Chasen Campbell 6-8 C/F - 2009

While looking up stuff about Hunter McClintock, I found this little tidbit from Bob Gibbons…

Oak Hill’s prolific roster also features massive, 6-9. 300-pound, Sr. center Keith “Tiny” Gallon, from Houston, TX. Reportedly, Oklahoma is the present leader for Gallon, with Texas A&M, Tennessee, L.S.U., Arkansas, Mississippi State, and others still on his recruiting list. Versatile Top 100 rated 6-8 Sr. power/wing forward Glenn Bryant, Detroit, Mich. is a returning starter from last year. Senegal resident, 6-10 Jr. center, Baye Moussa Keita, is an intimidating shotblocker and rebounder. [b]Charlotte resident, 6-8 Sr. C/F Chasen Campbell, is being courted by Wake Forest, Charlotte, East Carolina, Appalachian State and others.[/b]

Link: BobGibbons.net

ESPN.com: Chasen Campbell

Oakhillhoops.com: Chasen Campbell 2007-2008 Player Profile

Oakhillhoops.com: Chasen Campbell - 2008-2009 Player Profile

While looking up stuff about Hunter McClintock, I found this little tidbit from Bob Gibbons...

ESPN.com: Chasen Campbell

Oakhillhoops.com: Chasen Campbell 2007-2008 Player Profile

Oakhillhoops.com: Chasen Campbell - 2008-2009 Player Profile

I looked through the box scores and his most productive game so far is 9 minutes and 4 points. He is a big boy though and I’ll trust judgment from Lutz and Gaudio over espn.com’s rating.

[QUOTE=jjc2004;372186]He is a big boy though and I’ll trust judgment from Lutz and Gaudio over espn.com’s rating.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, anytime you see a “40” rating on ESPN/Scout, that means the player has NOT been rated.

FWIW, anytime you see a "40" rating on ESPN/Scout, that means the player has NOT been rated.

Gotcha. I don’t usually look at espn’s recruiting stuff and I couldn’t find him on Scout.

FWIW, anytime you see a "40" rating on ESPN/Scout, that means the player has NOT been rated.

Wasn’t Iti the top rated by ESPN? So it’s not like they do a bang up job.

Wasn't Iti the top rated by ESPN? So it's not like they do a bang up job.

I believe ESPN had him ranked as the 8th overall prospect, regardless of position. So yeah, take their ratings with a grain of salt…

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;372216]Wasn’t Iti the top rated by ESPN? So it’s not like they do a bang up job.[/QUOTE]

I thought most recruiting sites had him near the top…

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;372348]I thought most recruiting sites had him near the top…[/QUOTE]

He was pretty much a top 30 prospect on all sites, just ESPN had him at top 10 or 5 status and I believe their #1 C prospect.

Just checked it, Iti was 30th overall on Scout.com and 6th best C prospect

AND

39th overall and 7th best C prospect on Rivals.

EDIT - Here you go, Scotty was right, 8th best overall for 03 and #1 C Prospect ahead of guys like Kendrick Perkins and David Padgett.

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/020703top100.html

athlon sports had him ranked number three overall.

Ok ok we get the point, take ratings with a grain of salt. LOL.

can we get the discussion back to chasen campbell?