Charlotte 'secretly' 1-0

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

I’m SO psyched.

[SIZE=4]OH NOES! THE SECRET IS OUT! :scared:[/SIZE]

I'm SO psyched.
Helllllsss motha truckin yea!!!:49ers:

I’m really pleased to hear that we were strong inside. This will be key this season.

I was working in the SAC this morning and let a few guys in from UNCW…I KNEW IT!

just think…they didnt even have to deal with a ruckus halton crowd…

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UNCW’s senior big men muscled our guys around last year, pretty much winning the scrimmage. I think we won 1 out of 3 periods. They won 20 games and were a pretty good team. They lost some of those big guys so it is as expected we’d handle them but great to hear nonetheless.

We have to rebound better this year and get easy baskets. If that happens, we’ll have a great year. Looking forward to Thursday.

oops

The 49ers should have absolutely dominated the boards. UNCW lost all of their inside game. One starter, soph guard Chad Tomko (Independence) returns. They have one senior, with 8 sophmores and freshmen.

Freshman Will O’Huaregbe (6-8, 230) did not play due to an injury. The other big guy is and freshman Brad Bald. The tallest player, 6-10, is a walk-on and not much help. It pretty much leaves the Seahawks with 6-7 Dominique Lacy to play the middle and that is a stretch for him at 210 pounds on a good day.

No surprise here, but I’m glad too hear we played as expected. I’m ready for the regular season.

Star News (Wilimington, I think) story on the secret scrimmage…

[URL]http://blogs.starnewsonline.com/default.asp?item=2280538[/URL]

Phil Jones continued his strong preseason play in the post.
F*CK YEAH!

Oops, gotLutz has already posted the link.

I have high hopes of Coleman…who does he compare to with the ball? Is he Galen Young athletic? Zimmerman? How is his jumper?

Is it wrong for me to want to see some parallels with that Galen Young/KP team (99-00?)

It’s probably asking a bit much to expect that kind of play from Phil/Gaby/etc in the post, but that team managed to win without having a standout star, or a ton of shooters (Diego and a very young Jobey).

I dont have a media guide or a stat site handy, but it seems like our lineup that year was:

C - Kelvin Price
F’s - Tremaine Gardner / James Zimmerman / Galen Young
G’s - Diego / Jobey / Kedric Smith

That team beat people with defensive effort, execution, and tenacity. They won 4 in 4 to take the CUSA tournament crown. I think that was also #45’s team too.

I haven’t seen enough of this team to really make the comparison, but I just have a hunch they’re similar.

I’m looking forward to Thursday to get a first hand look at the new guys.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;356117]Is it wrong for me to want to see some parallels with that Galen Young/KP team (99-00?)

It’s probably asking a bit much to expect that kind of play from Phil/Gaby/etc in the post, but that team managed to win without having a standout star, or a ton of shooters (Diego and a very young Jobey).

I dont have a media guide or a stat site handy, but it seems like our lineup that year was:

C - Kelvin Price
F’s - Tremaine Gardner / James Zimmerman / Galen Young
G’s - Diego / Jobey / Kedric Smith

That team beat people with defensive effort, execution, and tenacity. They won 4 in 4 to take the CUSA tournament crown. I think that was also #45’s team too.

I haven’t seen enough of this team to really make the comparison, but I just have a hunch they’re similar.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the 98-99 team. We may match their defensive intensity from that team, but this years’s team has no where near the scoring that team did.

I think that is the 98-99 team. We may match their defensive intensity from that team, but this years's team has no where near the scoring that team did.

I was going to say the same thing. This year’s team will be a beast on defense, but we have no diego or jobey type shooter.

I was going to say the same thing. This year's team will be a beast on defense, but we have no diego or jobey type shooter.

That we know of…yet:wink: