Carolina Panthers 2021

Another pathetic season to go along with so many in the past. Doesn’t look good for years to come. It’s just sad.

1 Like

We are so focused on QB. But all I see evey offensive snap is an O line that couldn’t block 4 old people with walkers.

It’s all pointless until that O Line is fixed.

3 Likes

Tepper is a Day Trader. Too impatient. Gotta build the foundation up front. Draft capital is too important to be a day trader for a HR.

Rhule getting absolutely roasted.

Christensen was not the problem with this OL. He should have been playing.

I contend that they have to rebuild the OL first, but if you were Panthers GM for the upcoming offseason, and Kenny Pickett and Sam Howell are available in the draft, would you take either?

What would you do with the existing QBs (Cam, Darnold, Walker)? IIRC Darnold is the only one under contract for next season and he is a big cap #.

I wouldn’t…I would take an OL in the first, without a doubt and would sign atleast one other OL via free agency that I expected to be a starter before I even thought about a new/young QB.

This.

Didn’t really have a thread for this…

Sad news.

1 Like

Wow…hate to hear this. :disappointed:

1 Like

Bringing it back to the Panthers… This was a great night. Great memories.

https://twitter.com/1PantherPlace/status/1476009585303502853

Full game:

“Geography Lesson”:

4 Likes
4 Likes

If you have a subscription to The Athletic - read this piece from Joe Person. I mean, I can’t see how Tepper brings him back another year. I contend this is worse than 2001 or 2010.

1 Like

A lot of coaches would’ve failed at this. It’s a cluster from top to bottom. The CMC situation (stupid contract and fragility) isn’t Rhule’s fault. They need to find a trade partner if possible but since he has only played 10 games in 2 years after signing a 64 mil contract, it’s not likely. The QB situation this year was an unnecessary distraction caused by Tepper. Cam should’ve never been brought back.

Rhule has plenty of blame as well. It’s clear Rhule likes “his guys” based on the roster make up. That’s not going to work on the NFL. He comes off clownish and out of touch in his press conferences. His formula just doesn’t work in the NFL and unfortunately it won’t end well after next year. I doubt he makes it through another full year of it goes south quickly in 2022.

This hire and the CMC contract has set this franchise back years. Having an owner that prefers splash over substance isn’t going to help in getting it back on track.

1 Like

NA, I wouldn’t use a first rounder on either. Get a road grader like you’re talking about and draft a qb in the 3rd or 4 th and hope you catch lightning. Not a about worthy of a one that I see

Someone closer to the panthers tell me this, can they get out from underneath the CMC contract?

I don’t think they can, I don’t think anyone will take him in a trade either, best case scenario is he comes back next season and plays all 16 games like he did the first 3 years in the league, if he doesn’t next year might need to think about cutting him to save cap space.