CFI should do this!

[I]A dedicated group of Georgia State alumni and friends, called [COLOR=#0000cc][B]the First Team[/B][/COLOR], has formed to assist the athletic department in promoting the possible addition of football at Georgia State University.[/I]

[URL=http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=1148866]http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=1148866[/URL]

As a side note, Georgia State football is over $704,000 in initial contributions

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this what CFI is doing by taking pledges? The only difference seems to be that they have the backing of the University and its 10% season ticket discount and some merchadise.

Sounds very good and very in line with what we have been doing. I’m sure we can have a nice 3-year pledge package deal like this going strong once the school makes it official that we are getting the team and people see that their money will for sure be used for a great cause.

On a side note, I think that if Georgia State ever wants to be taken seriously among athletic fans, they really need to change their mascot logo. It looks pretty cheap IMO. I also think they need to change their colors or use of those colors, but that is more drastic. I have never thought red, white, and blue were good colors for a school to use.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this what CFI is doing by taking pledges? The only difference seems to be that they have the backing of the University and its 10% season ticket discount and some merchadise.
You are correct, sir.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this what CFI is doing by taking pledges? The only difference seems to be that they have the backing of the University and its 10% season ticket discount and some merchadise.

You are right.

This would just be a step further in getting real dollars not fantasy dollars and also the discounts.

[QUOTE=49or bust;252844]
On a side note, I think that if Georgia State ever wants to be taken seriously among athletic fans, they really need to change their mascot logo. It looks pretty cheap IMO. I also think they need to change their colors or use of those colors, but that is more drastic. I have never thought red, white, and blue were good colors for a school to use.[/QUOTE]

The logo is ok to me; but it shouldn’t be a blue on blue helmet, and red should be relegated to trim only status, afterall, Georgia has the Red market in the state cornered.

G. St. biggest obsticule is that it has two BCS state universities within 60 miles of it with one in the same city. While we have more BCS schools in the area the closest two are 80 and 90 miles away, and one of those (WFU) usually isn’t very good or a big draw. This is a leg up for us, granting that Atlanta does have more potential customers.

Here’s a future Big East on this one:

[U]North:[/U]
Syracuse
Connecticut
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati

[U]South:[/U]
Louisville
South Florida
Central Florida
Charlotte
East Carolina
Georgia State

How about a New South Conference:

Charlotte
East Carolina
Georgia State
Central Florida
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Mississippi
Alabama Birmingham
Tulane
Old Dominion

[U]South:[/U] Louisville South Florida Central Florida Charlotte East Carolina Georgia State

How about a New South Conference:

Charlotte
East Carolina
Georgia State
Central Florida
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Mississippi
Alabama Birmingham
Tulane
Old Dominion

To me, both of those sound crappy. Certainly better than the A10, but our basketball would suffer and most of the teams sound lame.

[QUOTE=49or bust;252844]Sounds very good and very in line with what we have been doing. I’m sure we can have a nice 3-year pledge package deal like this going strong once the school makes it official that we are getting the team and people see that their money will for sure be used for a great cause.

On a side note, I think that if Georgia State ever wants to be taken seriously among athletic fans, they really need to change their mascot logo. It looks pretty cheap IMO. I also think they need to change their colors or use of those colors, but that is more drastic. I have never thought red, white, and blue were good colors for a school to use.[/QUOTE]
tell that to Gonzaga, Richmond, South Alabama, American University, and Ole Miss just to name a few.

[QUOTE=49or bust;252852]To me, both of those sound crappy. Certainly better than the A10, but our basketball would suffer and most of the teams sound lame.[/QUOTE]

The Big East conference would still be one of the strongest BBall conferences in the nation and I would be the last to suggest we play divisions in BBall because that South Division would be the Charlotte and Louisville show. Yet with UConn, Cuse, Pitt, Lville, and hopefully us, it would be a great BBall conference. We’d also have Huggy at WVU too!

Now that New South Conference idea, yeah, BBall wise it would suck.

[QUOTE=ninerID;252839][I]A dedicated group of Georgia State alumni and friends, called [COLOR=#0000cc][B]the First Team[/B][/COLOR], has formed to assist the athletic department in promoting the possible addition of football at Georgia State University.[/I]

[URL=http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=1148866]http://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=1148866[/URL]

As a side note, Georgia State football is over $704,000 in initial contributions[/QUOTE]
Last year I kept an eye on GS’s message board and they liked CFI. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that this idea/program was built off of CFI.

Last year I kept an eye on GS's message board and they liked CFI. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this idea/program was built off of CFI.

We should charge a consultation fee

tell that to Gonzaga, Richmond, South Alabama, American University, and Ole Miss just to name a few.

uconn has red trim, SMU, Arizona, FAU, Fresno St., La Tech, liberty, penn, dusquense, Samford, Dayton,

I would love to, though I don't think they'd care. Gonzaga isn't too bad IMO because their red seems more like an orangeish red and is not used too much.
uconn has red trim, SMU, Arizona, FAU, Fresno St., La Tech, liberty, penn, dusquense, Samford, Dayton,
UConn doesn't bother me too much because they use their red very little, but I am also biased. They were my 2nd favorite basketball team growing up. LA Tech's colors seem pretty cool, at least the woman's uniforms (thats all I've ever seen) because they are Houston Oilers colors.