Charlotte at Temple

Are the Jack and Cokes flowing early today?[/quote]

If they were id predict a win :wink:

Temple will not cover the spread. I watched them play Army. They are not a good team. Not bad necessarily but definitely not good like last year. They are basically a 4-8 or 5-7 team this year at best (given their remaining schedule in the AAC). If we lose by more than 14 to them, no chance at all will I be making the trip to Charlotte for a game this year. We need to win this game to go bowling. We need to at least keep it close to feel like we arenā€™t a complete dumpster fire. I have 0 confidence in us winning anything at the moment, but if Temple does win the score line better be like 30 to 23 or something. If itā€™s 42 to 10, or 45 to 13 or worse, Iā€™m done with football until 2017.

LOL, what makes you think weā€™re going to be any better next year?

LOL, what makes you think weā€™re going to be any better next year?[/quote]
Lol nothing except we will be 0-0 and fresh slate. We lose to Temple, we have about a 1% of going bowling so why would I continue to care with nothing to play for? I mean Iā€™m a Jaguars fan, I already have plenty of utter disappointment and sadness during the fall, I donā€™t need anymore lol

LOL, what makes you think weā€™re going to be any better next year?[/quote]
Lol nothing except we will be 0-0 and fresh slate. We lose to Temple, we have about a 1% of going bowling so why would I continue to care with nothing to play for? I mean Iā€™m a Jaguars fan, I already have plenty of utter disappointment and sadness during the fall, I donā€™t need anymore lol[/quote]

I see, I see. Well, keep chugging along, things can turn around in the hurry (for the Jags, not the Niners, we are forever doomed).

Have you seen the rest of C-USA? Atleast 1/3 of the league is probably no better than we are.

Temple 9/20 press conference. Talks a little about Charlotte around the 18:00 mark.

http://owlsports.com/watch/?Archive=1930

Will there be an online stream somewhere for this game? Not on TV in South Ga

http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/

TV

Injury Report:

[font=arial][size=small]Outside of wide receiver Trent Bostick, still recovering from a concussion, the 49ers will be near full strength against Temple.[/size][/font][font=arial][size=small]Returning to the lineup will be three offensive players ā€“ running back Kalif Phillips, left tackle Jamal Covington and right guard Nate Davis. Cornerback Terrance Winchester will return to the starting lineup after reserve duty against Eastern Michigan.[/size][/font] [font=arial][size=small]Covington has missed the past two games recovering from a knee injury suffered against Louisville, while Phillips (left hamstring) and Davis (back spasms) sat out last weekā€™s game.[/size][/font] [font=arial][size=small]Winchester separated his right shoulder in the 49ersā€™ season-opening loss to then-No. 19 Cardinals, and he missed Charlotteā€™s win over Elon.[/size][/font] [font=arial][size=small]Lambert also said quarterback Kevin Olsen, who played last week despite a sprained right shoulder suffered against Elon, should be 100 percent for Saturdayā€™s game.[/size][/font]
Read more here: [url=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article103046417.html#storylink=cp]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article103046417.html#storylink=cp[/url]

Niner Report Podcast Week 4 Preview: Temple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFL_ANBcu8A

on ESPN3

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]Did you watch our game vsā€¦ nevermind :blank:

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]Did you watch our game vsā€¦ nevermind :blank:[/quote]

I watched some of the 1H against UL.

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]Did you watch our game vsā€¦ nevermind :blank:[/quote]

I watched some of the 1H against UL.[/quote]I hope you stopped watching after UL had a 3 and out on their 2nd drive.

http://americansportsnet.com/much-traveled-49ers-qb-finding-his-home-in-charlotte/

Much-traveled QB finding his home in Charlotte

I hope you are right 88ā€¦ But we just got dickpunched, at home, by Eastern Freaking Michigan. Temple is a more talented team than EMUā€¦ I hope we play much better than last week, but Iā€™m now firmly away from my preseason bullishness.

Prior this season, I thought this was a game we had a chance of stealing. Temple lost a good deal of talent, and we played them tough here until our D gave out. I thought Temple would take a step back to a 7-8 win type team (not the juggernaut from last year), and if we were on we could win it.

After watching us through three games though, I donā€™t think we are consistent enough on offense to beat them, and even if we keep it close I donā€™t trust our kicking game to let us take a close one. I think we cover, but go down in a 38-14 type game. I would love to be wrong though.

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]
I did. Comparing Temple and Charlotte: Army is better than EMU, Elon and Stony Brook are in the same FCS conference, and Penn State is not even in the same universe as Lville. So itā€™s hard to judge either team based on opponents so far. And what does the triple option have to do with losing? Good teams can stop it. Didja see what Clemson did to GT last night? The point of my original post was simple: It will be hard for Temple to get to 6 or 7 wins this year unless they do beat us. If we want to go bowling, this is virtually a must win game for us. And no way Temple covers the spread and wins by 30. Itā€™ll be a closer game than that. If notā€¦lord help us.

You watched us play a triple option team, and without our best player. Didja happen to watch the Penn State game?[/quote]
I did. Comparing Temple and Charlotte: Army is better than EMU, Elon and Stony Brook are in the same FCS conference, and Penn State is not even in the same universe as Lville. So itā€™s hard to judge either team based on opponents so far. And what does the triple option have to do with losing? Good teams can stop it. Didja see what Clemson did to GT last night? The point of my original post was simple: It will be hard for Temple to get to 6 or 7 wins this year unless they do beat us. If we want to go bowling, this is virtually a must win game for us. And no way Temple covers the spread and wins by 30. Itā€™ll be a closer game than that. If notā€¦lord help us.[/quote]I think it is pretty easy to judge the teams so far.

We suck. Temple isnā€™t as good as they were last year, but theyā€™re better than we are.