Check this out...

Alright…
As everyone can clearly see i don’t post too much on the board… I really just come here a couple times a week to see what’s going on… so if you want to bitch about that go ahead…

But honestly…
i am personally sick and tired of all the bitching that goes on about our team… This 49er team needs our support so why do we talk so much smack about them? I am glad these guys are playing for us… I think we have a strong team, but we just have so many new players that have to find their niche with eachother…

Curtis has been a big topic here… I have talked to Curt after a game we WON and he wasn’t at all happy with himself… I still encouraged him and told him that we were all still behind him and we just need him to kick some ass… all of a sudden he seemed a lot better…

this is what we need… we need everybody to wear headbands or make a bunch of signs supporting our team… to be honest… i think it would be the most amazing thing to see our entire student section holding signs… i mean one sign for each person… Indiana would not even know what to do…

Let’s show everybody that the 49ers are ready to head back to the Big Dance and the Final Four like we did so long ago… i’m ready to go deaf from Halton Arean being so loud and i hope we go through the rest of the year UNdefeated!

GO NINERS!

Right on! Let’s be positive toward the team.

We must have signs saying how much we love the team!

Good thread.

Maybe all the pieces will come together in the IU game. A win is not out of the question, and a win could have the confidence boosting effect the team’s been needing.

Yes, my glass is also half full.

Yup, already thinking of sign ideas…

Anyone?

“Curtis Withers Is My Hero”

Heh…definitely need some help with ideas…

I was wanting to do the tribute to ESPN, but I’d look like a complete idiot with the way this season is going…

Everyone is
Scared to
Play the
Niners

Haaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;144130]Let’s show everybody that the 49ers are ready to head back to the Big Dance and the Final Four like we did so long ago… i’m ready to go deaf from Halton Arean being so loud and i hope we go through the rest of the year UNdefeated![/QUOTE]

I am a Big Niner supporter and have been for 15yrs…but I am also a realist…and you have got to be freakin’ kidding.

After 9 games, we are what we are. We are a bad team that willl be LUCKY to finish .500%

Support your Niners but don’t set yourself up to be devestated by thinking we have a realistic shot at ANY postseason. Nor do we have a realistic shot at beating Indiana…or Wake…Nor do we have a realistic shot at finishing in the top 5 in the A-10.

We are what we are. A bad team that will win a few we shouldn’t but will lose more than we win.

We are what we are. A bad team that will win a few we shouldn't but will lose more than we win.

I don’t think we have an identity yet. We destroyed Coppin St. yet lost to NW and Wyoming. We couldn’t hit the rim vs Miss St. Then we beat Ga. St., Portland and a very good Davidson team. Blew out the Cajuns, only to blow the lead in the final minutes, and then played a sloppy misguided game vs Valpo, and we still almost beat Valpo.

I haven’t seen any identity for this team, other than sloppyness. If we ever get any discipline we could be really good, and we’d probably be undefeated right now. We looked disciplined vs Davidson, I imagine we’ll come out disciplined vs Indiana.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;144146]If we ever get any discipline we could be really good, and we’d probably be undefeated right now. [/QUOTE]

Every team in the country would be undefeated when using the “if” argument.

Our lack of discipline, inconsistent shooting and inconsistent defense/rebounding are staples of this team thru 9 games. You use them as excuses as why we can get better…I say those traits are simply what this team is.

We have played 6 Wretched teams, 2 BAD teams and a decent team…and we are 5-4!!!

It’s not like we’re struggling against Top 50 competition (or Top 150 for that matter). We are losing, sometimes CONVINCINGLY, to BAD teams…which means we are worse.

Happening once is a fluke.

5-4(W/L) with 6-7 total bad outings out of 9 games is not a fluke…it is not a trend…it is what we are.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;144130]
But honestly…
i am personally sick and tired of all the bitching that goes on about our team… This 49er team needs our support so why do we talk so much smack about them? I am glad these guys are playing for us… I think we have a strong team, but we just have so many new players that have to find their niche with eachother…

[/QUOTE]

I like the love for the Niners, but let’s be serious here. We talk smack because we care about the team. If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t post messages on this site at all. I understand we sometimes get out of hand with the post, but we expect the team to play hard every night, regardless wether they win or not. Playing hard is the first step. I think alot of people are frustrated because we have a good team but the results are not showing it.

Just my thought, but good post Shaggy

Shaggy. Yeah, your avatar shows you blowing on Lutz. Now that is some reality right there.

I believe this is the place to vent our frustrations not at the game. We should always support the team and the games…no matter how they are playing. I’m sure Curt hearing his own ‘‘fans’’ boo him will make him play harder. That boggles the mind that you think you can get your team to play harder or better by booing them.

“Brilliant”

[QUOTE=gotLutz;144142]
Everyone is
Scared to
Play the
Niners
[/QUOTE]

me and my roommates used that same one last year for the cinci game

After 9 games, we are what we are. We are a bad team that willl be LUCKY to finish .500%

I think most understand this by now, or at least they should. However I see no problem with hope or expressing it if you have it.

We know this team isn’t good, we know we’ll lose games and we know it will probably be more than we win, so why continue to harp on it?

My personal opinion is the time has come to quit pissing and moaning about ill advised 3’s (of which we’ve taken far less this year than in years past), Lutz’s coaching, Withers disappearing etc. Any high expectations for the year have been shot to crap so let’s set new ones, one week at a time.

If we accept that fact that we can lose most any week we play and accept the limitatations this team has, right or not, for whatever reason, then we can quit the constant state of bitching this place is in and try to focus, one game at a time, and set reasonable expectations. There is nothing that can be said that hasn’t already been on the negative end.

Just my opinion.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;144142]

I was wanting to do the tribute to ESPN, but I’d look like a complete idiot with the way this season is going…

Everyone is
Scared to
Play the
Niners

[/QUOTE]

Yep, that one might draw a few laughs this year.

Yup, already thinking of sign ideas...

Anyone?

“Curtis Withers Is My Hero”

Heh…definitely need some help with ideas…

Everyone is
Scared to
Play the
Niners

Haaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe the best thing to do is write on one side of the sign:

Everyone is
Scared to
Play the
Niners

on the other side write:

Everyone
Sucks.
Pray for the
Niners

Then it’s just a matter of seeing which team goes up by 20. :tongue:

If you’re looking for a chant/sign for Withers, how 'bout ‘Jae’lyn Loves You’

[QUOTE=MKNiner;144177]I think most understand this by now, or at least they should. However I see no problem with hope or expressing it if you have it.

We know this team isn’t good, we know we’ll lose games and we know it will probably be more than we win, so why continue to harp on it?

My personal opinion is the time has come to quit pissing and moaning about ill advised 3’s (of which we’ve taken far less this year than in years past), Lutz’s coaching, Withers disappearing etc. Any high expectations for the year have been shot to crap so let’s set new ones, one week at a time.

If we accept that fact that we can lose most any week we play and accept the limitatations this team has, right or not, for whatever reason, then we can quit the constant state of bitching this place is in and try to focus, one game at a time, and set reasonable expectations. There is nothing that can be said that hasn’t already been on the negative end.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Nice post MK. I agree completely.

The best thing to do now is to keep our fingers crossed, hope we improve, and be happy with every win we can get, one game at a time…and then hope we get really hot in March.