Cable Car Classic

We are to play Yale in the second game on Dec. 28. Santa Clara and Central Conneticut State play the first game.

Then it looks like it will be Charlotte vs (Santa Clara/Central Conneticut) on Dec 29th…
Link to Cable Car Classic Schedule
Should be an easy tournament win for us…too bad the competition sucks.

I have been planning on moving to the LA area just before New Years. Maybe I can swing up that way on my way there and watch the tourny. It would be nice to have some Niner representation on the west coast…although i’ll probably be the only one other than the team and coaches. I cant’ wait for the return trip to LBSU, I’ll be sure to dress out in my niner nation gear-though I better get Charlotte put on there. :clap:

Looks like it’ll be Late Night w/ Sweriad for those 2 games.

What’s the story with tv coverage? Any chance these games are on Fox Sports if nothing else?

Hmmmmm.

Lets look at last season.

Yale 11-15, #214 in RPI, #23 conference rating
Cent Conn 14-14, #207 in RPI, #26 conference rating
Santa Clara 15-16, #138 in RPI, #12 conference rating

These numbers can only mean one thing. Someone better start printing the shirts right now.

Charlotte 49ers - 2004 Cable Car Classic Champions

Why the hell would we enter a tournament like this?

[i]Originally posted by niner007[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:28 PM [b] Should be an easy tournament win for us...too bad the competition sucks.

[/b]

ditto

At the risk of sounding like a griper, I have to wonder why we’re in this tournament. Is this the best offer for a holiday tourney we can get? :frowning:

[b]What's the story with tv coverage? Any chance these games are on Fox Sports if nothing else?[/b]

Ummm…I’m guessing No.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jul 8 2004, 02:51 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jul 8 2004, 02:51 PM)
[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 02:43 PM [b] Hmmmmm.

Lets look at last season.

Yale 11-15, #214 in RPI, #23 conference rating
Cent Conn 14-14, #207 in RPI, #26 conference rating
Santa Clara 15-16, #138 in RPI, #12 conference rating

These numbers can only mean one thing. Someone better start printing the shirts right now.

Charlotte 49ers - 2004 Cable Car Classic Champions [/b]

What a disgrace.

[b]These numbers can only mean one thing. Someone better start printing the shirts right now.

Charlotte 49ers - 2004 Cable Car Classic Champions[/b]

While your at it, print out the shirts that proclaims us as a nine seed again. The scheduling is unbelievable. The only thing worse is that we will probably find a way to lose one of them.

I know its hard for us to get good teams to play us but I wonder why don’t atleast try for the Pre-season NIT or Maui tournament.

Blah…at least these teams are scheduled in a tournament setting, I’d be really really stumped if these were two separately scheduled games. But as it is, I’ll take two easy W’s and the enormous sense of pride that comes with being able to say we are the 2004 Cable Car Classic Champions…

[b]I do know that Wake pulled out of the Great Alaska Shootout this week to play in the Pre-Season NIT, and they got High Point to replace them.[/b]

I read that as well. I don’t know why we didn’t rush for that chance. If anything else we are on National tv for a few nights.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 07:20 PM [b] But as it is, I'll take two easy W's and the enormous sense of pride that comes with being able to say we are the 2004 Cable Car Classic Champions....... [/b]
I'll take the two W's as well but not so sure about the "enormous sense of pride" thing. Can't beat my chest too much if we beat Yale and Cent Conn St. to become the Cable Car champs. :huh:

Would be nice to at least have Princeton in there if we have to play an Ivy league school.

We’re new to this cupcake scheduling thing. Something the big boys have been doing for years. I’ll take the 2 early season wins. A road trip to California or somewhere tropical is always a good recruiting pitch. It would help even more if it was one of the Hawaii tournaments.

I look forward to seeing Martin Iti play against Dominick Martin of Yale. I used to watch him whip scrubs back when I worked at the Y in Asheville. I think it will be a good match-up.

we played in tourny in calif in the past. we won but everyone thought the thing was home cooked and said we would never go back. is this the same one?

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 07:43 AM [b]A road trip to California or somewhere tropical is always a good recruiting pitch. [/b]
This is the only added value that I see the school gaining from this activity.