Can we get the facts straight about the Lee elbow?

I need to get the facts straight.

Hall (who is a 6’8 230 lb forward) was GRABBING AN PULLING Lee’s jersey, correct? This is a technical! Lee (who is 5’11 190) then responded with an elbow. Hall then retaliated by hitting Lee. Lee retaliated.

How was this not a double technical?? And are the refs blind to not see what was unfolding??

I’m not condoning what Lee did. Certainly, you have to be smarter than that in such a situation. But you don’t review a play for several minutes and completely IGNORE the first half of the skirmish.

MY POINT!

agreed.

Whats even weirder is that the personal foul was called on Hall, but DA shot the free throws???

Explain that one, A10 refs, lol.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;158819].

How was this not a double technical?? [/QUOTE]

My guess would be:

Because it is the A-10.

I agree, double techs or no techs at all. I have never seen a game where a ref let a tech determine the outcome of a game.

This has been a tough year for us all.

The foul was called originally on someone other than Hall. The incident between Lee and Hall was going on near the end of that play but none of the refs did anything until after the foul on DA. Refs screwed up.

I stand behind Lee and the team 100%.
Where would we be this year without Lee in some of our games. He single handidly won the davidson game in overtime.

I dont condone what he did, but i do know in a heated game emotions run high and things happen. You dont have time to think about things.

A pile of sh**.
Did you see GW rush the court? They knew they really lost.

I think they were celebrating their mid 200s SOS and mid low 300s Out of Conference SOS. Does our SOS go down drastically because of this game?

The A-10 Refs are dumbasses once again, that sums up this game.

DA was fouled. Play was technically dead. Hall grabbed Leemire and Leemire retaliated. Lutz’s complaint in post game was that they DID NOT CALL THE TECHNICAL FOUL ON LEEMIRE until they looked at the tape. I’m assuming that the officials cannot call a Technical foul based on reviewing a replay…based on Lutz’s frustration.

So there were two fouls on GW and a tech on Leemire, yet only one foul was assessed. What is the right ruling on a dead ball since Alexander had already been fouled?

[URL=http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2005/2005_basketball_rules.pdf]http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2005/2005_basketball_rules.pdf[/URL]

From what I read, If two fouls were called then there was no way we shouldn’t have got four free throws, because we were in bonus. Can someone clarify?

And the replay monitor is “Permitted for Specific Situations” that was a little vague, what are those Specific situations?

EDIT- seems like they have a newer 2006 edition. I don’t know what new rules there are in that one or where you can find it.

Maybe it should of been, if dead ball T’s:

Double technical
they shoot 2
we shoot 2

Then DA goes to the line for 2 on the foul

Or is it:

DA shoots his 2 for foul
they shoot there 2 T’s
we shoot are 2 T’s
Possession goes with possession arrow ??

If the gw guy was pulling lee down by his collar to stop the clock and that is how it started then that is an intentional. So the question is what were they reviewing in the replay ???

[QUOTE=amnesiac;158853]Maybe it should of been, if dead ball T’s:

Double technical
they shoot 2
we shoot 2

Then DA goes to the line for 2 on the foul

Or is it:

DA shoots his 2 for foul
they shoot there 2 T’s
we shoot are 2 T’s
Possession goes with possession arrow ??

If the gw guy was pulling lee down by his collar to stop the clock and that is how it started then that is an intentional. So the question is what were they reviewing in the replay ???[/QUOTE]

Exactly, these refs were confused and I hope they get suspended.

My guess would be:

Because it is the A-10…

Home court probably didn’t help either. Regardless, the officiating in some of these games just has been all out TERRIBLE. I hate blaming refs but c’mon, seriously, it was hard enough to play the #6 ranked team at home.

Why did the refs even bother to wear the striped shirts. At times, GW jerseys would have been more honest.

the refs actually called the first half fairly well…reminded me of the 49ers/temple game earlier this year. the second half it just seemed like they had a change of heart, both teams hit the double bonus all of a sudden, travels were missed, etc. obviously reviewing a play to call a technical [SIZE=4][B]TO DECIDE THE GAME[/B] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]was a little off.[/SIZE]

here’s the quote from CBS sportsline…

Lead official Fran Connolly told a pool reporter that he called the technical on Goldwire for “dead ball contact” before viewing the replay. He said he wanted to see the replay “to make sure there wasn’t a punch thrown.”

“We should go to the monitor to make sure there’s not a combative action that someone should be thrown out for,” Connolly said

So they were only looking at the replay to decide whether or not Lee should be thrown out of the game…what a bunch of bull$hit! How could any objective person review that play and not realize they made a grave error?? you yank anyone anywhere on the court by the jersey and it’s a technical.

He clearly did not call that tech before the review. Liar.

someone should tell him calling a technical foul in your head and not telling anyone, waiting for the review and then making your call is not the samething as making a call before the review.

face it, we got screwed again by the refs and this time we(lutz/judy) have got to take a stand. If FSU can get duke refs suspended, surely this can have similar effect.

If some one is pulling your jersey from behind practically whiplashing you as you run your instinct is going to be exactly what Lee did. How the refs could review the tape for that long and not atleast call a double T is not baffling, its corruption. There’s no way they are that stupid and blind.

here's the quote from CBS sportsline....

Lead official Fran Connolly told a pool reporter that he called the technical on Goldwire for “dead ball contact” before viewing the replay. He said he wanted to see the replay “to make sure there wasn’t a punch thrown.”

“We should go to the monitor to make sure there’s not a combative action that someone should be thrown out for,” Connolly said

Haha, good cover guys. Those A10 referees, they may wear zebra stripes on the court but off the court they are all stand up comedians.

“What do you get when you pull a guy down to the court by the jersey?”

drumroll

“A victory!”