Charlotte to BCA Invitational...

Not sure why anyone is questioning the makeup of the field. Just go back and look at last year’s BCA tourneys at NC State and Marquette. Heavy on the cupcakes then as well… :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Aug 8 2005, 08:13 AM [b] We will get into a "name" tournament as soon as we make it out of the first round. [/b]
Getting to the Sweet 16 will open many more doors for us, it's unreal. Until then, we're just one of about 200+ teams of no significant, recent distinction. I, for one, am tired of it, but understand it now.

From reading the Mountain West preview on ESPN.com, if we don’t win this tourney, we’re in for a long season…

[b]How much will be expected of Wyoming senior forward Justin Williams? Consider: [b]The Cowboys lose 55.1 points, 19.5 rebounds and 8.2 assists from last season's starting lineup. [/b]Williams, the league's defensive player of the year as a junior, is the lone returning starter. He is coming off averages of 8.9 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks, the latter ranking him among the top 10 nationally.[/b]
Link: [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2126141]ESPN.com[/url]

BCA brackets listed with Wyoming’s 2005-06 schedule:

University of Wyoming Announces 2005-06 Men’s Basketball Schedule

November 13, Charlotte vs. Coppin State, 8:00 PM (EST)
November 14, Charlotte vs. Lehigh or Northwestern, 8:00 PM (EST)
November 15, Charlotte vs. Wyoming, Alabama State, Butler, or UNCW, 10:00 PM (EST)

Of course, I’m assuming we’re making it the championship game! :lol:

BTW, love this from the announcement…

[b]Among the eight teams competing in this year's event will be 2005 NCAA Tournament participant Charlotte, perennial NCAA Tournament team Butler University and Northwestern University from the Big Ten Conference.[/b]
Butler?!!! Geez... :rolleyes: