Charlotte @ Fordham Postgame

we won 69-62. We would have a great record if we only played teams with 200+rpi.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320352230

Mayfield 9-11 at the FT line. who would have guessed that. and I think I saw he is 20-25 FT over the past 3 games. He needs to give Henry some pointers.

Henry needs to take more pull up jumpers around the free throw line like he did at the beginning of the year. seems his shot selection is getting worse. 0-6 FG and 2-6 FT is pretty bad

JB needs to be more selfish with the ball and the coaches need to run plays for him. No reason why he shouldn’t be getting 10+ shots a game.

A pretty solid team effort and got some play from T WILL and Nickerson. But we still make too many dumb turnovers. We gave the ball away 16 times today. and how many travels did we have? The refs were travel happy, damn!

Whats the story on Green? still in the dog house eh.

as long as we make the a10 tourney so i win a $50 bet.

Man, didn’t even know we had a game. Shows how far we’ve fallen.

Derrio is now the wicked witch buried under the dog house. Not sure what the deal is, but he better fix it if he wants to contribute anymore.

Twill’s stock is exploding while Evic’s has plummeted. Henry is plateauing, but that is probably a result of his injury.

Braswell and Mayfield played great and that resulted in less touches for JB, but alas WE WON!

Williams showed some good things.

Good game from Mayfield.

We are on our way to making the A-10 Tourney.

I thought T WILL was going to be more of a SG coming in for some reason. Wasn’t there info on him being a good 3pt shooter? He’s 1-10 for the season but mostly becuase he will take one a game and miss. I hope he works on his shot in the off season. We could get so much more from him if he at least is a outside threat. He has a good inside game and a smart passer it looks like.

We won. ;D I gotta give Mayfield credit. I was pretty disgusted with his early season shooting. He has improved his shot and especially his FTs. We won. ;D

Saw a lot of good stuff. Saw a lot of bad stuff. Makes sense why we are .500. Good to get a road A10 win against a tough home opponent. If you would like to say that are not tough they are 8-2 and beat Harvard who has two losses all year. Hopefully gives us some more confidence going into URI game.

Troll

26 Minutes for T Will and played most of the 2nd half in place of Briscoe. Good to see, he should be starting the rest of the season in place of Briscoe and leave Henry/Mayfield bring up the ball to midcourt.

Mayfields FT’s have improved a ton, but saying his “shooting” has improved is false. He was 4-14 from the field. And I think it was 0-2 from 3’s.

If he can improve his shooting when we see him next year and keep a 65%+ FT% he will be a very solid player and fun to watch his last 2 years.

Mayfields FT’s have improved a ton, but saying his “shooting” has improved is false. He was 4-14 from the field. And I think it was 0-2 from 3’s.

If he can improve his shooting when we see him next year and keep a 65%+ FT% he will be a very solid player and fun to watch his last 2 years.[/quote]

there were a couple times where he missed 2-3 put backs and kept getting his misses and going back up with it until he made it. I’d say he was more like 4-10.

The beer will taste better tonight

Sorry, it still counts. Hit the layup or dunk the first time and that will be improvement.

Fordham isn’t a great team, but they’re better than they used to be and also better than they were early season when they were losing to really bad teams (they have a lot of freshmen playing big minutes too). I expected the Niners to win, but it wasn’t a given.

I thought the difference in the game was the switch to zone partway through the 2nd half. After another uninspiring start to the 2nd half, Niners go zone, they can’t hit from outside, and the momentum changes completely. Niners pulled ahead and held off their runs.

Mayfield is officially a good ft shooter now. 9-11, including some big ones late in the game when Fordham was trying to come back. Huge game from him. The only negative in this game were the turnovers (a number of them were questionable calls when they were knocking our players and refs called Niners for a walk) and the fact that Henry seemed out of sorts late in the game (but was still making some nice passes).

Briscoe hit his 3’s, which is what we need from him (though I’d still like to see a few plays to set him up for long 2 pointers). Williams had a good game too.

The schedule has set up an opportunity for a run to end the season. Two really tough games (at Dayton and Xavier) and the rest are winnable (though at Richmond will be tough). 7-9 is about where I think we’ll end up, barring anymore injuries to key players. We’ll see though.

According to the box Mayfield also had 14 boards! Strong day for him and Bras down low…both with double doubles

Was a bit worried with Bras tweaked his ankle, but it seemed to be fine as he came back and played well after.

why wait until tonight?

Anybody have a clue as to what was up Pecora’s ass at the end?

Was wondering the same thing. He was probably telling Major to shave his damn head.

Naw, that’s just former walk-ons.