Choose your own adventure....Nigerian Scam Edition

[FONT=Arial]OK Nation…I have been contacted by one of those Nigerian Scam artists folks trying to get me to give me “millions” of dollars. I mess around with these guys from time to time but am running out of ideas. I wanna turn this one over to the nation. You guys make the call. I have already made a couple of contacts with them…so you guys take it from here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Here is the initial email[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]

FROM BARRISTER DANJUMA HASSAN
SOLICITORS ADVOCATES
NOTARY PUBLIC & LEGAL ADVISER
MAKA PLAZA, NO: 12 ORLU ROAD IKEJI LAGOS.
STATE-NIGERIA.
TEL: 234-80-80571561
Email:- [COLOR=#003399]danjumahassan18@yahoo.com[/COLOR]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sorry for the embarrassment this mail might cause you, as we have not met before. I am Barrister Danjuma Hassan, a solicitor at law, I am the personal attorney to Engineer Gimple Shanghai, a national of your Country,who used to work with Mobil oil Nigeria plc. Hereinafter shall
be referred to as my client.
On the 4th of May 2002, my client, his wife and their children were involved in a fatal air disaster, My Client and his family together with other people’s had boarded the Executive Airlines Services (EAS Airlines) which took off from Aminu Kano International Airport and crash at Gwamaja on the outskirts of Kano City killing all passengers on board}. Let me refer you to the front page of (BBC) World News of Saturday, 4 May 2002,You can check it through the website at bellow.

[U][COLOR=#003399]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1968616.stm[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#003399]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1968300.stm[/COLOR][/U]

Since then I have made several enquiries to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has been unsuccessful. I came across your name and contact, while I was searching for Gimple’s relations, since my search did not yield the desired result, I had to contact you for this project.I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the money and properties left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the finance house where these funds were deposited. Particularly, the finance house where the deceased has an account valued $USD 40. 5 million Dollars, last year issued me a 12 months notice to provide the Next of Kin or have the fund consignment confiscated, and this ultimatum expires by next month. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over two years now, I seek your consent to present you as the Next of Kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceed of this deposit valued at $USD 40.5 Million Dollars can be released to you and then you and I can share the money, 50% for me 45% for you, and the remaining 5% will be for expenses and tax.

Furthermore, he made the money in one of the Oil deals he had with our
Oil Minister. Also the family picture of Engr. Gimple can be provide to you if needed. This is just to proof to you that my proposal is genuine. I will also process all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make, as soon as I receive your below required information. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this business through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS:-

NAME: SURNAME:________

SEX: _____ AGE: ______MARITAL: _______________

STATE _______ZIP CODE: _______

CONTACT ADDRESS: ________________________

CELL PHONE AND HOME NO#FAX NO#______

With these informations from you, I will proceed with this transaction as the next of kin to late Engr. Gimple Shanghai, Immediately. I also believe that it is (GOD) who join us together for this transaction, and I also pray for (GOD) to give us the spirit of been honest to ourselves by the successful end of this transaction. I wait for your urgent response. Contact me immediately through my private Email:-danjumahassan18@yahoo.com or telephone line +2348080571561 only.

Sincerely yours,
Barr. Danjuma Hassan.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I responded…[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]

[SIZE=1]Mr Hassan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Thank you for contacting me, and I am sorry to hear about the deaths of these people. I am interested in helping you. Give me a little more detail as to how this will happen. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Thanks,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]made up name…[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]His reply[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Thanks for your mail, I have one question for you now, are you ready to work with me? And let me tell you that you should keep it within yourself on no account will you tell any body about this transaction until the transaction is done. Always know that it is 100% risk free, and you will have your 40%, which I will give you after we receive the money, and 55% is for me, then 5% is for the expenses.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I will like you to know that we are going to spend some money before we can get it out, any money which you spent will pay back to you immediately this money is be cleared from where it is for now. Permit me to ask you these questions are you working? Are you married? Can you be able to work with me? This transaction can only last for 10 working days if you only follow my way, and you are not coming to [/FONT]Nigeria but I will do every thing that will make it easy for us. Look what I want you to understand now in all I will tell you the truth about this transaction, never to liar to you is a promise and I will like you to have my (WORD) is my bond. We must spent money. Can you be able to do that? The money is in Canada not in Nigeria. You are to be there to meet with Diplomat face to face.

Please just feel free to answer all my questions and get back to me before I will summit your details to enable you stand and clear the money on your name. Please after you must have read this mail I will like you to come out and tell me your mind on this matter I will not like to make mistakes in life, note that after the transaction I will give you what i promise you .All within 10 working days and I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. And I will also like you to indicate your interest.
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]I need is your full maximum support and cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction
I wait to have your urgent reply. You can give me a call any time of the day your telephone call is welcomed.

Regards.

