Chowan Game - Media

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/06/4292417/charlotte-49ers-first-goal-is.html#.Uipshj90n5R

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/05/4290083/49ers-football.html#.UiptWD90n5Q

So the mystery SEC team in 2015 is apparently Kentucky.

I think Kentucky is a great SEC team to start with. Will we win? Most likely not, but it is better than getting dismantled by a top tier SEC program.

I think Kentucky is a great SEC team to start with. Will we win? Most likely not, but it is better than getting dismantled by a top tier SEC program.[/quote]

This is one of only 2 SEC teams I think we could have a chance to beat, so not bad IMHO. Now what’s the hold-up on making it official?

I think Kentucky is a great SEC team to start with. Will we win? Most likely not, but it is better than getting dismantled by a top tier SEC program.[/quote]

This is one of only 2 SEC teams I think we could have a chance to beat, so not bad IMHO. Now what’s the hold-up on making it official?[/quote]

Maybe waiting on conference schedules.

They just lost to WKU so we have to start with a power conference squad at some point… they seem like the type we want! Go Niners!

It took WKU a while to become competitive in FBS, but they have really built a respectable program. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them upset Tennessee on Saturday.

Kentucky has a new HC (Stoops from FSU) and is recruiting very well at this point in time.

Smart move by Kentucky when you think about it. We’ll still have a proportionately small number of seniors but will be considered FBS, so their game against us will not count as a game against a FCS team. They are probably looking at us as an easy win, but I have bad news for them. We will be better than they think.

They are playing for each other, for their fans, their city and for the future players that will wear their jerseys.