying for me?

Thats still too much - can someone summarize what FBN is saying for me?[/quote]

Football only? No

I haven’t been to the CAA board much. Found some interesting threads like this one:
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?t=107999

• Sorry for threadjack

Take this for what its worth:

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?p=1538212#post1538212

I don’t necessarily mind the CAA, but we aren’t starting football for CAA.

We could just as easily be in the CAA without football.

We aren’t doubling our athletic department to attain a goal that we could achieve at any point in our history or currently.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:25470”]Take this for what its worth:

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?p=1538212#post1538212[/quote]

It seems the haters club is now in session!

ohhhh! hate! hate! hate! hate! hate! hate! hate!

Feels good to be hated, it’s been way too long.

For real. It feels good. For the record I wouldn’t be upset at all with an all sports move to the CAA. Kick ass for a few years then get out of peewee league and play big boy ball. 8)

I don’t think that we would come in and dominate in the CAA. We do not have to dominate FCS to be picked up to a FBS league.

[quote=“2k, post:15, topic:25470”]I don’t think that we would come in and dominate in the CAA. We do not have to dominate FCS to be picked up to a FBS league.
[/quote]

Ohh look… pot kettle black from CAA fans. And from lurkers too chickenshit to come here and actually debate us. Quelle Surprise!

The CAA is an inferior basketball conference. I do not want to join the same conference all-sports as UNCW. Doing so would be an absurd move for our administration and program, and it has nothing to do with the upper tier schools in that league.

And we DO NOT have to join a FB conference, and we certainly don’t have to do it right now. That’s the most absurd contention I’ve yet read. We already have 2 fulls years of a schedule that carries us 4 years into the future, and a healthy start on the following years. Let’s see how things play out. A few jilted conference fans can take cheap shots at us all they want because our basketball program has stumbled the past few years (but is now back on track, I firmly believe), but the reality is that our potential is enormous (and by enormous, I do mean BCS membership). It will take some extremely careful, considered and political meanuevering by our administration, to a level they’ve not yet done, and a significant financial commitment by our alumni base, fans, and the corporate sector, but there is absolutely no reason it cannot happen if managed correctly. You don’t give up on it just because it’s hard and not a sure thing. You don’t hire a BCS coaching staff and plan for rapid stadium expansion if you don’t intend to aim for the top. Dare to be great.

I’m just ready for our team to be extremely dominant and hated by everyone in the FCS. 8)

We should temper our expectations though. I’m predicting 1-2 disappointing losses in year one, but we should be undefeated every season from then out until we’re BCS.

[quote=“J Felt, post:18, topic:25470”]I’m just ready for our team to be extremely dominant and hated by everyone in the FCS. 8)

We should temper our expectations though. I’m predicting 1-2 disappointing losses in year one, but we should be undefeated every season from then out until we’re BCS.[/quote]

Those were my thoughts when we were making the move from CUSA to A-10 basketball.

The same people that are trying to dictate our football future to us, the same ones that are telling us we HAVE to have a conference and all the other bullshit are the SAME fans who 10 years ago said a footbal team was a pipe dream because, can’t fill basketball arena, communter school, Bonnie won’t allow it, etc.

We make our own destiny. I can acknowledge the challenges we face with any move and have atleast had tolerable discussions with a few other fans. Each choice we have offers the potential to help us and hurt us. We are not going to be pushed into anything. We are not going to do anything that harms other sports and I agree with NA - to be in the same conference as UNCW? WTF?

The only thing I am 100% certain of is we don’t know what all is being said, with the CAA, BigSouth and SoCon meetings, other conference and other internal meetings. So the CAA, the BigSouth and SoCon fans that think they know of f’n thing about Charlotte Football can kiss my ass. None of them thought we would be where we are and yet here we are.