Chisox will love this! 2006-07 schedule

[B][U]Quality Games Road (8)[/U][/B] at Davidson at Indiana at Mississippi State at Dayton at George Washington at Saint Louis at Temple at Xavier

Home Games (3)
Dayton
George Washington
Saint Joseph’s

My opinion for decent RPI helpers.

I think we have ga state and la lafayette coming here next year as last part of 2-1 deals. Also heard we are going back to syracuse? Anyone heard this?

gator, I don’t think they could stand another road game but if the money is right, do it. A guarantee at Syracuse would likely be more than they could earn in a home game in Halton. Biedenbach has earned about $150,000 for the UNCA athletic department with the 4 games mentioned in the first post.

If Ga State and LaLa are on that list, it’s gonna be tough to sell that potential home schedule to the masses, especially after last season.

[QUOTE=C49er;174933]I can’t wait til the @Davidson game. Those are more fun than the home games. We should play “away” every year. :clap:[/QUOTE]

i agree. but since those davidson fans need to see what a real university looks like on occasion they still need to visit halton.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;175020]i agree. but since those davidson fans need to see what a real university looks like on occasion they still need to visit halton.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a real arena, but Davidson certainly has a real university. That’s a very cool college town. And the value of a degree from there can’t be disputed.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;175025] And the value of a degree from there can’t be disputed.[/QUOTE]

Sure can’t. It’s currently priced at $155,136.00.

Road Games (15)
at Davidson
at Indiana
at Mississippi State
at Portland
at Rainbow Classic, Honolulu – Charlotte, Creighton, Georgia, Hawaii, Houston, Nebraska, Valparaiso, San Francisco
at Dayton
at Duquesne
at George Washington
at Rhode Island
at Richmond
at Saint Louis
at Temple
at Xavier

Home Games (9)
UNC Asheville
Dayton
Fordham
George Washington
La Salle
Massachusetts
Richmond
Saint Bonaventure
Saint Joseph’s

La Lafayette and Georgia State are returning to Halton this year. I know of at least one more road game and one more home game that will be added. Look for 14 home games total (not including exhibition).

[B][U]Road Games[/U][/B]
[I]at Davidson
at Indiana
at Mississippi State
at Portland
at Syracuse
at Rainbow Classic, Honolulu – Charlotte, Creighton, Georgia, Hawaii, Houston, Nebraska, Valparaiso, San Francisco
at Dayton
at Duquesne
at George Washington
at Rhode Island
at Richmond
at Saint Louis
at Temple
at Xavier[/I]

[B][U]Home Games[/U][/B]
[I]East Tennessee State
Georgia State
Louisiana Lafayette
UNC Asheville
Wofford
Dayton
Fordham
George Washington
La Salle
Massachusetts
Richmond
Saint Bonaventure
Saint Joseph’s[/I]

Okay, add a road game back to the Carrier Dome, final games with Georgia State and La-Lafayette, single games with ETSU and Wofford and 2 home games still to be determined.

Our OOC road schedule is a killer now by adding Syracuse. Will they come to Halton? Hopefully our road success will continue. We’ll need to steal 2 of 3 of the big ones.

I assume the A-10 is still mandating that conf schools must buy two or three games (Wofford, ETSU)

[QUOTE=X-49er;175027]Sure can’t. It’s currently priced at $155,136.00.[/QUOTE]

ouch. maybe we should try a “you’re getting ripped off” chant at their game next year.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;175025] And the value of a degree from there can’t be disputed.[/QUOTE]

probably more so than one from chapel hill or state.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;175043]Our OOC road schedule is a killer now by adding Syracuse. Will they come to Halton? [/QUOTE]

did the agreement with them stipulate they would play us at home?

Didn’t davidson lose all of their “good” players? It looks like it will be 15 in a row now or 15 out of 16 or some streak within 5 games of that figure.

They’re school is overpriced. Plus, Mr. Persinger, to be technical, davidson isn’t a university. It’s more or less a prestigious community college.

[I]from dictionary.com…[/I]

[B]u¡ni¡ver¡si¡ty[/B]
-An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities constituting a graduate school and professional schools that award master’s degrees and doctorates and an undergraduate division that awards bachelor’s degrees.

[B]col¡lege[/B]
-An institution of higher learning that grants the bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or science or both.
-An undergraduate division or school of a university offering courses and granting degrees in a particular field.

adding Syracuse was BIG. hopefully they have plans to come to halton, would be a great home game. (doesn’t hurt that I have a friend that goes to cuse, that i can rub it in to) BTW does anyone have the Cuse DVD when Plav lit them up? Or the Heel tourney game that Gill hasn’t sent yet?

Syracuse is a road game only. No return game, they don’t leave town except for the Big East.

[QUOTE=Threemire09;175066]adding Syracuse was BIG. hopefully they have plans to come to halton, would be a great home game. (doesn’t hurt that I have a friend that goes to cuse, that i can rub it in to) BTW does anyone have the Cuse DVD when Plav lit them up? Or the Heel tourney game that Gill hasn’t sent yet?[/QUOTE]

Check your PM’s.

[QUOTE=lutz9er;175063]
They’re school is overpriced. Plus, Mr. Persinger, to be technical, davidson isn’t a university. It’s more or less a prestigious community college.
[/QUOTE]

C’mon, Lutz, you just look stupid saying that. They’re MUCH more selective than a community college – or UNCC for that matter. Only accepted about a quarter of their applicants in freshman class of 2005. Average three-part SAT of more than 2,000, and more than 1400 in the old format. Of this year’s freshmen, 76 percent were in the top 10 percent of their high school class. Top 10 among liberal arts private schools in the country, per U.S. News and World Report.

C'mon, Lutz, you just look stupid saying that. They're MUCH more selective than a community college -- or UNCC for that matter. Only accepted about a quarter of their applicants in freshman class of 2005. Average three-part SAT of more than 2,000, and more than 1400 in the old format. Of this year's freshmen, 76 percent were in the top 10 percent of their high school class. Top 10 among liberal arts private schools in the country, per U.S. News and World Report.

Why didn’t you go ahead and put a link to their homepage and send us all applications to pass out while you were at it?

[QUOTE=Threemire09;175083]Why didn’t you just put a link to their homepage and send us all applications to pass out while you were at it?[/QUOTE]

Davidson’s not for everyone, for sure. But to say it’s not a real college or is a glorified community college would be, to put it nicely, inaccurate. If you want a small, liberal arts school, it’s not a bad choice. Not everyone does.

No way do we get a return trip to Syracuse, that would be suprising after winning last time there, that is not how the system works.

Unless Boeheim is doing a Bobby Cremins imitation, that really cost Cremins at the end at Tech, home out of conference losses in November are really not appreciated when you are putting 20k people in the seats.