Calling out HappyCamper49

Alright Mr. Student Body President, you sit on the BoT with these so-called “Trustees” so you know them better then anyone else here.

3 simple questions:

1. What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for football?

2. Does former Trustee Mac Everett still have a lot of influence with the board?

3. What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for a name change?

The Nation wants to know:huh:

1. What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for football?

As it stands right now, 3 or so are uninformed on the benefits of a football program because of their non-association with college athletics. That will likely change when we discuss it in March. All but those 3 are basically gung ho.

1. Does former Trustee Mac Everett still have a lot of influence with the board?

Yes. I wish I could go into more detail here, but I don’t want to undermine anything that could get us football.

1. What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for a name change?

Definitely anti-name change. Right now our best option is to push to remove restrictions on the branding study so that these firms can brand us as University of Charlotte. The trustees will be discussing the branding study at length during the next meeting. Any total name change will have to come about after we see the success that would obviously come from branding ourselves as U of C.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;290842]1) What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for football?

As it stands right now, 3 or so are uninformed on the benefits of a football program because of their non-association with college athletics. That will likely change when we discuss it in March. All but those 3 are basically gung ho.

1. Does former Trustee Mac Everett still have a lot of influence with the board?

Yes. I wish I could go into more detail here, but I don’t want to undermine anything that could get us football.

1. What’s your opinion of the temperature of the board in relation to voting yes for a name change?

Definitely anti-name change. Right now our best option is to push to remove restrictions on the branding study so that these firms can brand us as University of Charlotte. The trustees will be discussing the branding study at length during the next meeting. Any total name change will have to come about after we see the success that would obviously come from branding ourselves as U of C.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou, thankyou!

I can only assume you have heard only these three discuss it? What is your Gut feeling about the others and do you think anyone will be opposed to it no matter what, gut feeling wise?

Happy for president!

…oh wait

Thankyou, thankyou!

I can only assume you have heard only these three discuss it? What is your Gut feeling about the others and do you think anyone will be opposed to it no matter what, gut feeling wise?

I think everyone else is about as gung-ho about it as possible. But it all depends on how the chancellor presents the issue. I have seen Dubois warm up to football significantly in the past few weeks so that is encouraging. The trustees want football but they also don’t want to make a bad decision for the institution so they will want to know as much as possible before they make the final call. They have verbally criticized a wait-and-see approach to the situation. They want a decision ASAP. (Which is also encouraging).

The real sticking point right now is the 6.5% cap on fee and tuition hikes imposed by Erskine. At our current rate we can only raise fees $80 or so a year. A football fee well exceeds that. We have to fund the student union operation using student fees starting this year because Erskine dosen’t want to grant an exception to UNC Charlotte to raise fees more than the cap. This is concerning Dubois about starting a football fee. However, one of the strongest points for him is the student poll held last year.

Letters and calls to Erskine’s office could help this situation along. There have been a lot of small battles to fight regarding football this year that no one will ever see. I think that when the 49ers win the Orange Bowl in 2020 I’ll write a book about how this message board started it all.

Erskine Bowles : Down with Charlotte

Bill Wittaker, president of the Alumni Association, 49erAlumnus, Over40 and myself spoke to Dr. Phil at the tailgating event yesterday. He was warm to to idea of football, and spoke of enjoying football Saturdays. He did, however, make a forceful comment that he had to see proof that a college football program would be supported [B]financially[/B] by the Charlotte community. It’s gonna have to be more than what those of us and our friends say they’ll do. I think his comments were sincere, he’s open but not convinced yet.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s twofold, the University has to market itself to the community and its alumni. And we have to support the University. 75,000+ alumni and less than 4,000 contributed (any amount) to UNC Charlotte last year. That is pitiful and both sides must share the blame. If you want it, you’re going to have to give. [B][COLOR=Green]Prove that there is support of UNC Charlotte across the board!!![/COLOR][/B]

Bill Wittaker, president of the Alumni Association, 49erAlumnus, Over40 and myself spoke to Dr. Phil at the tailgating event yesterday. He was warm to to idea of football, and spoke of enjoying football Saturdays. He did, however, make a forceful comment that he had to see proof that a college football program would be supported [B]financially[/B] by the Charlotte community. It's gonna have to be more than what those of us and our friends say they'll do. I think his comments were sincere, he's open but not convinced yet.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s twofold, the University has to market itself to the community and its alumni. And we have to support the University. 75,000+ alumni and less than 4,000 contributed (any amount) to UNC Charlotte last year. That is pitiful and both sides must share the blame. If you want it, you’re going to have to give. [COLOR=green]Prove that there is support of UNC Charlotte across the board!!![/COLOR]

HP, I’m sure you know this, but you’re “preachin’ to the choir” on this board (for the most part, anyway).

I do know that, and it’s worth repeating. This is not a done deal by any means.

[B][SIZE=7]S U P P O R T[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=HP49er;291420]I do know that, and it’s worth repeating. This is not a done deal by any means.

[B][SIZE=7]S U P P O R T[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

I like what El Presidente had to say though, we need to let Foreskin Bowles know that the students want their fees increased for this. I think now more then ever that we are destined to play football soon!