Charlotte Football on Fox News Edge

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-MKh0lZko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-MKh0lZko[/URL]

They asked people to call in. Hopefully they will put me on the air. Watch Fox news tonight!

BTW I also called in and said we are NOT UNC-C.

I told them UNC-C is an insult. Call in and complain and maybe they will finally listen.

For those that don’t know, Fox News Edge is a different sort of news cast on the local Fox station Monday-Friday night at 10:30. It is geared towards younger audiences. Every night they have a top topic that they have pepople call in about and responses are aired the next night. Last night’s top topic, as Gill pointed out was Charlotte Football. The question being, “Can UNC Charlotte get a football team?” The number to call is
[B][CENTER]704-332-EDGE[/CENTER][/B]
Call today and tell them what you think! Responses air on tonight’s show.

You mean Brotha Fred didn’t know we are called Charlotte?

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;251430]You mean Brotha Fred didn’t know we are called Charlotte?[/QUOTE]
That guy is something else. Someone please point him in the direction of a barber shop. I am too busy to look for it, but isn’t there a thread where we have a list of videos and articles about football? If so, can someone find it and add this to it?

WCNC also ran a story this morning (8/1/07) talking about the meeting, and showed an interview with me. They were supposed to run it yesterday, but they did this morning and I missed it.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-MKh0lZko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-MKh0lZko[/URL]

They asked people to call in. Hopefully they will put me on the air. Watch Fox news tonight!

Thanks Gill. I appreciate you getting this online.

clt endorses morgan.

I watched that show for a bit but had to turn it.

Brotha Fred is as dumb as a box full of dicks. I do not find it coincidental that his head is tapered.
Morgan is a nice slice, but she is annoying as hell.

The show was a joke. WTF is UNC - C? Stupid bastards can’t even get the name right.
The “inverviews” were crap, the only input of value was from the guy who spells his first name funny.

That was hard to watch/listen to, just because Brotha Fred had to speak.

clt endorses morgan.
Second!

Sorry but their anchors made me feel as if they thought us getting a team was a joke.

“Can they REAAAAAAAAAAALLY field a competitive team?”

Some of the answers by people on the street they interviewed were atrocious, whether they were for it or against it.

I really get irritated when people call us a briefcase/suitcase whatever commuter school (one of our own summer school students said this when interviewed). It is no where near as bad as it used to be and I can guarantee the commuter students we have now primarily live within a 5 mile radius.

Charlotte, is no where near being a commuter school anymore, I was a freshman in 2000, and by the time I was 2 years out living right across the street from campus, I had seen a lot of changes, 1st being the fact that 70% of students represent Charlotte Gear, and that there are always people on campus, if you go to any other school on a non football weekend, tell me what you see, it is a campus where kids go home to have their clothes washed or they live in the apartments right by campus having huge parties, those anchors are pathetic:flame:

Sorry but their anchors made me feel as if they thought us getting a team was a joke.

Some of the answers by people on the street they interviewed were atrocious, whether they were for it or against it.

I really get irritated when people call us a briefcase/suitcase whatever commuter school (one of our own summer school students said this when interviewed). It is no where near as bad as it used to be and I can guarantee the commuter students we have now primarily live within a 5 mile radius.

there’s 20,000 people at this school. if one of our own students says that, it just means he doesnt have any friends so he has nothing else to say. none of my friends go home on the weekend…not even during the summer. it’s different with on campus freshmen because they just moved to college and there are a lot of reasons for still going home to see family/friends if you haven’t made many friends down here…but that happens everywhere

I graduated in 04 and it was no where near a commuter school. The dumbass girl who said that either has no friends, only has friends in other counties, or is just a brand new freshman that doesn’t know any better. She is part of the problem. She hears other people say we are a commuter school and she just repeats it without actually thinking about it. I used to never go home on the weekends, and I assume it is the same for most of the students now. There is way too much **** to do in Charlotte to go home on the weekends.

By the way, those idiots should do more research before they do a cover story on an issue. Of course we’re not going to be competitive right away. People annoy me. Common sense is not very common.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;251515]I really get irritated when people call us a briefcase/suitcase whatever commuter school (one of our own summer school students said this when interviewed). It is no where near as bad as it used to be and I can guarantee the commuter students we have now primarily live within a 5 mile radius.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I have seen this trend in new students regarding commuter campus and old students regarding football. They hear it somewhere and being young and inmpressionable and realizing we don’t have football, they think, ‘Man they are right.’ It is not even close to the commuter school it used to be. It was in a mjor shift while I was attending. That’s like a lot of older students I talk to about football and they simply say ‘They won’t get football.’ They can’t offer a reason and they use the word ‘they.’ Please Stamats! Help us get a new identity.

Hey, remember what this thread is about… Call [B][SIZE=4]704-332-EDGE[/SIZE][/B] and tell them why we [I][B]will[/B][/I] have football.

Someone please record the news thing tongith? Just hold your camera in front of the screen if nothing else. PLEASE and THANK YOU!

Just a small warning, if you have never watched the edge they try to get equivalent amount of opinions for each side. So tonight when it is pretty much even, don’t come on here complaining about 1 or 2 dumbasses against it and don’t mention any facts. I have seen some pretty stupid topics on the Edge and the level of intelligence shines for those who are not involved in an issue but still are willing to call a station so they can tell their “maw” they were on “ther telervision”

The responses were great! Loved the kid saying he wants to play for us, but I question his “real” age. Otherwise it was all positive, looks like we have Channel 18 on our side to me.

All responses about Niner Football I’ve heard from non-Niners have been very positive.