27. Long Beach State 49ers
  28. Weber State Wildcats
  29. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles
  30. Boston University
  31. Harvard Crimson
  32. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
  33. WINTHROP EAGLES
  34. Stony Brook Seawolves

Didn’t we mostly all agree last year that this thing sucks a big stinky one?

ib49, thanks for getting this annual thread started. While CHN doesn’t seem any more accurate than any of the others - Athlon, ESPN, Lindy’s, Sporting New, etc. - does give us something to discuss between now and the start of the season.

FWIW, think #141 is way too low for CofC. Expect Cremins to have the Cougars vying for the SoCon crown in 2010-11.

Yeah but it’s still fun to follow.

[quote=“Run49er, post:3, topic:23664”]ib49, thanks for getting this annual thread started. While CHN doesn’t seem any more accurate than any of the others - Athlon, ESPN, Lindy’s, Sporting New, etc. - does give us something to discuss between now and the start of the season.

FWIW, think #141 is way too low for CofC. Expect Cremins to have the Cougars vying for the SoCon crown in 2010-11.[/quote]

Still think Wofford will be the league favorites with Davidson not too far behind.

Wofford definitely a SoCon fav, along with Davidson, CofC, and Western. Georgia Southern had the best recruiting class by far, but probably a year or two away from contending.

Anyway, just think CofC will finish higher than #141 since they finished #91 last season. Return 3 starters, plus Antwaine Wiggins is back after sitting out last year with an injury, so really have 4 starters as Wiggins started all 36 games as a sophomore in 2008-09.

Wow. :-X

Not the worst team in the country if on this list. There were 347 teams at the D-I level in 2009-10 (not sure about this season as Centenary and UNO having announced they are dropping out of D-I), so that means that CHN believes there are least 200 teams worse than South Carolina.

144 out of 347 → 58th percentile

Where did Charlotte end the year ranked in terms of RPI and where did CollegeHoops.Net rank us in their preseason preview 2009-10? Interested to see if they will rank us higher or lower than they did last year.

Finished last season with an RPI of 75.

Finished last season with an RPI of 75.[/quote]

Thanks Hooner49… do you know where they ranked us in the preseason preview?

Finished last season with an RPI of 75.[/quote]

Thanks Hooner49… do you know where they ranked us in the preseason preview?[/quote]

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/2009-10-charlotte-basketball-preview-126-167039

Also noticed they had UNC-CH #4 last season. Haha!

I’ll give them credit for having Kansas #1, MSU #3, WVU #7 and Duke #8. Swap Butler for UNC-CH and they roughly had the top 8 teams.

Misses…Baylor at 58, Richmond at 61, Syracuse at 67 and Temple at 115. :o

Yeah, but UNCCH runs a clean football program. Butch Davis has a reputation for that!

Yeah, but UNCCH runs a clean football program. Butch Davis has a reputation for that![/quote]

Did you hear Dean Smith is having problems with his memory?

Yeah, but UNCCH runs a clean football program. Butch Davis has a reputation for that![/quote]

Did you hear Dean Smith is having problems with his memory?[/quote]

UNCCH is the bestest! They’re the oldest public institution in the country. Did you know this?

I think everybody missed that one. Their preseason ranking was not quite that high, but I think they were Top 10 in the polls to start out, no?

The Temple ranking is the worst miss. No way they should have been that low.

Of all the apologist bullshit I’ve ever read, that one may have taken the cake.