charlotte to copy duke

there is a possiblity that the new name of the student section is going to “Halton Houligans” that is worst name possible sounds too much like duke and plus nobody likes the name anyway so e-mail bridgette wright @ bewright@uncc.edu she is head of the sports marketing ass. and let her know that we do not want to be call the houligans and keep niner nation and lets make all gold student shirts i don;t think anybody else in the counrty has a all gold student section its something different to look at on tv

WE ARE CHARLOTTE!!!
BEAT CINCY

Can we please keep all the “fan name” topics within the same thread please?

And good luck pushing for an all gold section considering how hard everyone has been fighting for all green for the last several years. And gold is not a good look for attire unless you’re a gymnast. :stuck_out_tongue:

A gymnast?! :lmao: :smirk: This is true…good luck on the gold.

i have an idea. even if the name ends up being halton hooligans, i say we keep buying and selling as many NINER NATION shirts as possible, to try and keep us as NINER NATION

If people who are taking the votes came to the camp out, they would of seen how many people were wearing NINER NATION. even the bball players were decked out in it. Marcus could of easily worn any shirt, something must of gotten him to put it on top what he was wearing under it. Look around, the name is already here. Stick with it cause it’s only going to get bigger!

SERIOUSLY! VOICE YOUR OPINION OUTSIDE OF THE MESSAGE BOARD. THE EMAIL UP TOP IS WHO YOUR OPINION NEEDS TO BE HEARD BY!!! IT COULD BE THE DECIDING VOTE BETWEEN YOU WEARING A HOOLIGAN SHIRT OR BEING A PART OF NINER NATION!

hooligan homos sounds better than halton hooligans…

i have a NINER NATION shirt and no one will stop me from wearing it to games even when/if they change the name to “halton hooligans”!!! its NINER NATION DAMMIT!!!

[i]Originally posted by truninersfan[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 09:27 PM [b] ........i don;t think anybody else in the counrty has a all gold student section its something different to look at on tv

[/b]

There’s a tiny school located about 70 miles from our campus that has a student section wearing gold with just a little bit of black. You may have heard of them. The have 2 words to their name and the second word is “Forest”. Their fans are wearing more gold than ever this year. Of course, that always makes my green Charlotte 49er attire stand out even more.

Why would the school want to start calling us something else now that “NINER NATION” is starting to become well known? It makes no sense to me.

B)

I was at the wake dook game and the students kick ass…that place was rockin. I think it only holds a little less than 14K.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 10:59 PM [b] i have an idea. even if the name ends up being halton hooligans, i say we keep buying and selling as many NINER NATION shirts as possible, to try and keep us as NINER NATION [/b]
if we do that then we still be divided like we are now... i want "Niner Nation" too but prob best to get everybody to do the same thing

Go Niners

There are two things we all want:

1. To be unified
    2)To be called NINER NATION

There is huge talk about getting shirts together for next year. This year we have no pull with sponosrs left, pepsi threw down a butt load of money to sponsor the womens tourny, so they are out. maybe we can get nike, pepsi or dicks to do something like that for us next year. they pay for the shirts and we had them out to the students or sell them for $5 bucks and the money can go to the NINER NATION CHARITY.

Point is, we all want NINER NATION. it’s obvious to us. But noone else outside the message board is going to know that if we dont tell them. NINER NATION chants, NINER NATION signs, people painting NINER NATION on their chest to games, NINER NATION shirts, getting the band to wear NINER NATION

ANYONE KNOW THE ANNOUNCER?? CAN WE THROW HIM A NINER NATION SHIRT?

There is an email in the first post. That email is who you need to talk to. Her name is Bridgette and she wants to hear everyones voice. We are thinking of taking a vote at Cincy. Most people wont care and will mark whatever, and will most likely mark HOOLIGANS cause it sounds funny at first(Cincy fans will mark hooligans cause they wanna ruin our lives!) So make signs, posters, wear the shirts, start the chants, get people that aren’t on our message board to get behind NINER NATION.

WE ALL TALK ABOUT HOW BAD WE WANT IT TO BE NINER NATION AND NOT THE HOOLIGANS. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW INSTEAD OF WAITING TILL WE GET SCREWED OVER AND THEN COMPLAINING WE HAVE HOOLIGANS ON OUR CHEST!!!

TEAM ON THREE

1,2,3 TEAM

This is the email i sent to Mrs Wright about the name change here at Charlotte…
let me know what you guys think

Mrs. Wright

I have been reading alot about a new name change in the student section here at Charlotte. While i think that is a great idea for the school to get behind the name of a student section i hear the name for the section might be called “Halton Holigans” while this is a very creative name i think the name we already have pulls us together more and that name is “Niner Nation”. I would think that the school could sell shirts like this on campus before games and maybe throughout the year at the bookstore yearround. I am very glad that the school is getting behind involvement of the students more at Charlotte but if anyone that is in charge of this name chage would ahve been at the campout they would have seen many students wearing “Niner Nation” shirts including one of our own players Marcus Bennett. Please give this some thought and Email me back with a response thanks so much

Anthony Kiger

[b]I think it only holds a little less than 14K. [/b]

14,665 in attendance last night. I seats about a thousand less than the Omni used to.

Halton Hooligans is retarded.

[i]Originally posted by 49erkiger[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 10:21 AM [b] if anyone that is in charge of this name chage would ahve been at the campout they would have seen many students wearing "Niner Nation" shirts including one of our own players Marcus Bennett. [/b]
so very true. I saw a guy name Anthony at the video game tourny. He is with SMA also. Other than that, I didnt see many head officals. No SGA, nothing. If anyone had picutres of marcus, Iti or Basden wearing the shirts, send them in the email. keep fighting cause i am a niner, not a hooligan
[i]Originally posted by OriginalNinerNation1+Feb 3 2005, 02:07 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (OriginalNinerNation1 @ Feb 3 2005, 02:07 PM)

Are there any green Niner Nation shirts to be had anymore? Where can I get one?

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 02:56 PM [b] Are there any green Niner Nation shirts to be had anymore? Where can I get one? [/b]
i would also like to have like 2 of them anybody with info email me @jakiger@uncc.edu or just PM me

Kiger

PM Powerbait or OriginalNinerNation1, they are $10.

There are still hoodies left, but not many, and they are $20.