Chisox will love this! 2006-07 schedule

Son, it’s time to start practicing on your best smack!

[QUOTE][B]“Right now, we’re negotiating with several people and N.C. State is one of them,” Biedenbach said about a 2006-07 schedule that already includes Louisville, Virginia, [COLOR=Green]Charlotte[/COLOR] and South Carolina.[/B] - Tom Berry, High Point Enterprise, May 21, 2006[/QUOTE]
[B][U]Road Games (15)[/U][/B]
at Davidson
at Indiana
at Mississippi State
at Portland
at Rainbow Classic, Honolulu – Charlotte, Creighton, Georgia, Hawaii, Houston, Nebraska, Valparaiso, San Francisco
at Dayton
at Duquesne
at George Washington
at Rhode Island
at Richmond
at Saint Louis
at Temple
at Xavier

[B][U]Home Games (9)[/U][/B]
UNC Asheville
Dayton
Fordham
George Washington
La Salle
Massachusetts
Richmond
Saint Bonaventure
Saint Joseph’s

Is this our schedule? Only 9 home games?

[QUOTE=missy49er;174887]Is this our schedule? Only 9 home games?[/QUOTE]

That can’t be our full schedule. Only one non-conference home game? John George will have his hands full trying to sell tickets to that schedule.

Looks like we need to add 3 to 5 home games to round out the schedule.:confused:

[QUOTE=austinniner;174893]Looks like we need to add 3 to 5 home games to round out the schedule.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Call Winthrop. Phone lines are open.

I predict 18-6 vs. that schedule

Call Winthrop. Phone lines are open.

I wouldn’t mind seeing that. Sure, it’s risky, but what other quality opponents can we get for a home game? Don’t want to add a bunch of push-overs.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;174895]Call Winthrop. Phone lines are open.[/QUOTE]

I would love to play Winthrop.

[QUOTE=N1NER;174900]I would love to play Winthrop.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t mind it either. Besides, they are a NCAA tournament team.

Give 'em a call… Winthrop has a very good team.

We’ll be adding 6 more games. The NCAA put a cap on the number of games you can play in April, which is 27 plus a tournament. We currently have 21 plus the tournament right now. I would guess we will be shooting for at least half of the six games to be home games especially since we only have one non-conference home game right now.

The 9 home games are the ones we know about. But it might be a difficult sale since I am not sure there is a name school wanting a 2-game series, and with Indiana and Mississippi State on the road, they would have to play in Halton first. The burning question is did UNCA replace the UNCW game or do we have to replace that game as well? The Seahawks may have not needed a game since they have the preseason NIT.

Chisox is not a fan of Eddie Biedenbach and let him know it. :lol:

From the Seahawks boards, Moss does not want to play Lutz right now so the UNCW 2 for 1 may not pan out right now.

Technically the Rainbow Classic is neutral games not road games.

From the Seahawks boards, Moss does not want to play Lutz right now so the UNCW 2 for 1 may not pan out right now.

That’s wierd. That would be like us saying we don’t want to play Chapel Hill right now. You think if anything it would be the other way around.

I think Moss would rather not play Lutz until he gets stable is the way I took it. Moss considers Lutz his mentor and has been with him for many years.

[QUOTE=HP49er;174913]The 9 home games are the ones we know about. But it might be a difficult sale since I am not sure there is a name school wanting a 2-game series, and with Indiana and Mississippi State on the road, they would have to play in Halton first. The burning question is did UNCA replace the UNCW game or do we have to replace that game as well? The Seahawks may have not needed a game since they have the preseason NIT. [/QUOTE]

I’m guessing that the best we’ll be able to do for non-conference home games at this point is a MAC team or a low-end BCS conference team. The more likely deal is a CAA team or Atlantic Sun team.

HP, wasn’t the Georgia State deal a 3-year, 2-for-1 deal? We are due our 2nd home game if that’s the case. I wasn’t sure if they suspended it a year like we did the LBSU last home game two seasons ago.

I thought Georgia State was a 2 year series, but could be wrong

LOL thanks HP! :thumbsup:

I had to work during this past year’s game against UNC trAsheville, so Id love to have another chance to take some rather loud verbal shots at my dear old buddy coach B :shades:

I can’t wait til the @Davidson game. Those are more fun than the home games. We should play “away” every year. :clap: