charlotte for a firsttimer

I’m going to be in CLT this weekend for a bday party and and am bringing along someone who has never been to the QC (she’s originally from seattle). So after drinking downtown Friday night for the bday party, I was going to show her around the city on Saturday. I spent 7 years there as a student and working just after (97-04).

So… outside of showing her the downtown/uptown area, the panthers stadium, the white water center, the university, and the future site of the charlotte football stadium… what else should make the list of a 1day whirlwind tour of the city?

well, the race is saturday, so either take her there, or avoid the whole concord area all together.

Ballantyne is nice for a lunch. Or perhaps the South Park and surrounding area if she wants to see big ass old house area.

You can always take her to Latta Plantation. Oh and Penguin.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;435820]well, the race is saturday, so either take her there, or avoid the whole concord area all together.[/QUOTE]

oh ****… forgot about that. good call.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;435825]Ballantyne is nice for a lunch. Or perhaps the South Park and surrounding area if she wants to see big ass old house area.

[B]You can always take her to Latta Plantation. Oh and Penguin.[/B][/QUOTE]

good calls here. penguin… yum.

the gardens on campus can be impressive…if she’s into that sort of thing. check out the new gate & fence at the asian section.

The Hilton is nice :wink:

Tour of Wilkinson Boulevard.

[QUOTE=earlyniner;435832]the gardens on campus can be impressive…if she’s into that sort of thing. check out the new gate & fence at the asian section.[/QUOTE]

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in Belmont - chics love it.

I’ve always heard that uptown cabaret is pretty this time of year.

[QUOTE=NLP;435839]Tour of Wilkinson Boulevard.[/QUOTE]

lol. now is this better or worse than independence these days. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Iron9er;435846]I’ve always heard that uptown cabaret is pretty this time of year.[/QUOTE]

beats me… but the sweet “hotel” nextdoor with the heart shaped beds and bathtubs is already on the to-do list.

I heard Eastland Mall is nice this time of year, with the foliage and everything.

Take her to Idlewild Apartments on Cedars East. Tell her its where they filmed The Wire.

I doubt anyone could really tell the difference.

Has anyone taken a ride around the Lazy Five in Mooresville?

Dilworth/Freedom Park area

[QUOTE=lake49er;435868]Has anyone taken a ride around the Lazy Five in Mooresville?[/QUOTE]

off 150? driven by there a number of times, but never stopped. was always too eager to get to the lake.

[QUOTE=lake49er;435868]Has anyone taken a ride around the Lazy Five in Mooresville?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah dude the Lazy 5 ranch is awesome!

[QUOTE=Anborn;435871]off 150? driven by there a number of times, but never stopped. was always too eager to get to the lake.[/QUOTE]

Neat place, affordable, nothing fancy. Kind of like a zoo in the woods. Great for kids and animal lovers in general.

I was bit by a zebra there a couple of years ago. No big deal though - I was trying to feed him. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;435874]Neat place, affordable, nothing fancy. Kind of like a zoo in the woods. Great for kids and animal lovers in general.

I was bit by a zebra there a couple of years ago. No big deal though - I was trying to feed him. My daughter thought it was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

L5 is great… I was bit also but that was done by my girlfriend long story… no pun intended…