Charlotte vs. #1 UNC-Chapel Hill baseball today

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:19, topic:27747”]Very true. Shive was probably our best returning power hitter from last year. It will be really nice to have him back. He also wants to contribute on the mound as well.

Creech will fill in nicely at SS next year.[/quote]

Promises to be a very interesting Fall for Niner baseball. A lot of possibilities leading up to the '14 season.

I might even be willing to pay admission to see some of those Fall games.

I just found saying this team wouldn’t be competitive in C-USA to be rather stating the obvious…but, whatever.[/quote]
Of course it was stating the obvious. I never claimed to be offering any groundbreaking, earth-shattering analysis, but if you wanna go all reflexive-asshole on me, that’s cool too. Because clearly I know NOTHING about the Charlotte baseball program. (snort)

Very true. Shive was probably our best returning power hitter from last year. It will be really nice to have him back. He also wants to contribute on the mound as well.

Creech will fill in nicely at SS next year.[/quote]

And don’t forget that kid that’s transferring from South Carolina. Michael Hill I believe?

ah yes, Mikal Hill from Miami-Dade JC.

I’ve heard he is supposed to be pretty decent.

Haven’t heard anything about the SC transfer got any info on that?

They are a pretty solid program so getting transfers from there is solid.

[quote=“shaqots, post:25, topic:27747”]Haven’t heard anything about the SC transfer got any info on that?

They are a pretty solid program so getting transfers from there is solid.[/quote]

.346 Batting average
127AB 44 H
12 2B
3 3B
28 Runs, 21RBI
.424 OBP

Found on: http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?sid=7&collegeid=1364&category=Roster&slid=3&teamid=122224&athleteid=367529

[quote=“shaqots, post:25, topic:27747”]Haven’t heard anything about the SC transfer got any info on that?

They are a pretty solid program so getting transfers from there is solid.[/quote]

Mikal Hill, went the Juco route.

http://www.qcitymetro.com/news/articles/mikal_hill_is_a_natural_talent080334879.cfm

good story on Mr Hill.

Too bad we couldn’t have gotten Kirk Morgan (will be freshman in Fall at ECU) from that team.

Talented kid, plus as a bonus, Morgan’s father has the ability to be Uh Huh Guy on steroids.

I just found saying this team wouldn’t be competitive in C-USA to be rather stating the obvious…but, whatever.[/quote]
Of course it was stating the obvious. I never claimed to be offering any groundbreaking, earth-shattering analysis, but if you wanna go all reflexive-asshole on me, that’s cool too. Because clearly I know NOTHING about the Charlotte baseball program. (snort)[/quote]

Don’t worry about it TF. Lot of new blood on here that have no clue about Old Skool members and what they bring to program and school and qulifies thier posts. The watching games online should have clued him in a little.

Of course it was stating the obvious. I never claimed to be offering any groundbreaking, earth-shattering analysis, but if you wanna go all reflexive-asshole on me, that’s cool too. Because clearly I know NOTHING about the Charlotte baseball program. (snort)[/quote]

Don’t worry about it TF. Lot of new blood on here that have no clue about Old Skool members and what they bring to program and school and qulifies thier posts. The watching games online should have clued him in a little.[/quote]

Oh, how terrible of me. Should have known someone watching online has greater perspective than the years I have spent watching from the lower level reserved seats of Hayes Stadium.

Maybe I should stay home and watch online to gain proper insight.

I believe TF watched some from the press box as well if he is who I think he is.

You are correct.
I hate pissing contests about who knows more than who, or who’s a bigger fan than who… but damn I cannot imagine there is a more knowledgeable Niner baseball fan out there than TF.

good story on Mr Hill.

Too bad we couldn’t have gotten Kirk Morgan (will be freshman in Fall at ECU) from that team.

Talented kid, plus as a bonus, Morgan’s father has the ability to be Uh Huh Guy on steroids.[/quote] Take a close look at UH HUH. Clearly he’s never been on steroids. :wink: so that would be new.

Don’t worry about it TF. Lot of new blood on here that have no clue about Old Skool members and what they bring to program and school and qulifies thier posts. The watching games online should have clued him in a little.[/quote]

Oh, how terrible of me. Should have known someone watching online has greater perspective than the years I have spent watching from the lower level reserved seats of Hayes Stadium.

Maybe I should stay home and watch online to gain proper insight.[/quote]

Hold up your watches, fellas… it’s getting deep in here.

Hold up your watches, fellas… it’s getting deep in here.[/quote]

One thing is for certain: UNCcH has a damn good baseball team. 40-3. damn good.

[quote=“Crusader, post:30, topic:27747”]Oh, how terrible of me. Should have known someone watching online has greater perspective than the years I have spent watching from the lower level reserved seats of Hayes Stadium.

Not sure why you’re being so hostile.

Hostile? I’ve been laughing thru this whole conversation

Crusader, you do know UNCCTF used to announce our baseball games, don’t you? And he did a damn fine job too.

One losing season last year, and a so-so season this year, & we want to give up on Cusa baseball. Y’all are some bad fans.

http://pickaxedigest.com/2013/04/25/charlotte-49ers-battle-for-the-carolinas/