Cancel the next 5 years of the NBA?

D-Wade & Chris Bosh are both rumored to sign with Miami, & now also LeBron James?
With those 3 together, just cancel the next 5 seasons, & give the Heat 5 back-to-back trophies. What’s the point?

Can the Heat afford 3 max contracts?

I don’t know, but FL has no state income tax. I’d imagine OH isn’t cheap, & Canada is really bad. Plus there are probably more endorsement possibilities in the sun!

[quote=“VA49er, post:2, topic:23541”]Can the Heat afford 3 max contracts?[/quote]Yes, considering Toronto is willing to do a sign-and-trade.

If the Heat sign all 3, it will likely mean they will be getting payed less than max. While heat could sign 3 max free agents with a sign and trade, they would be able to pay no more than minimums for the rest of the roster. And I’m talking likely rookie minimums not 10year vet minimums.

While I think the team has potential to be great, if the team has no quality backups, and only minimum players, I don’t know how good they will be. If one of the “massive 3” get injured, the seasons over.

If they get some of the players to take less than max and can roll in a decent PG (raymond felton or luke r.), veteran SG (raja bell likely), and decent center (B. Hayward), they’ll be great.

The off season really sucks when you don’t have football to talk about. This thread would be more appealing if the Mikey Cats were getting these players.

LBJ to NYK

i’d like for it to be noted that i was one of the four on here who said he he would wind up in new york. the biggest market! i’d also like to mention that there is probably no one on here who cares less.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1, topic:23541”]D-Wade & Chris Bosh are both rumored to sign with Miami, & now also LeBron James?
With those 3 together, just cancel the next 5 seasons, & give the Heat 5 back-to-back trophies. What’s the point?[/quote]

clt endorses the end of espn. no more nba free agency talk.

more baseball and world cup highlights!

[quote=“cltniners, post:9, topic:23541”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:1, topic:23541”]D-Wade & Chris Bosh are both rumored to sign with Miami, & now also LeBron James?
With those 3 together, just cancel the next 5 seasons, & give the Heat 5 back-to-back trophies. What’s the point?[/quote]

clt endorses the end of espn. no more nba free agency talk.

more baseball and world cup highlights![/quote]

Soccer has highlights???

please cancel the nba period

Yeah just after the highest rated game in over a decade…

Yeah just after the highest rated game in over a decade…[/quote] The NBA actually LOST money in the last season there is data for, so something is rotten in the structure of the league. Just guessing that too many games mean very little and too many mediocre players make absurd salaries. Things may change after next season. Of course, there is always the possibility that the owners “cooked the books” and are not actually so bad off.

I don’t think anything made much of anything this year, NBA or not.

clt says it is clear that espn has decided to force the nba down our throat. just watch pti this week. 70% of the show is nba.

boo yah, off to watch the mlb network.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:14, topic:23541”]I don’t think anything made much of anything this year, NBA or not.[/quote] Right. There may be some connection between pro sports and the “real” economy in our minds, but I don’t think NBA players will see enough of a connection to begin asking for a little less money. They kind of don’t live in our world if you get my drift.

totally

The salary cap increased due to increased revenues.

Miami/Cleveland.

Was it even really that hard of a choice? Especially for 25 year old millionaire? Talking about the cities here, not loyalty, etc.

also, no income tax in Florida, nice incentive there.