Charlotte VS GW ESPN2 MARCH 1st 7pm

[QUOTE=HP49er;219750]I’d forgotten about sitting in that spinny tunnel thing all that time waiting to leave.[/QUOTE]

That’s ok. As soon as we drop back to the SoCon we’ll get to sit in traffic behind all 44 cars leaving Elon Gymnasium.

Sorry to get off topic.

I agree with 49er1. I think we beat them in Halton this year in front of the loudest crowd of the season.

Will anybody be able or willing to record the game? I would like to see the game after I have been to it. Please please please!

Gill, you know I’ll be recording it.

I’ll have my mom DVR it back home as well.

in that case I have nothing to worry about.

I think I heard Bobby say the Seniors will be honored AFTER the GW game. I think it’s because of having so many seniors (7 total team members) and playing on TV. Would throw off the warmups. So if true, everyone needs to stick around after the game.

Yes, senior night is at the GW game and NOT St. Bonna. Due to attendance, spring break, and families of seniors.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;220161]Yes, senior night is at the GW game and NOT St. Bonna. Due to attendance, spring break, and families of seniors.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was already reported that Senior day will be the GW game. My point is the ceremony will be AFTER the game. I don’t think that has been made official by the Ath dept, though. It doesn’t specify on charlotte49ers.com.

I think doing it after the game is a bad idea. I know with the TV deal and all it will be hard to do it before the GW tipoff, but it’s not fair to the players to do it after. If we don’t win the crowd will be leaving in a hurry if they already hadn’t, and the parents with little ones and the out-of-towners will be heading out also. If we can’t do it before the game, I think we should wait until Saturday. The attendance for the St Bonny game may be less than GW, but I think more people will be there before the ST Bonny game than after the GW game.

[QUOTE=X-49er;220192]I think doing it after the game is a bad idea. I know with the TV deal and all it will be hard to do it before the GW tipoff, but it’s not fair to the players to do it after. If we don’t win the crowd will be leaving in a hurry if they already hadn’t, and the parents with little ones and the out-of-towners will be heading out also. If we can’t do it before the game, I think we should wait until Saturday. The attendance for the St Bonny game may be less than GW, but I think more people will be there before the ST Bonny game than after the GW game.[/QUOTE]
I agree. It was sad to see most of the crowd leave as soon as the women’s game was over on Sunday. Few stayed for the senior presentations.

[QUOTE=X-49er;220192]I think doing it after the game is a bad idea. I know with the TV deal and all it will be hard to do it before the GW tipoff, but it’s not fair to the players to do it after. If we don’t win the crowd will be leaving in a hurry if they already hadn’t, and the parents with little ones and the out-of-towners will be heading out also. If we can’t do it before the game, I think we should wait until Saturday. The attendance for the St Bonny game may be less than GW, but I think more people will be there before the ST Bonny game than after the GW game.[/QUOTE]

This is not the way to honor the seniors. Can you imagine if we get blown out (which is possible with this team), then the players have to come back onto the court and face about 1000 people that are still there.

Do it before the game. You still have a week to spread the word for everyone to get there early.

The problem with the women’s game was that practically the entire student section left to go get their tickets scanned and that took a while. By the time the line was mostly gone, Courtney was too. I thought that was kind of poorly planned, butI don’t know what could’ve been done to avoid it aside from doing the senior stuff before the game.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;220341]This is not the way to honor the seniors. Can you imagine if we get blown out (which is possible with this team), then the players have to come back onto the court and face about 1000 people that are still there.

Do it before the game. You still have a week to spread the word for everyone to get there early.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I’m afraid it might be the same way before the game as well. The game starts at 7:00 on a Thursday… we have a hard time getting people in there by 7:30 on weeknights, so I doubt it will be very full at 6:30.