CHP's latest controversy

Sorry... Most literature classes require the reading of several books. Having a literature class centered around 1 book is almost unheard of. You can play devil's advocate if you can name one literature class that is focused on 1 piece of literature.

The Bible?

who says the course has to be a literature course in the first place?

It's a great book. If a college student can't read it in a semester, there are bigger problems.

I’ll admit to not having read it. But Rand has never impressed me, and I know the philosophy in it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

As for literature classes not ever being centered around one book, that’s not true. Graduate level classes occasionally do things like that. I took an undergrad philosophy class (decide for yourself whether philosophy is literature) where we only read Nietzsche’s On the Genealogy of Morality. But it’s not common, of course. I don’t personally think Rand is a complex enough, but that’s just me.

Wasn’t this deal done BEFORE CHP’s arrival? I’m not a fan of gifts with strings attached but this isn’t that big of a deal. A professor can assign the book as optional reading material.

The Bible?

who says the course has to be a literature course in the first place?

Every religion class I’ve ever taken (including classes taken at a Catholic college before transfering) had several books, one of which was usually the Bible.