Can we still make the tourney????!!!

Seriously, I am doubtful, but what do you guys think? It looks as though we’ll have to only suffer 2-4 (at most) more losses this year and/or win the A-10 Tourney. I, like many, keep waiting to see this team finally hit on all cylinders.

To dance or not to dance???

Let’s all give up now. GEEZ.

can we? yes.

will we? . . . .

[QUOTE=jbpfeen;146362]Seriously, I am doubtful, but what do you guys think? It looks as though we’ll have to only suffer 2-4 (at most) more losses this year and/or win the A-10 Tourney. I, like many, keep waiting to see this team finally hit on all cylinders.

To dance or not to dance???[/QUOTE]

No.

2 chances…1- Slim and 2- None (and I don’t think Slim was even invited to the party)

• We already have too many BAD losses against AWFUL teams that will have DREADFUL RPI’s.

• After going 6-5 against an EASY non-conference sched. it’s a little ridiculous to expect us to all of a sudden go 16-2 or better.

• See above statement and substitue “win the A10 Tourney” for “go 16-2 or better.”

We may get better…but it is WAY to late to think of the Big Dance or even the NIT. Our ONLY chance is to win the A10 Tourney but c’mon…I have a more realistic chance to pick up Jessica Simpson on the rebound!!!

Is the glass half full or half empty my man?

[QUOTE]I have a more realistic chance to pick up Jessica Simpson on the rebound!!![/QUOTE]

We’re screwed.

I don’t think we have a chance at an at large bid to the NCAA Tourny…but I think that if this team ever does get it together that they could have a chance at the conference Tourny. We still do have a lot of talent on our team. Its just a matter of getting it all together. We could quite possibly lose many more games but I think theres a chance that it may come together toward the end. If I remember right I believe the tarhole team that one the national championship last year had a really bad season a couple of years before that.
I just think its a matter of if and how long it takes. The talent is there…

If we don’t win the conf tourney we need to go through league play with 2-3 losses tops. We also need to win at Wake

YES, but we can’t really loose many more games. If we can run through the A-10 with two or three loses we can still make the tournament. We have to win at Wake, beat a ranked George Washington at least once, and need a great showing in the A-10 tournament. If we finish the season very strong the committee will recognize that over early season woes.

[QUOTE=niner007;146380]If I remember right I believe the tarhole team that one the national championship last year had a really bad season a couple of years before that.[/QUOTE]

This is the 4th or 5th time I’ve seen this reference and it makes me laugh every time.

Stop comparing our team to that UNC team. If I remember correctly, the team that won the Nat’l Championship had 4…count them…4…FOUR…F-O-U-R… Future 1st Round NBA Draft Picks. The UNC team had a bad year then turned it around because they had 6-7 McD AA’s and 4 First Round NBA Draft Picks.

How is that anywhere remotely near a comparable situation to ours?

Yes…we suck…AND we don’t have 4 future first round draft picks to save our ass. NO COMPARISON. Stop it.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;146390]
Yes…we suck…AND we don’t have 4 future first round draft picks to save our ass. NO COMPARISON. Stop it.[/QUOTE]

Love the attitude…perhaps you take it somewhere else.

It is one thing to be pessimistic; it is another to be an @ss.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;146391]Love the attitude…perhaps you take it somewhere else.

It is one thing to be pessimistic; it is another to be an @ss.[/QUOTE]

How is telling the truth a bad attitude?
How does telling the truth make me an ass?
How does telling the truth make me a pessimist? (a realist maybe)

1. We suck= TRUTH (6-5 record with a SOS of 125)
  2. We don’t have 4 Future 1st round draft picks= TRUTH
  3. It is ridiculous to compare our situation to that of UNC’c Championship team (refer to item #2)= TRUTH

Am I an ass with a bad attitude or can some people here just not stomach the truth? If you can’t take the truth…tell me…I’ll start lying to everybody to make them feel better.

If we have a big time run in conference season, we can get a 10th seed at large bid.

