CHP drops a "sobering" report on football

I don’t like how any of this is phrased, or the dim outlook and lack of imagination:

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/651002.html]http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/651002.html[/URL]

clt says this article is more observer bs.

clt just read the powerpoint and it seems reasonable.

it is this plain and simple. the o doesn’t want us to have anything.

I don't like how any of this is phrased, or the dim outlook and lack of imagination[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/651002.html]l[/URL]
Neither do I. I am also not surprised. Another bad sign was the way they mentioned the hike in student fees, making it look AWFUL, but not comparing our total tuition price to places like chapel hill or NCSU.

And what does this mean?

He said he is not currently not leaning either way.
Does that mean he IS leaning one way. (yea, I know, it’s probably a grammatical mistake)
clt says this article is more observer bs......... the o doesn't want us to have anything.
The "O" did not want us joining CUSA. They wanted us in a lesser conference. If the O wanted us to have football, they would have at least required Mike to sign those unsigned op-ed letters opposed to football.

clt hates to pile on the o, but they should know by know that uncc is not an acceptable name for the school. it is currently unc charlotte, not uncc.

meh…I drop “sobering” stuff after every visit to Azteca…

…but that’s neither here nor there. Let’s have some football already!

I hate to say it but the whole tone of this article screams of [B]NO FOOTBALL [/B]from Dubois. In my opinion he seems to be leaning towards not having football. His whole attitude seems to be one of uncertainty and disappointment. It appears that he’s focusing more on the cons of the upstart cost more than the benefits that will come once we get the ball rolling on this thing. I hope I’m wrong but my gut tells me otherwise.
This is not good news!!

TRANSLATION: Phil has not yet found anyone to foot the bill for a new stadium and/or stadium renovations.

Hate to say this, but until any of those costs are accounted for, I don’t see him publicly supporting football.

TRANSLATION: Phil has not yet found anyone to foot the bill for a new stadium and/or stadium renovations.
How hard has he looked? Any idea? And shouldn't a task like this be assigned to someone that knows the proper way to go about stuff like this? I don't doubt what you say, but I'm not accepting it as an excuse.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;322699]How hard has he looked? Any idea? And shouldn’t a task like this be assigned to someone that knows the proper way to go about stuff like this? I don’t doubt what you say, but I’m not accepting it as an excuse.[/QUOTE]

you sir have asked the multi-million dollar question.

I wish I knew how hard he (or anyone else) has looked. If I knew that, the comments would be much easier to accept.

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR RINKY DINK CHANCELLOR IS HE IS AGAINST IT!

HOW CAN A VOYAGE SUCCEED IF THE CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP DOESN’T WANT TO SAIL???

A REAL LEADER WOULD SAY, “ITS GONNA BE TIGHT, BUT I THINK WE CAN GRIND FORWARD TO A FIRST DOWN, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE FIRST FALL TAILGATE WITH STUDENTS AND ALUM”

(and I know all caps are annoying but I just want to scream in CHP’s face so bad I can’t stand it)

And just when I thought this place was gonna get boring for a while.

[QUOTE]Among the steepest hills for UNCC football, Dubois said Monday, is how to pay for a new or renovated stadium and football facilities – both of which the feasibility committee declined to address in its February report.[/QUOTE]

I know they put a number on it, or I’m pretty sure they did. It was a feasibility study, not a study to give all the answers. I agree with some of the sentiment… get Mac out front looking for donors, not this stiff.

His whole attitude seems to be one of uncertainty and disappointment.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

disappointment???

he can’t wait to kabosh this

dim outlook and lack of imagination:

QFT NA

If he says no to football it will be a cold day in hell before I support anything else from this school - basketball included.

And shouldn't a task like this be assigned to someone that knows the proper way to go about stuff like this?
I agree with some of the sentiment... get Mac out front looking for donors, not this stiff.

If CHP has been doing this (finding sponsors and raising funding) on his own, we have no chance.

What I meant earlier by disappointment is the fact the he knows that if he doesn’t approve football, he’ll have a huge conglomerate of students and alumni that will never stop breathing down his neck and he knows it. The decision may satisfy some of the faculty and staff but everyone else will be highly pissed at this guy no matter what he does from this point on. If Dubois spent half the time on football that he spends on the light rail issue then maybe he could find solutions to the funding of football and achieve something that Charlotte 49er’s will remember and appreciate for years to come.

clt says this article is more observer bs.

clt just read the powerpoint and it seems reasonable.

it is this plain and simple. the o doesn’t want us to have anything.

QFT

Dubois’ report wasn’t [I][B]“sobering” [/B][/I]it was just facts and numbers. Its not like he can say “we have tons of extra money for football” because that would be false. The observer made it look like football is a big fat NO but the trustees haven’t even discussed it yet. I’ll see how that goes on Thursday.

Amazing what different readers read from the same thing. I didn’t see anything inherently negative in this except I don’t think turning Belk/TransAm into a really nice FCS facility for 20 mil is the best use of money. We are so used to disappointment that we expect it under every rock and around every corner!

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;322695]TRANSLATION: Phil has not yet found anyone to foot the bill for a new stadium and/or stadium renovations.

Hate to say this, but until any of those costs are accounted for, I don’t see him publicly supporting football.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but I doubt [I][B]anyone [/B][/I]will step up until the school makes a commitment. I think Dr. Phil knows that, but he wouldn’t mind seeing someone step up so he is drawing it out.

After reading the whole powerpoint pres, I came to two conclusions…
[list type=decimal]
[]I know Middle Schoolers that could put together a better presentation (w/o using a picture of a soccer stadium)
[
]The presentation is not nearly as negative as the article sounds
[/LIST]

The presentation seems very thorough and has a lot of stats and data that is similar to what we were pulling up on here before the comitee was even formed. It basically shows me that not having football would put us in a minority of national schools according to city size, and enrollment, but to stay in the game it will cost. His estimates show a budget difference of +1.9M for 1AA and +0.6M for 1A in the first year of each. This is all without reading too much into the slides.