Charlotte - Central Conn. State Box Score

Box Score

Eddie and Curtis were animals on the boards.
We shot the ball from three way too many times considering we had a massive advantage on the interior. Most of the misses were open misses, however, when we’re off we’re off and we should have been throwing it inside more. Started to finally towards the end, and it closed out the game for us.

75% FTs!!! YAHOOOOOO!!! Strong 2nd half. That’s gettin’ it done. :lol:

Some comments about the game:

Plavich hit all 4 of his threes in the second half. The middle opened up after that per Lutz’s postgame comments. We then went inside consistently down the stretch. I’m just relaying what he said. Interpret anyway you want but without a balanced inside-outside attack, we’re not going to win games against the better teams.

It sounded like Goldwire forced several shots. No doubt he thought he “feeling it” after his 22 point effort. We have to get penetration to get easy shots to go with the half-court offensive sets.

Great to hear all the free-throws going down.

We scored 40 in the second half after only 26 in the first.

I hated hearing all of those easy baskets we were giving up.

Iti does much better against teams with size.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 02:41 AM [b] We shot the ball from three way too many times considering we had a massive advantage on the interior. Most of the misses were open misses, however, when we're off we're off and we should have been throwing it inside more. Started to finally towards the end, and it closed out the game for us. [/b]
No kidding but it's hard to break a bad habit and I don't see it changing much. When you out-rebound a team 52 to 28, that's a pretty good sign that we could have dominated the paint on offense. Just a shame that our mentality is to jack up 3's but I'll take the win and get ready for conference play which should be a better barometer of where this team stands.

Anybody know what defense CCSU was using primarily in the 1st half? Considering their size disadvantage, one would assume that they would pack it in. Taking open 3’s beats trying to force it inside if they were running zone(s). We have had trouble both passing and receiving the post entry passes this year, even when we have the opportunity to do it. Sounds like once we finally started hitting from three we forced them to spread out a little.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 09:35 AM [b] Anybody know what defense CCSU was using primarily in the 1st half? Considering their size disadvantage, one would assume that they would pack it in. Taking open 3's beats trying to force it inside if they were running zone(s). We have had trouble both passing and receiving the post entry passes this year, even when we have the opportunity to do it. Sounds like once we finally started hitting from three we forced them to spread out a little. [/b]
Listening to Matt, it sounded as if they played 2-3 most of the game. According to the scouting report, they do collapse down when the ball goes into the post and use their guards to try and get steals when the big men bring the ball down.

How about BP with 8 boards…he prbably felt like Guiliver out there.

Listening to the game, it sounded like “Obi-Wan” Nwadike and Mojica were scoring at will and someone was headed for another career high. I am shocked to see that they only scored 13 and 11 apiece.

I also thought that was the quietest 18 pts, 13 rb out of Curtis :ph34r: that I’ve ever heard.

BTW, that was the best crowd in the chat room last night, especially considering the hour.

[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Dec 30 2004, 11:44 AM [b] BTW, that was the best crowd in the chat room last night, especially considering the hour. [/b]
Yes, 'twas fun.

The real question here is whether Curt has woken up for the year so far. Pretty strong double doubles in the two game showing. Thats how he needs to play every game. FYI, Basden and Curt together has as many rebounds as their whole team :blink:

Was impressed with Brendan’s rebounds. Damn, that team must have been REALLY small…

Disturbing note for these games, though: We had more turnovers than assits in both. That doesn’t smack of good TEAM basketball.