Charlotte Named Best Place to Live!

I just want to point out that Saratoga Springs, NY is also on the list :biggrin:
Not that I’m biased or anything…

I just want to point out that Saratoga Springs, NY is also on the list :biggrin: Not that I'm biased or anything...

Hmmm, not that I am biased or anything, but ummmm, my hometown is number 1, so I thumb my nose at you.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;320258]Hmmm, not that I am biased or anything, but ummmm, my hometown is number 1, so I thumb my nose at you.[/QUOTE]

stop trying to sound like a myers park or providence student!!!

stop trying to sound like a myers park or providence student!!!

GEEZ, I wish! I went to Hopewell, the New Jersey of CMS.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;320261]GEEZ, I wish! I went to Hopewell, the New Jersey of CMS.[/QUOTE]

if you are basing it off of smell i’d say South Meck would take the cake since it is about 5 miles from a dump.

I just want to point out that Saratoga Springs, NY is also on the list :biggrin: Not that I'm biased or anything...

home of the university of new york at saratoga springs?

stop trying to sound like a myers park or [U][B]providence[/B][/U] student!!!
hater :shades:

[QUOTE=dax;320263]if you are basing it off of smell i’d say South Meck would take the cake since it is about 5 miles from a dump.[/QUOTE]

what you may be smelling at South Meck is the McAlpine Water Treatment plant. It ****s up the Ballantyne and Carolina place areas almost nightly during the summer. Why anyone would pay such a high amount to live in Ballantyne and smell **** for half the year is beyond my comprehension. It’s a nice area for sure, but if I were going to spend 400,000+ on a house, I wouldn’t want to smell **** every time I stepped outside in the evening hours.

Yup, I work over here in ballantyne and the morning s***- cloud always rolls in off the moors. Does anyone know where that Forbes article is that ranks us as one of the most miserable cities? Cause I rank Steve Forbes as one of the most miserable canidates ever, and generally unpleasant to look at, suffers from Ross Perot disease (I have money, why not?).

Found the Forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/01/29/detroit-stockton-flint-biz-cz_kb_0130miserable.html

Seems we were being judged by different criteria, including taxes (agree) commute times (485 un-huh, agree) Violent crime (hopefully being fixed) and unemployment (says it increased 50% but still seems to be light nationally.) and even below average on the weather, but I find that unfair considering we don’t have a drought every summer, people move here specifically for the temperate climate. All in all there are things to fix but not too much to complain about, IMO.