Charlotte Baseball

Went to the Alumni game last Sunday after the awsome win over Cinncinati in hoops the night before. Baseball team looks decent this year. I was kinda upset when I looked at the roster of the Alumni though and saw that Metro was not in the lineup? I had my hopes up that I was going to see the greatest to ever step foot on the Charlotte baseball diamond. What gives?

[i]Originally posted by A-10 bound[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 01:32 PM [b] I had my hopes up that I was going to see the greatest to ever step foot on the Charlotte baseball diamond. What gives? [/b]
Judy is still the AD :P

who cares??

I went to probably 5 or 6 baseball home games last year, and our team sucked. Carolina came here, which made fans in the seats about 50…when the other games it was about 15, which most was mom and dads on kids on the team. They only have one senior, and last year when O was there, thee excuse for losing was they were young…so I guess we didn’t recruit for a couple years back.

Oh well, our basketball team rocks…GO NINERS

i always wanted to play baseball for the Niners, but you need more than an 80mph fastball, a curve, and a mediocre changeup to make it in D1

NCBP,

I think we were pretty decent last year. We played Carolina in a relatively competitive game, 8-5 .

I don’t know my college baseball real well but I think we were good last year. The baseball games are good though, everyone needs to come out. Its the closest thing we have to football. We should try to be like Tulane and Long Beach State and focus on baseball but while still remaing top-notch in basketball (unlike either of those teams).

Recap on Carolina website for thos interestid
http://tarheelblue.collegesports.com/sport…/041404aaa.html

“our baseball program is a freaking joke. there is so much talent in this area and we still stink. we gots to get a new coach who can recruit locally” said clt when asked about niner baseball.

I may not get to Charlotte for a game but I am certaily going to try and make it to a 49er game in Greenville at ECU’s new stadium…quite nice. Pirate fans certainly appreciate their baseball program. It would be nice if there was more interest around our program.

Is that the volunteer coach I read about last semester in the U-times, that is really old and has all this experience around here somewhere?

They are not THAT bad, but I heard all this hype my freshman year about our basbeall team was gonna be kick ass this year and next so…we’ll see…I’ll still go to games non the less.

My ECU pal follows baseball more than any other of their sports. Their fans are rabid. They will chant ONE UP…ONE DOWN or PURPLE…GOLD in the fashion of our FORTY-NINERS. Also, when a visiting manager is on the mound, they’ll chant TAKE HIM OUT…LEAVE HIM IN. I forget the others, but it gets loud, and they are pretty creative

Can’t DI baseball team afford wood bats. Aluminum has got to go. C-USA actually has something like a 10 run rule because those bats are just too powerful against typical college level pitching.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Feb 8 2005, 02:17 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Feb 8 2005, 02:17 PM)

I go to about 3 or 4 games a year & we definitely need some more support. Does anyone know if we have plans to play any games in Kannapolis this year? Those games just seemed to be a lot more fun?

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 02:17 PM [b] Judy is still the AD :P [/b]
I retract all I have ever said about Judy.

funds are pooring in.

excitement about our total program- from alumni is huge.

the momentum is really rolling as we steer to the big time.

I can feel the 49er electricity when I drive thru Charlotte year round.

I can’t wait for another 14 years of the same.

sponsors are lining up for TV and radio ads.

all the corporate dollars in Charlotte and high per capita income funnel into our program at an astonishing rate.

don’t forget, she was on the NCAA selection committee, and is networking tremendously!! maybe some of those other AD’s will cough up some $$$.

i love niners baseball… nothing like watching baseball in the spring weather… we had a lot of offensive talent last year… our pitching struggled some … avg. team era had to be close to 5 or 6, which isn’t bad in college, but we rarely had any 1-2-3 innings or any scorless innings… our starting pitchers were reaching their pitch count in the 4th-5th inning and we had to rely on our relief too soon… we lost our #1 and #3 starter from last year and we had 3 freshmen relief pitchers, who should have progressed in the off-season… i would like to see us schedule a game at the intimidators stadium, against uncg or another local team… might help with pro scouting also… But for now, its about Charlotte Basketball

Good post josh.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 04:33 PM [b] i always wanted to play baseball for the Niners, but you need more than an 80mph fastball, a curve, and a mediocre changeup to make it in D1 [/b]
I was in the same boat as you Chisox. We're a dime a dozen in D1. :(