Chili's Jimmy V Fundraiser..... UNC-CH, Duke, State, Wake and.....

Stopped in Chili’s in Gastonia last night, and they had little paper basketball with college logos and colors you could purchase for $1 to raise money for the Jimmy V Foundation. I just glanced at them, figuring they only had ACC schools. The did have the “Big Four,” along with a pink one for Coach Yow. I asked if they had Charlotte, and they didn’t. They did have blank one though, where you can write your own team name. I decided to get show some support for the Niners, so I got one. As the girl went through the pile to get the blanks though, under the fairy blue, other blue and red… I saw purple. Yep, they had ECU. Then, I saw white and red. Yep, they even had [I]Davidson. [/I]If they just had the ACC schools, that’s fine - I’ve come to expect that. But adding on ECU and Davidson as well? I complained about it to a friend, and he proceeded to tell me that it was because Davidson was currently ranked #18 in the country (Tarhole fan, of course).

So, how does this happen? I know our school had nothing to do with it, but still.

I’m from Gastonia. We don’t even register in Gastonia or for that matter Lincolnton, Shelby, York, Rock Hill, Lancaster, Monroe or even Kannapolis. Concord barely knows we exist. These are the markets I hope football opens up to us. We’ll need them to move up to the next level for the long term.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;390506]I’m from Gastonia. We don’t even register in Gastonia or for that matter Lincolnton, Shelby, York, Rock Hill, Lancaster, Monroe or even Kannapolis. Concord barely knows we exist. These are the markets I hope football opens up to us. [B]We’ll need them to move up to the next level for the long term.[/B][/QUOTE]

truth

I live out in Waxhaw, and frequently venture into a wealthy south Charlotte area and I am surprised sometimes at the number of UNC Charlotte stickers on the back of cars or people I see at Lowes or the grocery store that wear the University’s gear. I’m not saying it’s an every day event but I think support is growing overall, at least out here; and particularly after the announcement of football.