Can someone explain

I was out of town and had to miss the Valpo game. I’ve read most of the posts and it sounds like we did not play very well…again. It sounds like DA had a great game and Curt did not.

Can someone quickly give a quick game synopsis? How did they beat us? What did we do well and what did we not do well?

yes.

It sounds like DA had a great game and Curt did not.

Understatement.

Can someone quickly give a quick game synopsis? How did they beat us?

They actually tried to win.

What did we do well

Not much, outside of DA, Nance & Lee (who Lutz pulled for being aggressive??)

Show up.

and FT’s down the stretch as usual, they hit them all and we missed half of ours

We let another bad team shoot 50% for the game and another nobody had a career night. Enough said.

That’s an understatement after reading this:

Seth Colclasure had just [b]14 points on 22 percent shooting in Valparaiso's first five games[/b], so he spent the last several days taking extra shots before and after practice, nearly 1,000 shots total.

It paid off tremendously on Saturday night.

Behind a career-high 24 points from Colclasure, Valpo got an 80-77 road win over resilient host Charlotte.

NWITimes.com: Crusaders survive Charlotte’s web

Maybe that was the first time he was left so wide open.
I hate the “fly at the shooter” concept Lutz has of defending the perimeter.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;143969]Maybe that was the first time he was left so wide open.
I hate the “fly at the shooter” concept Lutz has of defending the perimeter.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely, giving a good shooter time to spot up is pointless. A hand constantly in the face or a body always in the way is the only way to insure a disrupted shot. a good shooter will be unphased by somone flying at them, their motion has been undisrupted and they may be looking for a foul.