CHP's Speech

Did anyone else feel like it was a big F*CK YOU to the football supporters? I was feeling good about Mac being there until CHP had to open his mouth.

I mean it did sound a little overly neutral, however, that’s how he’s gotta be so I’m not drawing conclusions from his attitude because he was supposed to be neutral. He can’t get our hopes up, but that doesn’t mean we can’t stay HYPED FOR FOOTBALL

the only part that worried me was when he said if we dont get football i hope you still love the school no matter what

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;341629]Did anyone else feel like it was a big F*CK YOU to the football supporters? I was feeling good about Mac being there until CHP had to open his mouth.[/QUOTE]

No. He was neutral and thanked us for our support and for being there. Let’s just wait and see what happens Thursday and not read into things.

I thought it was OK. I mean he had to stay neutral. It’s not like he is going to give it away right there, he didn’t sound for or against it in my opinion.

the only part that worried me was when he said if we dont get football i hope you still love the school no matter what

thank you. he was like oh by the way WE STILL HAVE BASKETBALL! GOOOO NINERS!!!..
-I was like are you kidding?

Did you all boo when he said that?

You better have.

Did you all boo when he said that?

You better have.

He had already left… the guy basically ran out of there. :huh:
-Come to think of it.

we should never boo basketball. remember guys. regardless, we still need to go to midnight madness and chant for braswell. the worst thing we could do if we dont get football is stop supporting basketball. even if we get football, college basketball is still my favorite sport.

his speech kinda sounded like an apology…

He had a function at his house, so he had to get back I am sure. Didn’t read anything in to it

we should never boo basketball. remember guys. regardless, we still need to go to midnight madness and chant for braswell. the worst thing we could do if we dont get football is stop supporting basketball. even if we get football, college basketball is still my favorite sport.

Yea but CHP shouldn’t have used such a cop-out is what I’m saying… believe me I’ll be there for basketball season.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;341641]we should never boo basketball. remember guys. regardless, we still need to go to midnight madness and chant for braswell. the worst thing we could do if we dont get football is stop supporting basketball. even if we get football, college basketball is still my favorite sport.[/QUOTE]

You’re not booing basketball, you’re booing the idea that you wont get football.

Did anyone else think he looked nervous/uncomfortable?

He kinda looked small and pathetic. Glad to see Mac there though.

That’s b/c when he came out to speak he didn’t have his swarm of 8 cops.

I think he was being overly careful not to tip his hand… I think we’re gonna be happy Thursday. :smile:

I think he was being overly careful not to tip his hand... I think we're gonna be happy Thursday. :smile:
agreed

This roof will come off of this place on Thursday around noon

he was more positive then i thought he would be

One small but very important thing I noticed as CHP talked about his recommendation on Thursday. He actually made pick-axe’s with both hands on the podium… almost like he was showing his support. Several other alums who sat near the court noticed this and we talked about it afterwards. I’ve been very critical of all these delays but this is the most encouraged I’ve been.