"Charlotte is in for a world of shock this year"

From our “friends” at the St. Joe’s message board…

[b]Charlotte is in for a world of shock this year.[/b]
[b]I believe that article does talk about NCC will be heading to a different kind of road arena now...places like the Fieldhouse, Rose Hill, Reilly Center, et al.. That might give them fits for a little while.[/b]
[b]I think Charlotte will suffer from an entire year of the unknown. It will seem like an entire year of OOC basketball. Every team, coach, city, and arena will be unfamiliar to them. The coaching staff will have to breakdown every player on every team without previous years’ knowledge. That gets old fast. [/b]

Hawk Forum: Welcome UNC-Charlotte

UNC-Charlotte! :o :angry: :ticked: :cuss:

actullay thats not a bad point about it being like a “whole year of OOC games.” playing in a new arena against an unfamiliar team is never easy, and we will be doing it all season

That poster makes some good points.

None of those venues will be any tougher though than playing at The Shoe, Carbondale, Minges, or Freedom Hall. Breaking down each new player and each offense and defense that they run will take more time, but that’s what we pay our coaches to do. Most of our conference road trips will be shorter, and all but one (SLU) will be in the same time zone. I think it will balance out in the end as far as all the preparation and pre-game stuff goes.

The only thing that concerns me is whether or not Lutz fields a disciplined team this year.

Well said ATL. That too is my biggest concern that this team plays like a team on the court and stays out of trouble off the court. If you play like a team then it seems harder to be distracted at these “new” arenas.

i think the people who have made that post are incredibly retarded. we’ve been scheduling home and away A10 games for the last 10 years. So i don’t see a huge problem with us playing in a “unfamiliar” venue. I highly doubt that we’ll blow out every team but this St. Joes poster fails to realize that we are a very talented team this year and nothing will be able to stop us from out goal of winning the A10 season title and potentially winning the A10 Tourney. No one will know how we did until march so i say Charlotte should bring it day in and day out like they have never brought it before and then we’ll see who everyone hates in the conference. I’m ready for some tough challenges in the games ahead. I also want some entertaining games, which each one of these team will receive when they receive the “class A” treatment from all the niner fans when they step onto our court. Remember most of these teams are going to misjudge how talented we are. Everyone thinks we lost a lot at defense and what not. But DeAngelo is a decent defender along with jerrell jameson and lewis. Antwon the beast coleman is a great shot blocker and a good rebounder. i mean we are going to be a top knotch team next year and everyone fasten your seatbelts because the Niners are about to strike gold and frekin fly.

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Aug 12 2005, 02:31 PM [b] i think the people who have made that post are incredibly retarded. we've been scheduling home and away A10 games for the last 10 years. So i don't see a huge problem with us playing in a "unfamiliar" venue. I highly doubt that we'll blow out every team but this St. Joes poster fails to realize that we are a very talented team this year and nothing will be able to stop us from out goal of winning the A10 season title and potentially winning the A10 Tourney. No one will know how we did until march so i say Charlotte should bring it day in and day out like they have never brought it before and then we'll see who everyone hates in the conference. I'm ready for some tough challenges in the games ahead. I also want some entertaining games, which each one of these team will receive when they receive the "class A" treatment from all the niner fans when they step onto our court. Remember most of these teams are going to misjudge how talented we are. Everyone thinks we lost a lot at defense and what not. But DeAngelo is a decent defender along with jerrell jameson and lewis. Antwon the beast coleman is a great shot blocker and a good rebounder. i mean we are going to be a top knotch team next year and everyone fasten your seatbelts because the Niners are about to strike gold and frekin fly. [/b]
I agree. Also Basketball is basketball, it doesn't vary that much. When we got the draw of NC State it wasn't like a big scare that we had never seen a their style offense, they played similar to yale, davidson and indiana. Also we have played in some pretty tough venues before that were ooc, southern illinois. Will we go undefeated, of course not,we always have a hiccup, but so will everyone else and i think we will come out on top. Nobody knew who eddie was until last year and we were still picked to do very well. And i've said it i dont know how many times, whatever Defense we lost in him leaving, we picked up by plavich not being on the floor. We will have a senior PG, with a second year guy that i believe could take his spot. The competition for who will get minutes at the 2G will be great. Drayton looks like a beast, and i hope he gained some confidence and some balls after a year of D-1, which is common in JUCO's. Withers is just a plain freak and will play the PF position all season b/c we dont have iti's 5 fouls a game giving the other team an easy 5-10 points and causing nance and withers to gain extra fouls due to more minutes.

Also for the niner stuff at bedbathandbeyond in concord mills visit myteamstuff.com. However, i suggest supporting BedBathandBeyond ao that they will continue to bring in niner gear.

yeah; the niner’s will never know what hit them.

be afraid. be very afraid.

i thought you guys might pick up “big deli” just to have him available to clobber xavier.

nothin like entering the new league with a target on your back. looks like we’re getting lots of respect from the other teams. i wonder how many teams will consider us their “big game”.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Aug 12 2005, 09:58 PM [b] nothin like entering the new league with a target on your back. looks like we're getting lots of respect from the other teams. i wonder how many teams will consider us their "big game". [/b]
I was thinking about that myself with all the "love" we're getting from the other contenders in the A-10. Not sure if we'll be the "big game" on the schedule, but we'll be the new team that most opponent's fans will want to see play due to our recent successes and our All-American candidate. If we whip some @$$ this year in the A-10, then we will become the big game for several teams.
[b]QUOTE I believe that article does talk about NCC will be heading to a different kind of road arena now...places like the Fieldhouse, Rose Hill, Reilly Center, et al.. That might give them fits for a little while. [/b]

Unless those place have ice under the floor, we should be fine. I’m not buying that this places will gave us a problem…we can play in a CMS gym or Queens gym(which is about the same thing) and have about the same result. Talent players can play anywhere.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er+Aug 12 2005, 10:16 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (X-49er @ Aug 12 2005, 10:16 PM)