Charlotte Radio Ratings

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/14559837%20.htm

WFNZ comes in at a solid 16th in the Charlotte market. Their ratings from last winter are down 14%. Not really #1 in the city like Pack proclaims. Someone email this to him.

96.1 has got to be the shittiest station in Charlotte, hands down.

Not even top AM station…kinda suprising.

[QUOTE=casstommy;173400]Not even top AM station…kinda suprising.[/QUOTE]

Not suprising to me with WBT being here.

I guess I mean that to listen to Packer…all that knucklehead talks about is how great the station is…

Looks like one of the spanish stations might overtake WFNZ by the time the next rankings are released. Keep up the good work Fudge!

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/14559837%20.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/14559837%20.htm[/URL]

WFNZ comes in at a solid 16th in the Charlotte market. Their ratings from last winter are down 14%. Not really #1 in the city like Pack proclaims. Someone email this to him.

That jackass will just say they’re the number one sports talk show in Charlotte, forgetting of course they’re the only one.:rolleyes:

How many radio station are there in Charlotte?

I bet WBT is #1 during football season.

All of your radio stations blow, that’s why I have XM.

[QUOTE=fsquid;173419]All of your radio stations blow, that’s why I have XM.[/QUOTE]

Uh, oh, I never thought I’d agree on ANYTHING with a Memphis fan…but ALL OF Charlotte radio (AM, FM, news, talk, whatever…) blows hard.

Bob and Tom mornings
Packman/Jason Lewis on the way home, i think that QCB is funny and the whiner line is great. Jason Lewis is okay to listen to, i am conservative but sometimes i really disagree with him. any other time its mostly 106.5. I dont think its the charlotte radio stations as much as I think music nowadays sucks all around, nothing like it was 10 years ago.

96.1 and 97.9 both blow. i was shocked to see hot jams and phat new flavor as number 1, God this city is ghetto.

There are a few good stations, but they’re not that list (and hopefully, they never will be, lest they are gobbled up by Clear Channel/Infinity)

If I was 96.1 I would switch to a spanish station. They would take all of Radio Lider and Tremenda’s audience because of their clear signal. They’d be number 1 hands down.

Hmm… I wonder why Power 98 is #1. Hmm… I really wonder…

106.5, you blow. Please stop selling out.

[Edit]
I just thought of something: What kind of cracked out city is this where we dont have an oldies station? Seriously. How can you not have an oldies station?? I thought for sure there would be a station to replace Magic 96.1. Thats whats wrong with people today. No one knows what good music is.:ticked:

East Charlotte has a hard time getting it, but WFNZ 88.7 is a good mix of Americana, bluegrass, rock, blues, jazz. WNCW has NPR news breaks so conservatives will want to stay away.

I’d love to get Sirius but have no money. I am but a lowly college student. How could I pay for radio when I can barely can afford my books! Indeed, it is a sorry situation.

I used to LOVE John Boy and Billy. I remember being on campus and going to the breakfast of champions they used to host at the sandwhich construction company during race weeks. Alas when they become mega syndicated they took a serious nose dive. Charlotte radio must be doing something right to have Ace and TJ, Bob and Sheri and John Boy and Billy all syndicated through out the east coast, but it does not mean I really enjoy it. I do agree that 96.1 and 97.9 suck, but if you think about it almost 100% of the African American population listens to one of those stations. The rest of the population splits between all the other choices. That right that puts those two stations up top. If there was only ONE rock station and one country station it would look a little different.

Get an iPod.[URL=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:4aZxcLnwXkZ0YM:www.arthurslade.com/vault/podcasts_001.gif]/[/URL]