Cancel the next 5 years of the NBA?

Does the income tax savings come close to the $30 million more that Cleveland could have signed him for? Miami is definitely a nicer place to live, but I don’t think the 6% tax savings equaled $30 million. LaBron is just afraid of the stigma of not having a Championship. I respect guys like Dan Marino and Tony Gwynn a lot more than I would a sellout who did not have the courage to stay and try to get it done where he started.

Does the income tax savings come close to the $30 million more that Cleveland could have signed him for? Miami is definitely a nicer place to live, but I don’t think the 6% tax savings equaled $30 million. LaBron is just afraid of the stigma of not having a Championship. I respect guys like Dan Marino and Tony Gwynn a lot more than I would a sellout who did not have the courage to stay and try to get it done where he started.[/quote]

I don’t see him being a sellout. I think “The Decision” was ridiculous, however, I did watch it. Nothing wrong with a guy taking a pay cut to win a ring. Most guys do it when their careers are dieing, not in the prime.

Does the income tax savings come close to the $30 million more that Cleveland could have signed him for? Miami is definitely a nicer place to live, but I don’t think the 6% tax savings equaled $30 million. LaBron is just afraid of the stigma of not having a Championship. I respect guys like Dan Marino and Tony Gwynn a lot more than I would a sellout who did not have the courage to stay and try to get it done where he started.[/quote]

I don’t see him being a sellout. I think “The Decision” was ridiculous, however, I did watch it. Nothing wrong with a guy taking a pay cut to win a ring. Most guys do it when their careers are dieing, not in the prime.[/quote]

Agreed. Besides, he makes a heck of a lot more money off the court, then on. A ring will significantly increase his brand.

The guy wants to win rings for his legacy but doesn’t want to have to take the last shot to win it plain and simple.

The decision to go to Miami doesn’t make him a sellout but not talking to the owner of the Cavs over the last 3 days and having them find out your decision in an hour long F*ck You makes him a sellout in my eyes. At least have the balls to let them know and if the news breaks prematurely it would have been no different they his dumb ass renting multiple hotel rooms in “souf beach”.

rant over

I’m taking my talents to Wal-Mart to get some dog food and maybe Wendy’s for lunch.

The Cavs ownership has done him no favors. Jamison really? If the Cavs were serious, they would have never gotten Mo Williams in the first place and would have signed a pg.

Nothing wrong with a guy taking a pay cut to win a ring. Most guys do it when their careers are dieing, not in the prime.[/quote]

Sellout is not the right word in this case since he will technically make less money. I meant that he’s turning his back on his hometown team because he is afraid. Sellout is used in that light sometimes, and really has nothing to do with money. I don’t care, prime or twilight of his career, if you’re one of the two best players in the league there is no need for you to jump ship for LESS money. If he wins now, his title will almost be as overrated as Phil Jackson’s.

Why didn’t LaBron offer to take less money in Cleveland so that they could sign another superstar? I’ve never heard him make that offer publicly. Taking much less money to go to Miami just looks petty.

What’s the under/over on how long into the season Pat Riley takes over for Spoelstra.

First 2-game losing streak?

Nothing wrong with a guy taking a pay cut to win a ring. Most guys do it when their careers are dieing, not in the prime.[/quote]

Sellout is not the right word in this case since he will technically make less money. I meant that he’s turning his back on his hometown team because he is afraid. Sellout is used in that light sometimes, and really has nothing to do with money. I don’t care, prime or twilight of his career, if you’re one of the two best players in the league there is no need for you to jump ship for LESS money. If he wins now, his title will almost be as overrated as Phil Jackson’s.

Why didn’t LaBron offer to take less money in Cleveland so that they could sign another superstar? I’ve never heard him make that offer publicly. Taking much less money to go to Miami just looks petty.[/quote]

You’re kidding right? LeBron has been begging management there to get him someone else to work with. They brought him Mo Williams, Ant Jamison and way past his prime Shaq. They didn’t step up and keep Carlos Boozer. They have pretty much expected LeBron to win a title by himself. They are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA.

Why didn’t LaBron offer to take less money in Cleveland so that they could sign another superstar? I’ve never heard him make that offer publicly. Taking much less money to go to Miami just looks petty.[/quote]

You’re kidding right? LeBron has been begging management there to get him someone else to work with. They brought him Mo Williams, Ant Jamison and way past his prime Shaq. They didn’t step up and keep Carlos Boozer. They have pretty much expected LeBron to win a title by himself. They are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA.[/quote]

You dont think they ran each one of those signing past LeBron prior to signing them? There is no way he didnt have a say in those guys

There were some pretty big stories about those signings and how much LeBron felt the front office was not helping them.

James lobbied very hard to get guys like Shaq and Jamison. He pushed for Antwan for 2 years

The Boozer thing was not the Cavs fault at all either. The general concensus in that deal was that Boozer fucked over John Paxon and went back on his word and bolted for Utah.

Boozer would’ve been a restricted free agent when the Cavs released him under the understanding he would resign with them for $6.5 mil/year. When the Jazz made the offer they did the Cavs couldn’t match it or they would’ve been over the salary cap. Why would they release him if they would only have to pay him less than $700,000 if they didn’t think they had a deal in place?

I agree with Mo Williams, Jamison, and to some extent Shaq but you are way off base on letting Boozer go.

James lobbied very hard to get guys like Shaq and Jamison. He pushed for Antwan for 2 years

The Boozer thing was not the Cavs fault at all either. The general concensus in that deal was that Boozer fucked over John Paxon and went back on his word and bolted for Utah.[/quote]

He lobbied for other players also, that they didn’t sign. He said he wanted a PG right out of the gates and they signed Mo Williams. I think LeBron got the low end of “what he wanted” and made the best of it.

Did LaBron ever offer to take a cut in pay to get another superstar in there? I heard about all of his displeasure and him lobbying to get other players, but I never heard him publicly offer to take a cut in pay to get better players. Cleveland got the best that they could get for the money that they had left. They could not get anything for draft picks because they were winning. Now he’s taking a pay cut in order to get to play with Bosh and Wade in Miami. Why wouldn’t he do that for his hometown team?

[quote=“Powerbait, post:25, topic:23541”]The Cavs ownership has done him no favors. Jamison really? If the Cavs were serious, they would have never gotten Mo Williams in the first place and would have signed a pg.[/quote] I watch the NBA only during the playoffs, but they really looked to me to be in serious need of a different and better coach. So, now that the horse has fled, the barn door will be closed.

I commented on that also, Mike Brown is an awful coach.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:29, topic:23541”]You’re kidding right? LeBron has been begging management there to get him someone else to work with. They brought him Mo Williams, Ant Jamison and way past his prime Shaq. They didn’t step up and keep Carlos Boozer. They have pretty much expected LeBron to win a title by himself. They are one of the worst run franchises in the NBA.[/quote] Seems pretty unfair to blame them for Boozer, given how that went down.

Otherwise, I agree that the Cavs have made a number of bad decisions. But the way James decided to reveal his choice is pretty scummy.

I don’t understand yet why everyone assumes this team is going to win a title. Who can they afford to sign to play with these guys? At least one of them will get injured (Wade wouldn’t surprise me) and then what? James is worse off than when he was in Cleveland in that case. Unless the rumor about Chris Paul going there next year is true, though I don’t know how they sign him also.

Bosh is still better than anyone on the Cavs’ roster. Chalmers is as good as Mo Williams. And shit, the Cavs have been running with role players and winning the most games in the league. One other player to take the pressure off LeBron maybe all he needs.

what ring has Kobe one without one other star or psuedo star on his team? It takes a team to win a ring, not a King and his minions.