Char-Meck Hires New Chief of Police

The worst area is by phase 3 parking where the gate to campus edge is. First of all it isn’t well lit or patrolled, and worst of all, campus edge locks the gates to walk through at like 10, so residents and guests have to make the walk all the way around cameron onto john kirk into the front gate of campus edge, which is just about the most dangerous walk I’ve ever seen. No streetlights, no sidewalk, no police, nothin. Just darkness, road, and low income housing. Thanks Campus Edge, for keeping the bad guys out of those gates at 10 pm…who cares if it puts all your residents in danger. They need to have someone guard the gate, instead of just being lazy and locking all the people that live there out, if they’re truly concerned about it.

Yankee, just keep kait safe. The guys on here can fend for themselves.

Seriously, you could serve as a great go-between if the folks living in the apartments around th campus will PM you with some problem areas.

good post. (do we have a good post icon/smiley?)

Rodney Monroe was a slam dunk I think, after the sheriff election fiasco

At least Rodney Monroe seems to be qualified to do the job.

can't believe this thread has not mentioned that Jerry Sennet, the CMPD candidate, played golf and graduated from Charlotte

I wanted the Niner to get hired

I know one of the other Deputy Chiefs, David Graham, and he is also a Niner grad. I took a look, and three of the four Deputy Chiefs got their Bachelor’s degree from Charlotte, and the fourth got his Master’s here. Pretty good representation. I am sure that you will see one or more of these gentlemen retire within three-five years. I think they would be an ideal hire for the Chief of Campus Police which should become an open position on that same day.

Ya’ll be sure to tell the NC State fans this isn’t the same Rodney Monroe that played at State. Not so sure they are smart enough to figure that one out.