Barrister Danjuma Hassan.
Cell Phone: +23480-80571561

NB: PLease let me have your Cell phone and home telephone number where you can be reach 24hours[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

my response…

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Yes...I am willing to work with you. Obviously I need more details. But if you can provide them..then I will help in any way I can.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I am currently single. Widowed. I have 2 children…one of which has a terminal illness that I cant get insurance to cover. This money would help me out tremendously…and would allow me to provide for my family.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I have not worked since my husband died (1 year ago). I am on leave of absence from my employer until I can get my child in better care. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I am going to refrain from giving you my telephone number until I can get more information from you.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thanks[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]his latest response…[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]

[FONT=Arial]I[SIZE=2] received your mail, Thanks. but if i may ask you this question what can of information do you need from me? i have told you where the money is be kept as you can see all the information is with you. [/SIZE][/FONT]
If you know that you are not ready to work with me just let me know. what again do you want to know? about this transaction? i can see that you are not ready please i will not like to delay in this transaction, with all these i told you on this by now you should have send to me your full details but up till now nothing from you.

If you are ready send to me your full details.

I wait to have your full details.

Best Regards.

Barrister Danjuma Hassan.(PASTOR)
23480-80571561

[/FONT]

Where do I go from here. A couple of things…in the letters…I am presenting myself as a woman…cause these people bite women more often then men. Secondly…I need to delay giving a phone number as long as possible. Take it away Nation.[/FONT]

He’s a pastor now? How did that happen?

Get sexual with it. Ask him if there is any way to get more money (percentage wise) if he can do some favors.

Or…

Ask to meet him in person. Tell him your story is BS, it was just a front to see if he was telling the truth. You know believe him, and have a large sum of money your willing to part with, but as a show of good faith and trust, you want to meet him somewhere. Tell him the meeting location is of no concern to you, as the return on this investment is worth far more then the cost of a place ticket.

Get sexual with it. Ask him if there is any way to get more money (percentage wise) if he can do some favors.

Or…

Ask to meet him in person. Tell him your story is BS, it was just a front to see if he was telling the truth. You know believe him, and have a large sum of money your willing to part with, but as a show of good faith and trust, you want to meet him somewhere. Tell him the meeting location is of no concern to you, as the return on this investment is worth far more then the cost of a place ticket.

I’m at work…so I cant get sexual with it…although that would be funny.

I like the second idea…not sure if it would scare him off though.

It would rock if it doesnt. Tell him to meet you somewhere. Hell, tell him you’ll pay for the ticket and to pick it up at roll call or the desk. LoL

this sounds like the time on the office where jim convinced dwight they would team up and dwight ends up with blonde hair.

Gimple Shanghai… :lmao:

This is a GREAT idea, cass…

Are they still hip to providing pictures while holding up signs for verification and such? Make him send a picture holding a “NNN” sign for verification… Then, you could post it on here.

this sounds like the time on the office where jim convinced dwight they would team up and dwight ends up with blonde hair.

lol…the alliance episode.

Gimple Shanghai... :lmao:

This is a GREAT idea, cass…

Are they still hip to providing pictures while holding up signs for verification and such? Make him send a picture holding a “NNN” sign for verification… Then, you could post it on here.

YES…I think this is the winner!!!

How about…Bring Football to Charlotte.

lol...the alliance episode.

season 3 out yesterday, sorry for the hijack, back to the thread.

I wouldn’t put ninernation out there, he’ll visit the site most likely and see the joke. Bring football to Charlotte would be hilarious.

YES.....I think this is the winner!!!!!

How about…Bring Football to Charlotte.

That would be hilarious…

We could give it to Chancellor Dubois: “See? Even the Nigerians are pulling for us, Dr. Dubois!!”

LoL, as him to do

[B][I]Were DUBIOUS about Football[/I][/B]

tell him its a random phrase that you want to see him put up for proof.

If you actually get the pic on here, cass, tell me before you post it… so I can go get some adult diapers and put them on before I look at the pic.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]OK…I have sent him an email requesting a picture of him holding a sign that says Bring Football to Charlotte as proof of verification. I dont have my saved folder turned on so I cant post a copy of the email until I hear back from him…but we will see if he bites.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/fingers crossed[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;256736]If you actually get the pic on here, cass, tell me before you post it… so I can go get some adult diapers and put them on before I look at the pic.[/QUOTE]
Please… us old folks need some advance warning for these type of events.

this will be so awesome!!

This should be pretty damn funny.

[QUOTE=casstommy;256737][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]OK…I have sent him an email requesting a picture of him holding a sign that says Bring Football to Charlotte as proof of verification. I dont have my saved folder turned on so I cant post a copy of the email until I hear back from him…but we will see if he bites.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/fingers crossed[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

clt says that this guy reminds him of malik el tamir. very similar writing style.

[QUOTE=casstommy;256737][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]OK…I have sent him an email requesting a picture of him holding a sign that says Bring Football to Charlotte as proof of verification. I dont have my saved folder turned on so I cant post a copy of the email until I hear back from him…but we will see if he bites.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/fingers crossed[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
I will worship you if this happens

I didn’t know you could actually respond to that spam, I am gonna f with these dudes all the time now.

Who has the link to that site that people posted the letters back and forth of these ordeals? It was posted here a while back here, maybe in the shoutbox. It was some great reading.