Can someone please tell me

Can someone give a brief summary of what happened in the Marquette game & how we looked? I was flying the friendly skies or running through airports all day today & the only thing I know is that we won. Who played well? Who played bad? etc…

we played very well. we won. Everyone showed up except Iti.

Iti showed up more than Drayton

Eddie played like a freakin superhero.

Withers rebounded like a madman.

Plav’s three was falling.

Mitch played tons of minutes and did a great job of running the offense.

Iti had a dunk blocked by the rim, which summed up his whole game.

Drayton didnt show up.

Lee was solid, had a three and two free throws.

Nance only played 6 friggin minutes.

Eddie quietly earned player of the game.

Curtis looked asleep most of the game but managed to get another double-double.

Iti looked terrible and after a goaltending call might have actually cost us more points than he scored at the time. He came around towards the end of the game with a block some offensive rebounds and a basket.

Plav was Plav. Made a decent percentage of 3s and missed his free throws.

The team missed free throws all game.

Mitch played well and made a difference between this game and Cincy.

The game had a good flow to it. The refs let them play and it didn’t get too physical. Marquette barely made it to the line all game.

Listening to Matt, it was hard to tell, but it sounded like there were a few bad calls on phantom time outs and a double boner on a missed free throw that was caught by Withers and stolen by Diener for an easy basket. It sounded like there was confusion as to whether it was a 1 and 1 or 2 shot foul. When he missed, nobody moved except Diener. The refs counted the basket anyway.

It could have been a blowout if we hit our FT.

meinshaft, how can you say “curtis looked asleep” if you didnt even watch the game. im assuming you listened to it on the radio judging by your comments. curtis played with more more energy than he has had all year

[b]Curtis looked asleep most of the game but managed to get another double-double.[/b]

17 points an 14 rebounds. Get a clue.

and the worst part is, meinshaft is saying this without even having watched the game! “curtis looked asleep” Man thats some radio you got there. :rolleyes:

Curtis played his ass off today

[/QUOTE]

[b]It could have been a blowout if we hit our FT.[/b]

Marquette was 5- 25 on 3 point field goals and most of them were uncontested.

Novak and Diener went a combined 3-13 and every one of them was a good shot.

Marquette was just as bad from the FT lne.

This is a great win but by no means should it have been a “blowout”.

Martin Iti is aweful. Period.

Niners, thanks for all the info.

About Iti… Think of how good we will be if Iti ever steps his game up the same way Butter did.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 02:15 AM [b] Niners, thanks for all the info.

About Iti… Think of how good we will be if Iti ever steps his game up the same way Butter did. [/b]

When exactly did Butter “step up” his game??

I onlyh got 1/2way through the posts, and I realized it was time for the truth.

Iti had the game of his life=mediocre. He had some O rebounds and dunks. Only 3 fouls and 2 turnovers. Many of the O rebounds were at key times, but he missed alot of FTs.

Withers finally looked like Withers. His 5-10 ft. jumpshot wasmissing but he rebounded and fought like Jarvis Lang. It’s good to have you back, big stud.

Basden was Basden. UNCCMVP! He’s my second favorite Niner all time. 1st fave, is the man in my avatar.

Plavich, as Lutz said to Suarad on WFNZ, is maybe the best 3 point shooter on the road in the entire nation.

Mitchell, had lousy numbers. However, he’s the pulse of this team. They are so much better with him in. Deiner only had 15 points, but looked gravy when Golwire was guarding him.

Bench: Goldwire couldn’t guard TDiener, but still showed promise. Drayton and Nance were invisibel. Sager had 47 friends & family in attendance, but did not play. Too bad, good kid. Nobody else played.

The team as a whole showed tons of heart. 2, 3, and 13 showed lots of elbow grease inside. Marquette was getting away with murder. The only better showing all year was the 2nd half @ Davidson. B)

Of course Nance was invisible, he only played 6 minutes.

Basden did not have a quiet game, he was show stopping almost all night. When he faked and dropped back for the three, my jaw was on the floor. One of his passes was easily Top 3 this year. He was balling all day and there was nothing quiet about it.

Curt was coming at Marquette so hard, they must have thought he was a hurricane. He was attacking the glass and getting to the basket. He looked in top form.

Plavich is finally getting the little things done. He’s gotten so much better at them this year. He’ll never be a great defender, or even a great basketball player, but he’s becoming a great roleplayer who can fill it up for us. He’s taking good shots, making the extra pass and helping disrupt on defense. He’s had some games where he looked like Brendan last year, but overall, he’s doing exactly what I wanted all along. Still makes my heartrace when he looks to shoot with a guy smothering him.

I totally agree about Eddie and Curt. I do think that Plavich has been a very ggod defender all year. His stats don’t show hit, but he’s constantly knocking balls away, keeping loose balls alive, grabbing rebounds, and putting pressure on the ball. No he’s not ever going to be a great defender, but he’s much improved from last year.

Over 40, do you live in Charlotte? They are re-running it on CSET today.

Does anyone else think Curt needs an eye exam? He played his best game of the year yesterday, but over the past few games I’ve noticed that his shot is consistently coming up short. Wide open runner in the lane yesterday and he put up an air ball.

Get some contacts on that kid!

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 02:20 AM [b] meinshaft, how can you say "curtis looked asleep" if you didnt even watch the game. im assuming you listened to it on the radio judging by your comments. curtis played with more more energy than he has had all year [/b]
It was late. I chose my words poorly. From Matt's description it "sounded" like he was asleep early in the game. As a matter of fact, everybody in the chat room was saying something to that effect at one point in the game ("..sounds like he's asleep...", "...adjust his narcolepsy medication...", etc.), hence the comment.
[i]Originally posted by allie49er[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:25 AM [b] Over 40, do you live in Charlotte? They are re-running it on CSET today. [/b]
Thanks allie. Yes, I live in the Charlotte area but I have Verizon. Maybe we can get Picasso's to start showing the Niner reruns.

B)

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jan 23 2005, 02:25 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jan 23 2005, 02:25 AM)
[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 10:28 AM [b] Does anyone else think Curt needs an eye exam? He played his best game of the year yesterday, but over the past few games I've noticed that his shot is consistently coming up short. Wide open runner in the lane yesterday and he put up an air ball.

Get some contacts on that kid! [/b]

I seem to remember Withers banking a few in lately. I do not think all of his shots are coming up short.

Glad to see him play with some aggression. His shot is slightly off, but he looked much better Saturday.

Plav is playing an overall better game. Drawing defenders, passing and he got some critical rebounds Saturday.

I am not going to bash Iti. I think he is giving a good effort. I hope he starts to play a little smarter. When he goes for a block he gets out of position for the rebound. I do think that he makes other players adjust their shots. I just wish that he could block out.