Charlotte to add Women's Lacrosse for 2024-25 šŸ„

I would add that in general Discord is less discoverable and not search engine indexable. Discourse on the other hand isnā€™t an app platform, at least at the moment.

Itā€™s not Discord, but the chat we have now is better than anything we had before. Discourse continues to develop it because they themselves are in competition with the discords of the world. Neither platform is perfect. Discord wants to add some forum capabilities and Discourse wants to have more real time chat.

I do what I can here and really appreciate the admins who help make this site what it is.

7 Likes

The locker room space is what will be needed pretty soon. I believe the softball clubhouse is about to start construction soon. That will free up some room in the Wells Fargo Fieldhouse. Lacrosse rosters look to be a little larger than softball rosters though. Hopefully baseball clubhouse will be soon after that.

That would leave M & W Soccer & Lacrosse in the Well Fargo Fieldhouse. Complete those renovations and/or expansion. Then I would think the soccer/lacrosse stadium would be built. The lacrosse team will play its games at the football stadium until the soccer/lacrosse facility is built.

4 Likes

Thanks for that Mr B.

Iā€™m trying to manifest getting that LAX / Soccer stadium built, for selfish reasons (:soccer: fan).

1 Like

I swear that building does not look big enough to house everything it has over the years.

It certainly appears like a tight fit in there now.

As you know, the baseball coaching staff moved their offices up to the suites at the Hayes to give the players a little more room.

Iā€™m ready for the players to move out and give them even more room. :sunglasses:

What time of year does WLAX play, anyway?

WLAX is a spring sport, typically late January-May.

1 Like

I guess we will be starting Spring of 25 and players will be coming in next year to practice as redshirts like football.

Didnā€™t know ECU started lacrosse in 2018. Should be a good rivalry among 2 fairly new programs in the AAC.

That should be a good series. I like the staff weā€™ve put together. We pretty much gutted the staff at Queens.

Does Queens lacrosse now consider themselves Charlotteā€™s D1 WLAX program?

1 Like

There is a lot of value in Queens MENS Lax being only 1 of 4 Div 1 teams in NC.

The Niners WLAX unis look great. I like the green/white. I am in the use less gold camp (except for football helmets).

2 Likes
3 Likes

And Umps standing there didnā€™t even declare an illegal pitch! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:

2 Likes

Only the 2nd best ceremonial 1st pitch of the weekend!! :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteWLAX/status/1676626494523838465

4 Likes