charlotte credit card ??

Need your opinion…UNC Charlotte has a credit card through Bank of America, it has the Alumni Association logo on it. Would more people ask for the card if it had the Charlotte sports logo rather than the Alumni Association??Thanks for your help!

Need your opinion...UNC Charlotte has a credit card through Bank of America, it has the Alumni Association logo on it. Would more people ask for the card if it had the Charlotte sports logo rather than the Alumni Association??Thanks for your help!
money goes to the alumni association that is why it is that logo, and it is recognized as a "benefit" to alumni. However, I do think it may do better.

It would do better if it were better advertised, and if we weren’t UNC-Charlotte as the listing:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/index.cfm?context_id=marketing_grid&category_id=2004

From those I really like UMASS or Arizona State the best.

Looking at those, ours is really lacking.

I also like LSU’s , no doubt who you’re supporting when you use that card. I agree that the $$ goes back to the Alumni association and some of that money goes back to the the university for scholorships etc. My question is would you as a student request a card with Charlotte and the pick ax logo if available? Could anyone on here show what the two would look like to compare? Thanks!!

We have an one image for UNC Charlotte.

We have an another image for UNC Charlotte alumni.

We have yet a different image (& name) for UNC Charlotte athletics.

There is a huge need for some kind of continuity to unify the identity of the University.

I hope I live to see it.

I have that card but have stopped using it. I called the bank to see how much of each purchase went to the school. The first person didn’t know and the fifth said nothing was going to the school. I’m using another card.

I have that card but have stopped using it. I called the bank to see how much of each purchase went to the school. The first person didn't know and the fifth said nothing was going to the school. I'm using another card.

I will get the correct answer for you on what does go to the university… I would hope the other benefit is the business community would notice who’s buying and have items that appeal to supporters of Charlotte…
I live in Raleigh but was at Dick’s university location yesterday and they didn’t have a single Charlotte item for sale. They suggested that I go to Grey’s bookstore. We bought over $150. worth of merchandise and let them know we were extremely dissapointed that they didn’t have a single shirt etc for sale. They said that sometimes things sell well, other times they don’t. I told (who ever I was talking to) that if I don’t like the way something looks I am not going to buy it even if is the only choice, they need to offer variety…Off topic, but I felt the need to rant.

[QUOTE=chasmo101;334596]was at Dick’s university location yesterday and they didn’t have a single Charlotte item for sale. They suggested that I go to Grey’s bookstore. We bought over $150. worth of merchandise and let them know we were extremely dissapointed [/QUOTE]

If you really wanted to get their attention, you should’ve left the merchandise in the store and told them you were going to Sports Authority (across from Concord Mills) to buy your stuff.

Looking at those, ours is really lacking.

x2

sorry but this is the best quality i could get of the credit card to do some GIMP work on, this would be my suggestion.

Thanks NinerID

[URL=http://promo.bankofamerica.com/ExpressYourself/?cm_mmc=DEP-Affinity-_-vanity-_-expressyourself-_-072008&adlink=000309029bu50000j815#/college_universities]BofA - Checks and Card[/URL]

[QUOTE=C49er;334618][URL=http://promo.bankofamerica.com/ExpressYourself/?cm_mmc=DEP-Affinity-_-vanity-_-expressyourself-_-072008&adlink=000309029bu50000j815#/college_universities]BofA - Checks and Card[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yea the charlotte one is by far the worst. ID you need to submit that to BofA or the Alumni Assoc.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;334619]Yea the charlotte one is by far the worst. ID you need to submit that to BofA or the Alumni Assoc.[/QUOTE]

If you’ll notice:

[QUOTE]…Bank of America will make a contribution to [B]University of North Carolina[/B] Alumni Association…[/QUOTE]

That’s motivating.

[QUOTE=chasmo101;334596]I will get the correct answer for you on what does go to the university… I would hope the other benefit is the business community would notice who’s buying and have items that appeal to supporters of Charlotte…
I live in Raleigh but was at Dick’s university location yesterday and they didn’t have a single Charlotte item for sale. They suggested that I go to Grey’s bookstore. We bought over $150. worth of merchandise and let them know we were extremely dissapointed that they didn’t have a single shirt etc for sale. They said that sometimes things sell well, other times they don’t. I told (who ever I was talking to) that if I don’t like the way something looks I am not going to buy it even if is the only choice, they need to offer variety…Off topic, but I felt the need to rant.[/QUOTE]

What!?! Sells well? It’s the first week of school and there a ton of gullable freshmen. They go to Dicks and don’t see Charlotte stuff, but want to buy a college shirt so they walk out with a Crap Hole Hill or Puke shirt… :hammer: Thanks [B]Dicks[/B]!

[QUOTE=chasmo101;334596]I will get the correct answer for you on what does go to the university… [/QUOTE]

That will be much appreciated. I felt like the good 'ol bait and switch was pulled. I got the card only as a reason to help out the school. Now I get mail regarding “Rewards Points” that I don’t even remember hearing about. It seems these “Reward Points” took the place of the school donations, but that’s just conjecture on my part. I do know I was told nothing was going to the school now though. Kinda pissed me off.

i have the alumni card. when i recently got a new one, i was disappointed it did not have the athletic logo. who do we ask to have this changed?

A fun story about Dick’s sporting good. One of my mother’s students was having a fundraiser and Dick’s pledged a golf club. When she went by to pick it up for the auction, the manager said they wouldn’t give it to her.

10 year old girl, she was just kind of in shock. Luckily there was a golf pro in the store at the time and heard the argument, he came over and offered free lessons instead, which were worth way more than the golf club they had promised.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;334643]A fun story about Dick’s sporting good. One of my mother’s students was having a fundraiser and Dick’s pledged a golf club. When she went by to pick it up for the auction, the manager said they wouldn’t give it to her.

10 year old girl, she was just kind of in shock. Luckily there was a golf pro in the store at the time and heard the argument, he came over and offered free lessons instead, which were worth way more than the golf club they had promised.[/QUOTE]

a lot of mixed feelings about Dicks Sporting Goods. The 1st half of your story doesn’t surprise me at all. The 2nd half does. I would’ve expected them to give a $10 off coupon if someone spent $50.

They have over-saturated the market with those $10 off with a $50 purchase (3 point cards at Niners games, after Kannapolis Intimidators wins, Entertainment '08 book…etc.). I bought shoes (which cost $49, $1 under the coupon of course) there recently and on the receipt, they offered my $10 off my next purchase of $50 or more.

So what. I have more of those $10 off things then I will ever use. Did their stupid survey and told them if they valued my business, they would create a new marketing gimmick. Otherwise, I’m off to Sports Authority.

Plus I have spoken to the Managers at Northlake, University and I-85(exit 54) stores about their lack of Niners gear. Repeatedly told they stock what sells. They could never answer my argument about stocking Niners gear to even see if it sells. Of course if they did stock it, it would be buried in a corner
where it could not be seen and in turn, would not sell. They are great at the self-fulfilling prophacy.

Capital One now has “Card Lab” where you can make a card from any image you upload. You could easily just take a niner symbol off the internet (or whatever image) and make a card. This will not in turn give money to the alumni association, but how much are those cards even generating?

[URL]http://www.capitalone.com/cardlab/?linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS01_CCMAIN_C2_02_T_BYOCG&external_id=&step=1[/URL]

You essentially sign up for a credit card, they send you a generic one with info how to upload your own image, they then mail you a replacement card.