2 wins v GW
1 win v Xavier
and a win at Wake

are huge resume points larger than any recent niner teams, enough to overshadow our major pitfalls

and what niner team in the past hasn’t had their share of horrible resume points… a la last year

Loss at home to Rutgers
Loss on the road at ECU
Loss on the road at USF
Loss to Memphis in the first round of the conf tourney
Blowout loss to Cinci

[QUOTE=KTown49er;146396]How is telling the truth a bad attitude?
How does telling the truth make me an ass?
How does telling the truth make me a pessimist? (a realist maybe)

1. We suck= TRUTH (6-5 record with a SOS of 125)
  2. We don’t have 4 Future 1st round draft picks= TRUTH
  3. It is ridiculous to compare our situation to that of UNC’c Championship team (refer to item #2)= TRUTH

Am I an ass with a bad attitude or can some people here just not stomach the truth? If you can’t take the truth…tell me…I’ll start lying to everybody to make them feel better.[/QUOTE]

clt asks who the hell is unc?

once again, there is no unc.

If we run the table and then lose in the conference championship game, we are definitely in. That will give us a 26-6 record and will include wins over Wake and a ranked GW squad.

I’m not saying that’s going to happen. I’m just saying YES, we can still receive an at-large bid.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;146391]Love the attitude…perhaps you take it somewhere else.

It is one thing to be pessimistic; it is another to be an @ss.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on this one… K-Town is an ass…

I believe one of those first round draft picks was dropped from the USA team and one of our players went on to play for the u21 team. In fact I believe that his scoring average for the tournament was second on the team…about 1 less point than another one of those first round draft picks.
Why make that point…Because there is talent on our team Maybe not 4 first rounders…but at least 1.

Also, do you not think that maybe the tarheel name sold some of those guys a first round pick? I dont’ think it had everything to do with it…but certainly a big factor. I think the Bobcats had a lot to do with it too…

Point was …get it through your head idiot… There is talent…There is potential…question is, If and when we get it together…

[QUOTE=niner007;146402]
…There is talent…There is potential…question is, If and when we get it together…[/QUOTE]

That says it all.

We have the capability. The question is will it happen?

[QUOTE=niner007;146402]Point was …get it through your head idiot… There is talent…There is potential…question is, If and when we get it together…[/QUOTE]

You are comparing OUR team talent and potential to the talent on the UNC-Chapel Hill (for clt) Nat’l Championship team (yes that includes 4 first round NBA picks) and their accomplishments…and I’m the idiot?

Oh yeah…and an ass.

OK…I’ll stop it.

YES we have a GREAT chance to turn it around and make the NCAA Tourney. Right after we have dinner with Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny!!

If we make the NCAA Tourney this year…Bobby should be given a life-time contract, named NCAA Coach of the Year…and I will kiss the ass (not on the left side…not on the right side…but right in the middle) of every player and coach on the team during halftime of the last home game of the year!!!

Also, do you not think that maybe the tarheel name sold some of those guys a first round pick? I dont' think it had everything to do with it...but certainly a big factor. I think the Bobcats had a lot to do with it too...

I don’t think so. The fact that they played for the Tarheels got them more attention from scouts, but scouts ultimately look at talent, not the team. If you are a mediocre pro prospect but you play for the Tarheels, you will get looked at more often than a mediocre pro prospect from say Butler, but I don’t think playing for the Tarheels makes someone a first round pick, or is “a big factor”.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;146404]That says it all.

We have the capability. The question is will it happen?[/QUOTE]

Thank you…My point made…

I was thinking the other day… I remember when this board…well the old CUSA Talk board was filled with intellegent posters that were true niner fans. Somewhere along the way… mostly in the last 2 successful years we’ve picked up a lot of half ass fans…Seems most of them are showing there colors now. I never really get into it on this much…but damn it…i’m sick of some of you guys. Get over your pitty. Ya we had high expectations for our team this year. Thats not good reason to dogg our program. My point in the previous post is that we have talent, We have a good coach, and we have a good program. All teams experience the troubles that we are…as in the case of the tarheel example. It doesn’t really matter if we have national championship talent or how f’n many 1st round draft picks we may or may not have. The point is we have the talent to do much bettter than we are.