Can this group of Niners be 'Perfect'?

As Biily Bob says, can you be ‘perfect’? Can this group of Niners pull together as a team and be perfect the rest of the season? They were a long way from perfect today.

No way we win at Louisville, but we could finish 22-5 going 8-1 down the stretch.

[b]No way we win at Louisville, but we could finish 22-5 going 8-1 down the stretch
[b]As Biily Bob says, can you be 'perfect'?[/b]
[/b]

We are very far from perfect and I don’t think we’ll see too much improvement for the remainder of the season. This team needs a playmaker and a leader. We could easily lose to UL by 20 or more! At this point, I think 19-8 is a more likely scenario.

I said we’d be 21-6 or 20-7 when the season started…didn’t think we’d take this route but none-the-less we’re on track. I think we’ll finish 6-3 at this point which is disapointing after winning 9 straight. I don’t like limping into tournament play. I think we beat Cincy next Sat, beat Houston lose to St louis, beat Depaul & Tulane, lose to Memphis, beat Southern Miss, lose to Louisville and beat South Florida. We finish 11-5, get the fourth seed in the tourney, hopefuly beat the 5th seed and somehow win the semifinal game. If it happens we are a 7 seed.

[i]Originally posted by UpState49er[/i]@Jan 29 2005, 11:04 PM [b]
[b]No way we win at Louisville, but we could finish 22-5 going 8-1 down the stretch
[b]As Biily Bob says, can you be 'perfect'?[/b]
[/b]

We are very far from perfect and I don’t think we’ll see too much improvement for the remainder of the season. This team needs a playmaker and a leader. We could easily lose to UL by 20 or more! At this point, I think 19-8 is a more likely scenario. [/b]

19-8?? 5-4 the rest of the way?? How much money do you have?? With fans like you who needs enemies?

[i]Originally posted by EJNiner[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:08 AM [b] 19-8?? 5-4 the rest of the way?? How much money do you have?? With fans like you who needs enemies? [/b]
Would you have taken the -14 on the TCU game? I didn't.
[i]Originally posted by EJNiner+Jan 30 2005, 12:08 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (EJNiner @ Jan 30 2005, 12:08 AM)
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jan 30 2005, 11:13 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jan 30 2005, 11:13 AM)
Originally posted by EJNiner@Jan 30 2005, 12:08 AM [b]

i will tell ya what if we play like we are capable of and dont come out lame and sleepy… the only teams that should give us any trouble is CINCI and Lousville… the other teams should be cake all we have to do is show up and play… (by show up i mean come to the game to win)

[font=Courier][SIZE=4]GO NINERS[/font][/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Jan 29 2005, 09:40 PM [b] Can this group of Niners pull together as a team and be perfect the rest of the season? [/b]
Expectations for the rest of the season are wwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiide open

On any given game day:

we may see the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6

OR

we may see the Clampett’s truck, trying to run on the Bodine Gasoline Pill.

We will be dogs only vs. Cincy and at Louisville… small favorites vs. Memphus, Depaul, St. Louis and 7point favorites in the rest. You know we will lose one of the three small favorites and probably the two gainst cincy and Louisville. That leaves us at 7 losses and probably in the dance as a 8-9 seed. If we can finish up with 6 losses and get to the finals of the tourney that probably gets us to a 6 seed. If we have 8 losses we are on the bubble. The loss yesterday takes away our breathing room. Hang on boys and lets see where this takes us.

why doesnt anybody think we can beat cincinati and louisville? we did it last year we can do it this year.

[i]Originally posted by EJNiner @ Jan 30[/i]@ 2005, 11:30 AM [b]nothing wrong with having an opinion on someone else's opinion[/b]
Exactly.

Who knows, maybe this ECU loss will be the catalyst we need to finish 9-0!

[b] why doesnt anybody think we can beat cincinati and louisville? we did it last year we can do it this year.[/b]

There’s a big difference between thinking we can, and believing we will.
I’m sure most people on here think we can win every remaining game, but have seen enough of this team to know there’s still some nauseating performances out there to be had.

[i]Originally posted by UpState49er+Jan 30 2005, 12:47 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UpState49er @ Jan 30 2005, 12:47 PM)

I wouldn’t poo-pooh Depaul and Memphis…They are both very athletic(the type of teams that really give us fits)…and,Depaul,for sure,will be fighting for an ncaa bid as well.

DePaul & Memphis will both be tough.

ANYTHING is possible with this team, the rest of the way.

I have no more expectations. Just going to TRY and take the last 9 games for whatever they are. At the start of the season, I had (IMO) every reason to think this would be Lutz’ best team at Charlotte. It may still be, but getting hit between the legs with a ballpene hammer (a.k.a. - losing to ECU) has greatly lowered my expectations.

Except for Illinois, Kansas, UNC & WFU, I think this team is capable of beating or losing to any team they will face the rest of the season.