Chapel Hill Phil vs Chancellor Philip Dubois

Alright ladies and gentlemen the time has come to make a decision. CHP has made his long awaited recommendation to the BOT in favor of football. He is the one and only chancellor in our schools history to get us within striking distance of football. So with that my question to Niner Nation is: Chapel Hill Phil vs Chancellor Philip Dubois. If the BOT votes yes in Nov and we raise the 5 million to finalize his recommendation, has he earned enough respect for us to drop CHP and give him a more respectful name?

Your thoughts and name suggestions here.

I kinda like Football Phil

No. [U][B]WE[/B][/U] got us within striking distance of football. Phil just did his job.

Get us a name change and medschool and/or law school and then we will talk.

Until then the man in the blue tie is CHP.

No. [U][B]WE[/B][/U] got us within striking distance of football. Phil just did his job.

I agree for the most part but I do think we should remember he could have killed this thing FOREVER with a simple NO recommendation.

Iā€™m with Bust on this one. Thereā€™s still work to do for him to lose that title. There are people that know a lot more about whatā€™s going on with the internals of the University, but from what Iā€™ve heard, they arenā€™t so good. And nothing he has done yet has led us to increase our standing with regards to the UNC Board of Governors. He hasnā€™t been here that long, but once he moves forward with some of the proposals (law, medical, etc.), heā€™ll have my respect.

Oh yeah, and Iā€™m tired of him sending smartass emails. Iā€™m sending this school moneyā€¦treat me with respect when I email you.

Has he sent you a smartass email also? I thought he was going to do something about this alsoā€¦ [URL]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19423[/URL] till then heā€™s still CHP to me.

Alright ladies and gentlemen the time has come to make a decision. CHP has made his long awaited recommendation to the BOT in favor of football. He is the one and only chancellor in our schools history to get us within striking distance of football. So with that my question to Niner Nation is: Chapel Hill Phil vs Chancellor Philip Dubois. If the BOT votes yes in Nov and we raise the 5 million to finalize his recommendation, has he earned enough respect for us to drop CHP and give him a more respectful name?

Your thoughts and name suggestions here.

I kinda like Football Phil

no

he was irritated the last 2 years by this.

the only reason football is here is he had no choice.

Mac Everett is god

QFT

[QUOTE=EE9er;343835]Has he sent you a smartass email also? I thought he was going to do something about this alsoā€¦ [URL]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19423[/URL] till then heā€™s still CHP to me.[/QUOTE]

He always replies to me with these little quick emails that make me never want to donate another dime. I certainly try to make sure that my emails are respectful and make sure he knows that I want the best for the University. The last email I sent had me considering stopping all donationsā€¦it was Judy that changed my mind. I would have donated more this year had CHP not been so rude; and had I been called from one of the students to donate to the general fund, I would have said no because of it.

I agree for the most part but I do think we should remember he could have killed this thing [B]FOREVER[/B] with a simple NO recommendation.
That's not the only thing that would have been killed in that scenario. :angry:

Seriously tho, I do not think someone should be thought higher of just because they didnā€™t do something malicious against us.

He always replies to me with these little quick emails that make me never want to donate another dime. I certainly try to make sure that my emails are respectful and make sure he knows that I want the best for the University. The last email I sent had me considering stopping all donations...it was Judy that changed my mind. I would have donated more this year had CHP not been so rude; and had I been called from one of the students to donate to the general fund, I would have said no because of it.

Wow, if it was that bad that YOU :smile: would have stopped donating we have a problem. I donā€™t understand what he gains by all this, like others have said it doesnā€™t seem like his heart is really with the school, if another school came calling heā€™d probably be gone.

Big props to Phil for football.

However, to drop CHP:

I want to see serious progress made towards:

1) name change  2) med school  OR  3) law school

addressing any one of those will prove to me that he put the interests of this school FIRST.

He always replies to me with these little quick emails that make me never want to donate another dime. I certainly try to make sure that my emails are respectful and make sure he knows that I want the best for the University. The last email I sent had me considering stopping all donations...it was Judy that changed my mind. I would have donated more this year had CHP not been so rude; and had I been called from one of the students to donate to the general fund, I would have said no because of it.

CHP is the worst salesman on the planet. He was the kid who buried himself in the library all weekend.

I think its funny he already has charged Judy Rose with being on the hook to fundraise for football. Not one mention of ā€œteam effort.ā€

He couldnā€™t sell poontang on a Navy ship.

[QUOTE=49or bust;343829]

Until then the man in the blue tie is CHP.[/QUOTE]

It wasnā€™t really discussed on here, but in one of the reports the school releases about upcoming projects and such (it was like 90 pages long), it stated the school was devoting (I believe) 150,000 for a law school feasibility study this fall. I havenā€™t heard anything about it since though.

In his defense, there isnā€™t much he can really do about a med school. They cost tens of millions of dollars if not over a hundred million to run annually. That is something the UNC system is going to have to decide on. Obviously he can fight for us to get our own rather than a Chapel Hill branch in Charlotte, but ultimately they will do whatever they want to do.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;343841]Big props to Phil for football.

However, to drop CHP:

I want to see serious progress made towards:

1) name change  2) med school  OR  3) law school

addressing any one of those will prove to me that he put the interests of this school FIRST.[/QUOTE]
i have to agree with that. i also want to see him PUBLICLY adress the funding issue. or should i say lack of funding.

[QUOTE=metro;343842]He couldnā€™t sell poontang on a Navy ship.[/QUOTE]thatā€™s what i call the ultimate definition of a piss poor salesman.

Iā€™d love a med or law school, but to me the name change is now the most pressing matter. Until he shows serious interest in changing the name he will remain CHP.

Oh, and GET A GREEN TIE DAMNIT!!!

University of Charlotte is the most important thing to me as an alum!!

I'd love a med or law school, but to me the name change is now the most pressing matter. Until he shows serious interest in changing the name he will remain CHP.

Oh, and GET A GREEN TIE DAMNIT!!!

We should each send him a green tie for Christmas this year =)

[QUOTE=spartyniner;343870]We should each send him a green tie for Christmas this year =)[/QUOTE]

I second this motion!! A couple dozen green ties showing up at his office should get a message across.

[QUOTE=metro;343842]

He couldnā€™t sell poontang on a Navy ship.[/QUOTE]

Agree on a lot of things butttttt. not sure about this one!