Charlotte @ Xavier game stories, etc.

From the Big O (though the first piece not really a preview of tonight’s game)…

Charlotteobserver.com:

[b]For 49ers, reaching potential could be a big leap

Today’s Games: Carolinas teams in action[/b]

More…

CBSSports.com: Xavier vs. Charlotte

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;380435]
from cincinnati.com - “XU PROMISES TO TAKE 49ERS SERIOUSLY”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090128/SPT0102/901280348/1065[/QUOTE]

Wow. Not much else to say.

[QUOTE=run49er;380440]From the Big O (though the first piece not really a preview of tonight’s game)…

Charlotteobserver.com:

[b]For 49ers, reaching potential could be a big leap

Today’s Games: Carolinas teams in action[/b][/QUOTE]

Ahh, great to see this stuff finally. Thank you Mike P.

ahh wait a minute. Mike P. has nothing to do with the online version, so I’ve been told. I guess I need to thank the automated feed.

Thank you automated feed for the information.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;380447]Ahh, great to see this stuff finally. Thank you Mike P.

ahh wait a minute. Mike P. has nothing to do with the online version, so I’ve been told. I guess I need to thank the automated feed.

Thank you automated feed for the information.[/QUOTE]

Both stories also ran in the printed edition. Almost looked past the Phil Jones one.

Someone needs to tell Sports info the game is being shown on MASN, not CBS CS.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;380450]Both stories also ran in the printed edition. Almost looked past the Phil Jones one.

Someone needs to tell Sports info the game is being shown on MASN, not CBS CS.[/QUOTE]

They have it correct in the Preview. It appears games carried on CBS College Sports are not available online via Niner Network All Access.

GAME #19
Charlotte 49ers (6-12; 1-4) vs. #10/#10 Xavier (17-2; 5-0)
Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009; 7:30 p.m. ET
Cincinnati, Ohio; Cintas Center (10,250)
[B]TV: MASN (Brad Johansen; Steve Wolf)[/B]
Radio: WFNA 1660 (Matt Swierad)
Charlotte49ers.com Audio: Niner Network All-Access

Jim, or anyone else that would know… will Anjuan be playing tonight? We will need his D and rebounding badly.

Jim, or anyone else that would know.. will Anjuan be playing tonight? We will need his D and rebounding badly.

Why rush him back at all? Even if he could make that big of a difference by himself (he’s definitely not going to be the difference between winning and losing…maybe he helps us lose by 15 instead of 20)…beating Xavier does nothing for us.

If he has already re-aggravated it…shut him down for another couople of weeks (or the year). Seriously…we’re not playing for anything…why risk further injury when it literally means nothing?

Make sure he is 100% for next year.

They have it correct in the Preview. It appears games carried on CBS College Sports are not available online via Niner Network All Access.

GAME #19
Charlotte 49ers (6-12; 1-4) vs. #10/#10 Xavier (17-2; 5-0)
Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009; 7:30 p.m. ET
Cincinnati, Ohio; Cintas Center (10,250)
TV: MASN (Brad Johansen; Steve Wolf)
Radio: WFNA 1660 (Matt Swierad)
Charlotte49ers.com Audio: Niner Network All-Access

I just moved back to Charlotte. What channel is MASN here? I have TW Cable, thanks

I just moved back to Charlotte. What channel is MASN here? I have TW Cable, thanks

TWC doesn’t carry MASN (yet).

Why rush him back at all? Even if he could make that big of a difference by himself (he's definitely not going to be the difference between winning and losing....maybe he helps us lose by 15 instead of 20)....beating Xavier does nothing for us.

If he has already re-aggravated it…shut him down for another couople of weeks (or the year). Seriously…we’re not playing for anything…why risk further injury when it literally means nothing?

Make sure he is 100% for next year.

I will disagree. Defeating a top 10 team will ALWAYS be good for a program. I do agree with you about the risk to Wilderness though. I think that if it’s too much of a risk to him he shouldn’t play, because I doubt we could beat Xavier anyway. But if we did, it would do something for us. It would inspire us to play harder through the rest of the season and give the nation a positive look at our team.

Latest…

GoXavier.com: Men’s Basketball Game Still On Tonight

Anyone know if Channel Surfing or Justin TV will stream the game. Both of those sites are blocked here at my office.

TWC doesn't carry MASN (yet).

Then, is anyone watching the game somewhere close to Park Road and Woodlawn? Or know of where to view around here? I’ve got a 3 week old at home so won’t be venturing out too far.

I’m callin’ it. Niners blow out X.

:tumble:

[QUOTE=NinerLove;380607]Then, is anyone watching the game somewhere close to Park Road and Woodlawn? Or know of where to view around here? I’ve got a 3 week old at home so won’t be venturing out too far.[/QUOTE]
Seems like your best bet would be Picasso’s in Dilworth (1301 East Boulevard).

[QUOTE=N1NER;380562]Anyone know if Channel Surfing or Justin TV will stream the game. Both of those sites are blocked here at my office.[/QUOTE]

Don’t see it listed on either one of those sites. I guess us TWC people are out of luck.

Anyone think we have a shot tonight? I see that vegas has us 16 point dogs. Honestly, i don’t even think we can cover that. If Wilderness doesn’t play we probably lose by 20+ easy.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;380512]Why rush him back at all? Even if he could make that big of a difference by himself (he’s definitely not going to be the difference between winning and losing…maybe he helps us lose by 15 instead of 20)…beating Xavier does nothing for us.

Make sure he is 100% for next year.[/QUOTE]

AbsoLUTZly 100% correct.

If he’s not 100% shut him down. We’re going nowhere. Stress fractures need to heal and heal completely. If not they keep popping up. He’s only a sophmore, hopefully the next two years we’ll have a reason to play.

No reason to be a hero now.

[QUOTE=run49er;380617]Seems like your best bet would be Picasso’s in Dilworth (1301 East Boulevard).[/QUOTE]

That’s your best bet in South Charlotte. They will have it on. But it will be packed for the Duke-Wake game too.

That's your best bet in South Charlotte. They will have it on. But it will be packed for the Duke-Wake game too.

Thanks run and Niner. I used to go there about 10 years ago. Before that it was the Dilworth Brewing Company. They had good beer…