Charlotte - Davidson: 3-2 Loss in OT

7:00 at Davidson’s new Alumni field (back of campus). You park at the basketball arena and take a short walk to the field. I don’t remember ever playing them to kick-off the season.

Who’s making the trek up 77/85??? Are students going? We need to own their soccer field like we do their gym!!!

supposedly people on this board think soccer is homosexual. so i don’t think anyone from niner nation will be getting loyalty points from the soccer games so sad they are all gonna get the shaft by freshman during basketball season hope they think being complete tool bags who aren’t open to things is fun.

[b]supposedly people on this board think soccer is homosexual.[/b]
Supposedly?
[b]so i don't think anyone from niner nation will be getting loyalty points from the soccer games so sad they are all gonna get the shaft by freshman during basketball season[/b]
I have season tickets.
[b]hope they think being complete tool bags who aren't open to things is fun.[/b]
I don't know if that's fun or not. But I know what's not fun -- soccer.

ill be going to soccer games this year. i need those damn loyalty points! haha seriously i want to support 49ers soccer, even if i hate the sport. gooo niners soccer ballers

some of us will be at the panther game on thursday. otherwise i would be there.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 01:57 AM [b] some of us will be at the panther game on thursday. otherwise i would be there. [/b]
prepared to watch the panthers receive the largest ass whooping of their entire existance. steelers are going to rock your world. :D :lol:
[i]Originally posted by dax+Aug 30 2005, 09:05 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (dax @ Aug 30 2005, 09:05 AM)

I am going to try to make it… GO Niners

I’ll be there, then off to Greensboro for a weekend of soccer with my son’s U-13 team.

Here’s hoping the 49er men’s and women’s futbol teams can get on the winning track!

GO NINERS!!!

you guys have any good home games in soccer?

panthers game > soccer

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 11:20 AM [b] you guys have any good home games in soccer? [/b]
8/21 #10 Wake Forest (0-1) 9/24 South Carolina 10/16 Dayton 11/4 #25 Saint Louis 11/6 Duquesne

chisox,

It’s a shame you missed the bus in the 90’s when our soccer programw as so dominant. A bunch of us old farts saw the Niners repeatedly ranked in the top 5 in the country. And the road trips were fantastic, even if we got screwed at Chapel Hell on a BS non-call when Gabe Garcia got blatantly taken down in the box. Should have had a PK to win that one.

Thumping #3 (#2??) SC in Columbia was awesome too. I remember none of that night though. Who knew you could drink enough to actually pass out?

We used to pull some great crowds at the old field up the hill. The stands and the grassy areas were packed, with a fair number of drunk co-eds to boot. Good times, good times.

I’ll try to make the South Carolina and SLU games. How much is a ticket?? 5 bucks? I miss the Memphis-SLU soccer matches, they were fun ones.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 11:57 AM [b] I'll try to make the South Carolina and SLU games. How much is a ticket?? 5 bucks? [/b]
That's correct!

I would go to the Davidson game if the Panthers did not have a game that night. I usually average about 3 Niner soccer games a year. I might attend more if the goals were wider. B)

Charlotte49ers.com: 3-2 Davidson in OT

Exciting game, bad ending. We led most of the game even though we played most of the game a man down. Red card in first half. Big crowd, good Niner contingent.

yeah i would have gone but i was watching the volleyball game. Thats almost as intense as Guys basketball

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 2 2005, 09:58 AM [b] [url=http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/090105aaa.html]Charlotte49ers.com: 3-2 Davidson in OT[/url]

Exciting game, bad ending. We led most of the game even though we played most of the game a man down. Red card in first half. Big crowd, good Niner contingent. [/b]

Cass Baltz, the Winning goal scorer for davidson was in my 9th grade gym class. I know other famous people too.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 11:35 AM [b] panthers game > soccer [/b]
opinion.