Carolina Panthers šŸˆā€ā¬›

They are willing to sign the farm away with 3 firsts and 2 young star players under control but will not guarantee 4 years on his contract. I call BS. Carolina knew he was slipping away and this is a PR move to save face.

He failed the physical so the deal fell through. Check out the Larry O thread.

honey badger GIF

1 Like

NFL.com: Panthers sign WR DJ Moore to three-year extension worth $61.9M in new money.
Panthers sign WR D.J. Moore to three-year extension worth $61.9M in new money

The Honey Badger gif aside, I like these moves.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1504910302080557058

The Panthers picked up another quality offensive line piece Friday, as they continue to build up front.

The Panthers have agreed to terms with Ravens center ļ»æBradley Bozemanļ»æ on a one-year deal.

Bozeman has started 48 games the last three seasons for the Ravens, at left guard in 2019 and 2020, and at center in 2021.

The 6-foot-5, 325-pounder could immediately offer competition for incumbent center Pat Elfleinļ»æ, but also gives them more size and versatility as they reconfigure the line.

Theyā€™ve already agreed to terms with former Rams right guard Austin Corbettļ»æ, as theyā€™ve put an emphasis on improving the offensive line.

Bozeman, originally a sixth-round pick from Alabama, was the starting center on a national championship team there.

Nice!

At this point, I would draft Willis and re-sign Cam to mentor him.

Seems like Hampton needs to find better sources out of Mint Street! :roll_eyes::wink:

Iā€™m kinda happy about this. At least he wonā€™t be in the divisionā€¦

1 Like

clt says draft little hands and letā€™s go!

1 Like

I donā€™t believe any of the QBs are worthy of the number 6 pick

2 Likes

Who would you pick then?

If we have the cap space why wouldnā€™t you sign Mathieu, need depth at safety alsoā€¦

I am not a Panthers fan so obviously I donā€™t follow as close you. But with the 6th pick I believe you donā€™t take a big gamble. I believe all these QBs are a big gamble at the 6th pick. I like trench players so I would draft one of the Olinemen or maybe a Dline player like Travon Walker. These guys are a smaller gamble and with only one pick in the first 3 rounds they better make it count.

There is a large faction of Panther fans who advocate the same. They feel like there isnā€™t a starting caliber QB in this yearā€™s draft, so it would be foolish to waste #6 on one. The class next year is much stronger.

That philosophy is probably the right one, but I selfishly canā€™t stand the thought of sitting through another 5-12 type season. Also, we may have upgraded the O line just enough that even a bum like Darnold can win 7 or 8 games, which will push us out of the Elite QB sweepstakes anyway.

I definitely do not support chasing a mediocre QB like Minshew or Mayfield. Youā€™re just asking for that 7 win scenario if you do, and possibly even giving up something good to get it. Worst possible scenario.

So, IMO, you either take the high risk pick and live with it, or you draft a canā€™t miss / for certain LT starter. If one of those stud OTs isnā€™t available, I would try hard to trade back and get some more picks since we donā€™t have any in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Thereā€™s a lot of quality still to be had later in the 1st round.

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of crazy how similar the Panthers are to our basketball program, I think most fan bases of both teams donā€™t think the coaching staff in place right now is the long term answer.

As a Panther fan since I donā€™t think Rhule is the long term answer, picking a starting left tackle at 6 and building as much of the other areas of the team in this off season is the best option for long termā€¦ unfortunately Rhule might not care about long term and only care about his job and could do something stupid again, like over pay for a mediocre QB like Minshew.

We should know which way they go in a few months, but so far I do like the OL signings.

Panthers are also making a run at Armstead to fill LT - which I definitely wouldnā€™t hate.
The moves in free agency give me the impression that Rhule lost all say in personnel - which needed to happen with how badly heā€™s mismanaged this roster since heā€™s gotten here.
If Armstead is signed - thatā€™s a big improvement up front and more important gives them a ton of flexibility at 6 in the draft. I imagine theyā€™d like to trade down and acquire some day 2 draft picks.

clt says quit signing temple playersā€¦.not exactly bama

Interesting. We are out of the DW sweepstakes. Who are we restructuring for?