CBS Parish Pick 3 Bids for A-10

Will it happen?

[URL=http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9805295]http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9805295[/URL]

Dayton?

Yes. We will push for a 4th as a conference, but 3 is a guaranty unless these frontrunner teams mentioned experience a meltdown. And even if one of them does, one of the next 2 could take its place.

[QUOTE=Gary Parrish]

Atlantic 10 (3)
[B]Projected champ:[/B] Dayton
[B]At-large:[/B] Xavier, UMass
[B]Bubble:[/B] Saint Louis, George Washington

Dayton has two good wins, over Louisville and Creighton.
[/QUOTE]

http://kenpom.com/confrank.php?y=2007

I know it is early, but 14th? That is pathetic. We have 2 teams that are higher than 320

All solid picks. Temple could be a sleeper. After dropping their first 2 games, the Owls are 5-1 in their last six. Of course, 3 of Temple’s next 4 are against Drexel, Villanova, and Duke.

How about we pick up the conference RPI with some wins in Hawaii?

Let’s carry our weight for a change.

But, on the flipside, anyone notice that we have played the toughest schedule in the league, per the RPI?

How about we pick up the conference RPI with some wins in Hawaii?

No DOUBT!

This should officially end any discussion whatsoever about us playing basketball in the Southern Conference.

Only one A10 team in today’s Top 64, X at 45, and the league’s getting 3-4 bids? Does that make sense to anyone?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;206527]Only one A10 team in today’s Top 64, X at 45, and the league’s getting 3-4 bids? Does that make sense to anyone?[/QUOTE]

2 days ago four teams were in the top 45, inclduing 3 in the top 40, but hey, dont let selectivism affect the reasoning here.

the RPI # is meaningless right now. What matters are the records, quality wins, and overall talent of the teams. I see 3 tourney teams in the A10, albeit lower seeds.

[QUOTE=ninerID;206519]We have 2 teams that are higher than 320[/QUOTE]

Another reason Solomon is done in Olean. I’ll give Everhart a “pass” this season at Duquesne because of the shooting incident, only 2 returnees (and one of those a medical redshirt), etc. The one positive for the Dukes is that Robert Mitchell is the frontrunner for A-10 Rookie of the Year.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;206526]This should officially end any discussion whatsoever about us playing basketball in the Southern Conference.[/QUOTE]

Yea…I was about to ask…how many is Parrish predicting from the Socon…or for CUSA for that matter

[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/member.php?u=3][COLOR=#004c26]NinerAdvocate[/COLOR][/URL]: again, we had 4 in the top 45 the last time I checked a day or so agao Mike. [B]the RPI fluctuates radically at this time of the year. It is meaningless [/B]

End of Discussion

how can you even accept louisville as a quality win this year. Louisville is absolutely garbage.

Also notice that CUSA is more than likely a 1 bid league if Memphis doesn’t lose in the tournament.

pomeroy predicts that we will go on a 7 game losing streak haha

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;206527]Only one A10 team in today’s Top 64, X at 45, and the league’s getting 3-4 bids? Does that make sense to anyone?[/QUOTE]

What doesn’t make sense to me is:

A) the Charlotte Observer sports department is “pushing” UNC Charlotte to join the SoCon

B) the Charlotte Observer sports section no longer lists ANY A-10 hoops results in the “Men’s Roundup” section

C) the Charlotte Observer sports section running a front-page piece on the so-called “mid-majors” so that we can get another oppportunity to read about the ACC “crybabies” and why their entire league should be in the NCAA field of 64!

All right, I feel better now! :smile:

[QUOTE=run49er;206537]What doesn’t make sense to me is:

A) the Charlotte Observer sports department is “pushing” UNC Charlotte to join the SoCon

B) the Charlotte Observer sports section no longer lists ANY A-10 hoops results in the “Men’s Roundup” section

C) the Charlotte Observer sports section running a front-page piece on the so-called “mid-majors” so that we can get another oppportunity to read about the ACC “crybabies” and why their entire league should be in the NCAA field of 64!

All right, I feel better now! :smile:[/QUOTE]

Post of the week.

[I]What doesn't make sense to me is:

All right, I feel better now! :smile:[/I]

Its a conspiracy… the MAN is trying to keep us down.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;206524]Let’s carry our weight for a change.

[/QUOTE]

What a concept.

Contrary to what some people think, the A10 will be a multi-bid league. It would be nice to see the Niners make a early statement in Dayton on Jan 4th.

Hey, it Christmas… I can dream, right?

What doesn't make sense to me is:

All right, I feel better now! :smile:

oh and of course…

[QUOTE=run49er;206537]why their entire league should be in the NCAA field of 64!

[/QUOTE]

I guess I misunderstood the ACC coaches. I thought I’ve heard them say they all belong in the Sweet 16.

A-10 will get 4 teams in when the Niners win the Bobby Lutz invitational.

Davidson or North Texas aren’t invited…