CBS Bottom 25

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25321401/the-bottom-25----week-4-you-can-go-home-again-virginia

Guess who’s not on there, your Charlotte 49ers! If we can snag another win or two this year to go along with the atmosphere improvements (student attendance/tailgate, band, lights, overall attendance etc) then we will be well on our way to glory. :slight_smile:

[quote=“chidave, post:1, topic:29857”]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25321401/the-bottom-25----week-4-you-can-go-home-again-virginia

Guess who’s not on there, your Charlotte 49ers! If we can snag another win or two this year to go along with the atmosphere improvements (student attendance/tailgate, band, lights, overall attendance etc) then we will be well on our way to glory. :)[/quote]

We are on our way to glory even if we do not get another win. :slight_smile:

With that said, I think we get at least one more win.

I’m guessing we’ll need to keep a few games close as well as win one or two more. His formula seems to value how much teams lose by. I was surprised that the MTSU game didn’t get us on there.

I would guess we’ll be on there before the end of the season, but doubt we end up in the #1 spot, so that’s good (I guess). But hopefully I’m wrong and the Niners get some more surprise wins.

[quote=“49r9r, post:2, topic:29857”][quote=“chidave, post:1, topic:29857”]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25321401/the-bottom-25----week-4-you-can-go-home-again-virginia

Guess who’s not on there, your Charlotte 49ers! If we can snag another win or two this year to go along with the atmosphere improvements (student attendance/tailgate, band, lights, overall attendance etc) then we will be well on our way to glory. :)[/quote]

We are on our way to glory even if we do not get another win. :slight_smile:

With that said, I think we get at least one more win.[/quote]

Having watched App demolish ODU before going to our own game Saturday, I’m feeling pretty good about the trip to Norfolk. This is no Heinicke led Archs team for sure.

We are awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

clt says every thing is awesome!

clt says every thing is awesome![/quote]

Everything is cool when you’re part of a team!

Hate to break this party up,but CBS Sports.com has us ranked #119.One spot behind Florida Atlantic.

why u wanna break up party? Not being the very worst of FBS is something to celebrate

Ok we won’t be there after we crush temple this week with long ball McNeil!

Man, I’m loving the optimism on this board. I also think we will beat ODU. Not feeling so hot about Temple.

[quote=“Ben H, post:11, topic:29857”]Man, I’m loving the optimism on this board. I also think we will beat ODU. Not feeling so hot about Temple.[/quote]I think we stand a shot vs ODU, they run the ball and struggle to move it in the air. We match up well vs that.

I worry that until we get some consistent play at QB, no matter how well we run the ball or the defense is playing, I don’t see any future wins this season. ODU got gob-smacked by App, but is better (not great) than that game. I thought UTSA might be vulnerable too, but our QB play the last three games has been mediocre to really, really bad, not a great recipe for wins.

The other option would be playing to our strengths.

Consistent QB play is probably more likely, though.

The other option would be playing to our strengths.

Consistent QB play is probably more likely, though.[/quote]

More likely? I worry “consistent” is unattainable this season. Other teams know Phillips is good, we’ve good WRs, but until one of the three QBs proves capable of leading, passing, and making good decisions, the other teams will just stack the box. Our strengths can be off-set.

Regardless, I’ll be there demanding the best, come rain or shine, wins or losses, just like everyone else. I thought 2 wins this season, got them both (though one hurt me), so now I’m in it for the ride.

We need Perry and Convington back with no Lee for that to happen.

Lee is the best of the three QBs
Matt Johnson went 0/3 with two ints last Saturday and half of Bardens throws are OB

[quote=“FortyNiner, post:17, topic:29857”]Lee is the best of the three QBs
Matt Johnson went 0/3 with two ints last Saturday and half of Bardens throws are OB[/quote]

ROFL…how can you say that with a straight face?

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:18, topic:29857”][quote=“FortyNiner, post:17, topic:29857”]Lee is the best of the three QBs
Matt Johnson went 0/3 with two ints last Saturday and half of Bardens throws are OB[/quote]

ROFL…how can you say that with a straight face?[/quote]
Anyone that has actually been to the games can see that, Lee was driving down the field last week and a WR fumble killed one drive outside the red zone to go along with one of his interceptions the fault of Duke falling down. Also has everyone forgotten Matt’s 7 turnovers against Elon last year? Did yall really think that would get better in FBS?

[quote=“FortyNiner, post:19, topic:29857”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:18, topic:29857”][quote=“FortyNiner, post:17, topic:29857”]Lee is the best of the three QBs

ROFL…how can you say that with a straight face?[/quote]
Anyone that has actually been to the games can see that, Lee was driving down the field last week and a WR fumble killed one drive outside the red zone to go along with one of his interceptions the fault of Duke falling down. Also has everyone forgotten Matt’s 7 turnovers against Elon last year? Did yall really think that would get better in FBS?[/quote]

I’ve been to 2 out of the 4 games and have watched all of them in their entirety and I want some of what you are smoking. Lee’s completion rate is under 40%, he doesn’t give us a downfield passing threat, isn’t a threat with his legs, and still turns the ball over in same manner as Matt.

Barden should be getting the first team reps in practice and needs to be starting with Matt as the number 2.