Charlotte ranked #24

Bobby Lutz is riding high in Charlotte, coming off of consecutive NCAA tournament berths and with a roster full of returning talent. The 49ers move from Conference USA to the Atlantic 10 this season, and while teams like George Washington won’t go down without a fight, Charlotte has to be considered the favorites heading into the season.

The team’s star power comes in the form of Curtis Withers, a versatile and rugged combo forward. He has the size and strength to play down low, but is just as comfortable using his soft touch and developed skill on the outside. Withers was one of the top performers on the US team this summer in Argentina. He is joined by Oklahoma transfer DeAngelo Alexander, who is expected to be the team’s primary perimeter scoring threat. Alexander flashed star potential under Kelvin Sampson, but an underdeveloped offensive arsenal and a steady rash of injuries have kept his explosiveness in check…

(more)

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1092

dx?

dax?

dx = Draft Express
dax = idiot

Does anybody else think that Illinois might be a little overated also? I mean…I just don’t see how you lose the talent they lost and still be in the top 25. Augustine is a bum!!!

Illinois’s Augustine played like a major bum in the final 4. However, he was a big big part of why they got there. He averaged double-double in the post season (including the big10 tourney) except for the 2 games in the final 4. I think they could struggle in some games but Dee Brown is a special player.

They pick GW #20…

[b][b]#20: George Washington[/b]

The Colonials took a major step forward last season, becoming media darlings after upsetting Michigan State and Maryland in the preseason, and then reaching the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years. With four of five starters returning and a couple of other players more than capable of starring in the A-10, George Washington looks primed to fight it out with newcomer Charlotte for the conference championship.

No team in the conference has a better group of returnees, with Carl Elliot and JR Pinnock leading the way in the backcourt. Both are explosive athletes capable of putting points on the board in a hurry. Pinnock in particular looks ready to explode, but the number of offensive options on this team may keep him under the radar for at least one more season. The frontcourt will be anchored by Omar Williams, Mike Hall, and the returned Pops Mensah-Bonsu. Hall and Mensah-Bonsu both found a lukewarm reception when they declared for the draft, but are impact college level players.

As far as new contributions, sophomore Maureece Rice is slated to step in for the departed TJ Thompson as a scoring guard. Rice is Philadelphia’s all-time leading prep scorer, and should make Karl Hobbs’ high-octane offensive system that much more potent. The key newcomer is LSU transfer Regis Koundjia, a highly sought prep recruit. He’s got NBA size and athleticism, and could develop into a star if he gets his head into place and GW can coach him up to it.

If we are judging off of individual talent alone, it’s hard to imagine the Colonials outside of the top 25. There isn’t a team in the conference that has the star power of this group’s seven man rotation. However, GW didn’t always play up to their potential during the A-10 slate last season. Like many teams that attempt to play a fast-paced style, problems with taking care of the ball, shooting too quickly, and defensive focus made nearly every game an adventure for Colonial fans. This team now has another year of experience under its belt, but needs to show a bit more consistency before they are truly capable of making a big splash in March.[/b]

DraftExpress.com: NCAA Preseason Top 40: #11-20

The A10 is gonna be a tough league to win, I hope we can do it…

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 10:28 AM [b] dx = Draft Express dax = idiot [/b]
preciate the compliment. hooligan = panties in a twist.